Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
Just shows how much the media wants clicks though. There is still a game this saturday that would put all of this to bed one way or the other. Auburn getting blown out by a 3 loss team and then smoked by Mizzou can sit the f*** down.

But then what about Mizzou?!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)
But then what about Mizzou?!

I wonder if the Auburn AD will campaign for them.

OSU still needs to beat MSU and thats a tall task. If they lose then I assume its Mizzou in the title game, although im POSITIVE the SEC braintrust will be pushing for Bama

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 11:09 PM)
I wonder if the Auburn AD will campaign for them.

OSU still needs to beat MSU and thats a tall task. If they lose then I assume its Mizzou in the title game, although im POSITIVE the SEC braintrust will be pushing for Bama

I think Mizzou, if somehow can beat Auburn and OSU lose to MSU, I doubt Alabama would be able to do anything. For one, the computers love missouri. For two, our loss was also crazy (clunking a 20 yard field goal).

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 04:24 PM)
I think Mizzou, if somehow can beat Auburn and OSU lose to MSU, I doubt Alabama would be able to do anything. For one, the computers love missouri. For two, our loss was also crazy (clunking a 20 yard field goal).

You know the old guard will try their best.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
Thats a good thing for FSU, sounds like nothing happening.

Apparently this prosecutor uses press conferences when no charges will be filed. He doesn't have a history of announcing charges without an arrest already made. Winston's attorney has scheduled a press conference for right afterwards. General feeling is nothing was found to warrant pushing this case forwards.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 05:59 PM)
If he was suspended what happens? They can beat Duke without a quarterback.

Easily. But would voters vote them number 1 still? They should, as the defense is extraordinary and there a lot of other NFL prospects on offense, but I could see voters sliding them a little bit.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 08:29 AM)
I know, context, but this is still funny.

Bar3wKKIUAAQRpr.jpg

That was a decision between two one loss teams. Love how thats all left out.

Oh and that team was Michigan. I think we can all agree that a one loss SEC team trumps a one loss Big Ten team.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
And here is where everyone will jump to cover up stories. Finebaum looked like someone just shot his dog. If FSU was in the SEC, he'd be doing cartwheels.

Espn was reporting in front of an SEC network logo.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)
That was a really, really weird press conference.

As an FSU fan, I'm glad the case is closed. As a human, this all sucks. And Florida is f***ed up.

Based on what is publicly known, I can't say the last 2 parts there, because everything points to there being zero physical evidence, it's just a he-said she-said case. If it was a rape...the accuser made sure the case couldn't be prosecuted by waiting a year to go to the police. Any physical damage or even circumstantial testimony is so old there you can't bring charges.

The only way there could have been charges is if there was some evidence no one knew about or some witness no one knew about.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 07:42 PM)
Based on what is publicly known, I can't say the last 2 parts there, because everything points to there beinphysical ro physical evidence, it's just a he-said she-said case. If it was a rape...the accuser made sure the case couldn't be prosecuted by waiting a year to go to the police. Any physical damage or even circumstantial testimony is so old there you can't bring charges.

The only way there could have been charges is if there was some evidence no one knew about or some witness no one knew about.

I didn't watch the presser and not really in the know about the case, but I'm pretty sure she didn't wait to go to the police...it just leaked a year later on a new tip. There is physical evidence in that they have his DNA, but that doesn't change it from he said she said.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 02:42 PM)
Based on what is publicly known, I can't say the last 2 parts there, because everything points to there being zero physical evidence, it's just a he-said she-said case. If it was a rape...the accuser made sure the case couldn't be prosecuted by waiting a year to go to the police. Any physical damage or even circumstantial testimony is so old there you can't bring charges.

From what I understand, she went to the police that night (or morning).

The 11 month delay before any legal proceedings happened irks me. The timing of it all is very suspect. When this even happened, Winston was a redshirt who no one in the country knew about other than as a top HS recruit. Then he hits the big time, gets in the national spotlight, and boom - he raped me.