White Sox v Tigers

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 02:14 PM)
ADA on 3rd base, Rios hits a hard liner to CF that Jackson catches standing up. ADA looked to be about halfway towards home before he realized it would get caught, and he wasn't able to tag up. Hawk is incredibly pissed off.

Fantastic. Ale wants that number 1 pick too!

Just checked out some stats from Yahoo.Com on Dunn.

You know when he plays 1b, his stats this year are:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

64 221 30 53 8 0 15 37 40 67 0 1 .240 .362 .480 .842

Pretty cool.

Edited by OilCan

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
He has a long track record in minor league baseball of being a horrible hitter. Be patient. When a guy is batting .202 in Triple-A and .237 for his career in minor league ball and gets called up and starts hitting...this should scream "fluke" to you

I can admit it might be a fluke if you can admit it's possible he's made some adjustments that have served him well.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 08:17 PM)
On the bright side, ADA has correctable errors. You can't fix what is wrong with the likes of Paulie

And to that, I think we can all say that thankfully, his contract is up after this year. I can't imagine how it would be on here if PK had another year left on his deal.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 02:18 PM)
I can admit it might be a fluke if you can admit it's possible he's made some adjustments that have served him well.

Yeah, he might be better than he was at some of the times he really struggled in the minors. He's still not a .300 or even .280 hitter, though, and also lacks both power and speed. Lots of pressure on his glove

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 12:11 PM)
Wow, how does no one get fired for this? Shouldn't Ventura bench De Aza for that if he wants to send a message?

As dumb as a play that was that De Aza made you have to admit he had a much better chance of being throw out at home than on the Rios one. That was a pretty shallow shot to center and Jackson didn't dive. Chances are if he goes a good throw nails him by plenty.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 02:21 PM)
As dumb as a play that was that De Aza made you have to admit he had a much better chance of being throw out at home than on the Rios one. That was a pretty shallow shot to center and Jackson didn't dive. Chances are if he goes a good throw nails him by plenty.

This is a relevant point

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 12:19 PM)
Yeah, he might be better than he was at some of the times he really struggled in the minors. He's still not a .300 or even .280 hitter, though, and also lacks both power and speed. Lots of pressure on his glove

I think he's got better speed than Garcia and we got Garcia playing CF.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 02:23 PM)
I think he's got better speed than Garcia and we got Garcia playing CF.

It's actually an interesting question as to who is faster. The consensus is that Iglesias is not fast, especially for a MIF. However, how slow does that make him compared to a "fast big guy" like Garcia? Garcia has definitely done a better job of stealing bases in the minor leagues and has a bit lower rate of GDP than Iglesias