West Region

It's probably hard to do in the West part of the country when they don't have a football program. Maybe a conference would let them in somewhere?

I'm guessing it wouldn't make financial sense for the Pac-12 or even the MWC to take on any non-football memebers, though for the Pac-12 especially it would certainly raise the level of play in the conference.

They're too far away to be considered for the MVC, A-10 or the new Big East.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulling for Big10 but AZ getting whistled for phantom fouls. Did look like they got away with a travel just now though for lay in.

Nm, Craft just got fouled on drive and no whistle. Now AZ ties

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 07:50 PM)
? Um, yes they are.

Still pretty inexcusable performance though.

Wichita State has 3 losses outside the top 100 and just 3 versus the top 50. Not a good team. They're decent, but they're nowhere near Final Four quality. The only reason they're here is because they took advantage of an easy draw. Pitt, Gonzaga, La Salle is one of the easier Elite 8 trips you'll get. This one, however, is a real upset.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 08:13 PM)
Wichita State has 3 losses outside the top 100 and just 3 versus the top 50. Not a good team. They're decent, but they're nowhere near Final Four quality. The only reason they're here is because they took advantage of an easy draw. Pitt, Gonzaga, La Salle is one of the easier Elite 8 trips you'll get. This one, however, is a real upset.

If they beat an 8, 1, and a 2, they deserve the Final Four spot.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)
Wichita State has made some dumb mistakes down the stretch, but Christ the officials are giving OSU every call

WSU got every call in the first half. The refs were terrible, but it didn't change the outcome. If OSU plays for even 15 minutes of that game, they win. They played hard for the last 10 and it was too late.

Crean and Matta not exactly earning their stripes these last few days.

Well, the bar is set pretty low when Steve Alford was run off by Iowa fans, denied an opportunity by his own alma mater at least on two occasions and still got a $26 million dollar/10 year deal from UCLA.

When they had the lead down to 4, if they could have rebounded that loose ball, they had a great shot at it.

That and the shot by Van Fleet that bounced around 3-4 times and went in.

Basketball, sometimes you get some lucky rolls. They had a 22-6 run there at the end but couldn't quite get over the top like Michigan the day before.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 08:21 PM)
If they beat an 8, 1, and a 2, they deserve the Final Four spot.

Don't give me Gonzaga as a 1. That was total BS. They were the worst No. 1 seed in the history of the tournament and played like it.

WSU belongs because they beat Ohio State today.

It just bothers me when a team like this makes the Final Four because they're not especially good. It devalues the accomplishment of getting to the Final Four. It's supposed to be the promised land to show you were an elite team. By no definition is WSU an elite team. For some reason this one bothers me while I thought VCU and George Mason were cool cinderella stories.

How much is the Duke-Louisville winner going to beat them by? 15+? That's not what I want to watch in a national semifinal.

The committee definitely set this up by putting the worst team at each of the top 5 seed lines in the same bracket. OSU was a 4 seed that got hot at the right time, but wasn't consistent all year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 30, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
Don't give me Gonzaga as a 1. That was total BS. They were the worst No. 1 seed in the history of the tournament and played like it.

WSU belongs because they beat Ohio State today.

It just bothers me when a team like this makes the Final Four because they're not especially good. It devalues the accomplishment of getting to the Final Four. It's supposed to be the promised land to show you were an elite team. By no definition is WSU an elite team. For some reason this one bothers me while I thought VCU and George Mason were cool cinderella stories.

How much is the Duke-Louisville winner going to beat them by? 15+? That's not what I want to watch in a national semifinal.

The committee definitely set this up by putting the worst team at each of the top 5 seed lines in the same bracket. OSU was a 4 seed that got hot at the right time, but wasn't consistent all year.

Don't sleep on the valley. I guarantee WSU can keep it closer then 15.

Hell Illinois freaking state completely outplayed Louisville @ Louisville earlier this year. If it wasn't for a screw job at the end they would have beat them.