ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 07:04 PM)
That would be an impressive, ballsy move. Would the $100 million go to charity?

I think the team keeps it. It is anunpaid suspension. No reason the Yankees or the Brewers would have to cut checks.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:26 PM)
They're getting penalized too. The MiLB drug policy is notoriously harsh and there are many lowly MLBers and MiLB guys involved in this controversy.

I guess that is true now, they did step up the MiLB policy before they could get the MLB union to agree on it. I feel like it makes more sense for those guys to do it, than some of these superstars. The difference between life in AA/AAA as opposed to MLB is huge, life-changing. Not sure when ARod started his juicing, but he was gonna be a hell of a player anyway, now he's just a moron.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
I guess that is true now, they did step up the MiLB policy before they could get the MLB union to agree on it. I feel like it makes more sense for those guys to do it, than some of these superstars. The difference between life in AA/AAA as opposed to MLB is huge, life-changing. Not sure when ARod started his juicing, but he was gonna be a hell of a player anyway, now he's just a moron.

If ARoid started juicing at 15-16 couldn't it have been the reason why he was a physical freak when he was 18 and drafted first?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 07:27 PM)
If ARoid started juicing at 15-16 couldn't it have been the reason why he was a physical freak when he was 18 and drafted first?

And, herein lies the problem... You have no way of knowing or proving either way. Which is why I'm a fan of....you get caught taking them more than once, and you're wiped from the books. Like you never existed at any level of the sport. You get to keep your money, but all of your accomplishments and statistics are null and void.

Just my two cents.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:32 PM)
USA Today's Bob Nightengale reports that Alex Rodriguez has no intention of negotiating a settlement with Major League Baseball and would appeal any potential suspension.

Per Usa Today

He is going to force the Yankees to pay him that entire contract unless they can somehow void it. Of course he is appealing. He has 100 million+ reasons to do so. He isn't retiring.

Here's the one question NOBODY has answered. Did he juice in 2012? This year? If so it doesn't seem he was caught. Assuming he was clean in 2012, he absolutely raked so you could make the argument that it made no difference to him whatsoever.

It seems that his association with the Pharma company is what did him in here, and he is just admitting guilt to that now that all of the skeletons have been removed from the closet. My guess is after all of the drama in the 2011 off season he would've been hard pressed to continue to juice throughout 2012 and into 2013 no? And if that was the case, why isn't anyone reporting a positive test over the past 1.5 seasons?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 01:24 PM)
Jack McDowell

anyone else notice that the vast majority of juicers have been Scott Boras clients? Look it up. Those we KNOW and those we all suspect (ie know)

Boras's clients tended to be the best players, I think this is a "causation is not correlation" thing. It's just that damn near everyone was busted juicing.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 01:33 PM)
How can this doctor be allowed to speak publicly about his patient's health?

A-Rod probably gave him permission b/c the Yankees are making up phony injuries trying to keep him from playing, and pushing the MLB to ban him/void his contract. They're going to lose.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 12:35 PM)
A-Rod probably gave him permission b/c the Yankees are making up phony injuries trying to keep him from playing, and pushing the MLB to ban him/void his contract. They're going to lose.

Good point