Frank Thomas Is a Hall of Famer

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:53 AM)
136 ballots released by the Hall.

http://bbwaa.com/14-hof-ballots/

Whoever the hell Lawrence Rocca is, his ballot was Morris, Nomo, Raines, Trammell

Used to be a beat writer for the Dodgers, Yankees, and Mets. Now he writes for the New York Star Ledger. Also a huge douche tool, much like Gurniger or whatever that other douche tool's name is.

http://natsgm.com/2013/01/19/natsgm-exclus...-of-fame-voter/

“At least for now, I am not voting for anyone who played the bulk of his career in the “steroids era.” Nobody had more power to rid the game of PEDs than the best players, so even those who didn’t use – if there are any – are at least guilty of complicity. Integrity is part of the criteria. Those who did not move to rid the game of PEDs have to get an F for integrity.”

Nope, no one I know that played for the White Sox, A's, and Blue Jays and hit baseballs like Godzilla hit buildings and played at Auburn and is now a Hall of Famer did that at all. Nope, no one at all.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to be a beat writer for the Dodgers, Yankees, and Mets. Now he writes for the New York Star Ledger. Also a huge douche tool, much like Gurniger or whatever that other douche tool's name is.

Nope, no one I know that played for the White Sox, A's, and Blue Jays and hit baseballs like Godzilla hit buildings and played at Auburn and is now a Hall of Famer did that at all. Nope, no one at all.

Would love to see one of the Chicago radio hosts try to get him on the phone and challenge him on that.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
Would love to see one of the Chicago radio hosts try to get him on the phone and challenge him on that.

I was looking for him on Twitter but couldn't find him. Yes, I was going to tweet terrible things to him.

Seriously, on what planet do you vote for Hideo Nomo over Frank Thomas? Hideo.f***ing.Nomo.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)

http://gkfb.blogspot.com/2013/01/another-h...-his-mouth.html

LR: “At least for now, I am not voting for anyone who played the bulk of his career in the “steroids era.” (Well, there goes the chance of Greg Maddux or Derek Jeter becoming the first unanimous first ballot HOF choice.) Nobody had more power to rid the game of PEDs than the best players, so even those who didn’t use – if there are any (Oh, there are, in fact it is the majority of players from that era, judging by the Mitchell report and all the other sources available for research)– are at least guilty of complicity. Integrity is part of the criteria. Those who did not move to rid the game of PEDs have to get an F for integrity.” (Even Frank Thomas, who volunteered for testing, to testify, and according to multiple accounts tried to organize a mass revolt among his Chicago White Sox teammates to avoid testing, thus triggering false positives in order to get over the 5% threshold and make testing mandatory? Rocca, I double dog dare you to get in the face of a guy known as “The Big Hurt” and question his integrity.)

Motherf***ing win.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 09:14 AM)
So 15 of the 16 who didn't vote for Maddux won't admit to it. This coming from the group whose job it is to report on things. That makes sense.

I heard one person theorize that some did it because they knew Maddux would get in so he saved his vote for one of the more borderline candidates. His complaint was the limit of 10 players for which he could vote.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)
I heard one person theorize that some did it because they knew Maddux would get in so he saved his vote for one of the more borderline candidates. His complaint was the limit of 10 players for which he could vote.

Fine. Then admit it, and use it as a bully pulpit for changing the ballot.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:21 AM)
Not from what I have always understood. The big thing that stuff is good for is quicker recovery from work outs and injuries. When you do get injuries it is more of the kid that results from your body not being able to handle the muscles you got. Griffey always seemed like a nagging something, or an playing field injury.

There is some anecdotal evidence that steroids caused tendon and bone-tendon injuries. The theory is that the muscles are so abnormally strong that the other tissues can't handle it. Some examples were the chronic tendonitis in McGwire which included knee, ankle and elbow,. The weirdest one was Tim Krumrie (sp?) a DL for the Bengals. He fractured his leg running with no contact. Again these are just speculation but you do see a fair amount of it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
Fine. Then admit it, and use it as a bully pulpit for changing the ballot.

I agree. I think it is a stupid reason as you should just vote for your top 10 and not manipulate the vote (maybe hehas Illinois roots). I'm just stating what someone said was their rationale.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)
There is some anecdotal evidence that steroids caused tendon and bone-tendon injuries. The theory is that the muscles are so abnormally strong that the other tissues can't handle it. Some examples were the chronic tendonitis in McGwire which included knee, ankle and elbow,. The weirdest one was Tim Krumrie (sp?) a DL for the Bengals. He fractured his leg running with no contact. Again these are just speculation but you do see a fair amount of it.

In my elementary school understanding of the stuff, that is where I was trying to go. Tendons can't handle the huge muscles, and tear. Steroid injuries don't seem to be things like hamstrings.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:42 PM)
I agree. I think it is a stupid reason as you should just vote for your top 10 and not manipulate the vote (maybe hehas Illinois roots). I'm just stating what someone said was their rationale.

The rationale makes sense. It would make more sense if they followed it up with the next logical step of calling out the process.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)

The problem is that we now know 2 guys who didn't vote for Maddux, and their reasoning was "because he pitched in the steroid era." That's a total BS, copout answer, and those people are just as guilty and fraudulent as Dan Le Batard.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
The problem is that we now know 2 guys who didn't vote for Maddux, and their reasoning was "because he pitched in the steroid era." That's a total BS, copout answer, and those people are just as guilty and fraudulent as Dan Le Batard.

Eh, I love what Le Batard did.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
Eh, I love what Le Batard did.

I do too, I don't think it was wrong at all. I think these people who vote for 1 or 2 in a class like this are absolute moron pieces of s***. Merely stating that, in the eyes of the BBWAA, if they view LeBatard in the wrong, they should view these other guys too.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
I do too, I don't think it was wrong at all. I think these people who vote for 1 or 2 in a class like this are absolute moron pieces of s***. Merely stating that, in the eyes of the BBWAA, if they view LeBatard in the wrong, they should view these other guys too.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
Why such a big deal about Maddux? He got in on his first ballot. Better pitchers than him have not received 100% of votes.

Maddux really isn't the point, he's just this years perfect example of how dumb and idiotic the process and some of these voters truly are.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
Why such a big deal about Maddux? He got in on his first ballot. Better pitchers than him have not received 100% of votes.

It is a big deal because of the damned games that have gotten played with vote. I can't vote for this guy because no one else has ever gotten 100%, so X-player can't get 100% either, is an idiotic reason not to vote for someone.

Agreed.

It's wrong on just the basic premise of voting. He didn't vote for who he wanted, he voted for who others wanted. People may have a dumb rational for why they voted but at least it was for who they thought deserved it.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
It is a big deal because of the damned games that have gotten played with vote. I can't vote for this guy because no one else has ever gotten 100%, so X-player can't get 100% either, is an idiotic reason not to vote for someone.

This is nothing new.

What if the HOF did away with announcing vote totals? Just say these guys got over 75%, these guys got between 5 and 75%, and these guys got less than 5%. Then maybe you would get more honest votes.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)
What if the HOF did away with announcing vote totals? Just say these guys got over 75%, these guys got between 5 and 75%, and these guys got less than 5%. Then maybe you would get more honest votes.

I think making all ballots public would help a significant amount.