2014-2015 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
Doesn't make any sense. They've admitted worse most likely. So weird.

They tightened things up after the Zook years. Incompetency is the name of the game at Illinois.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 05:04 PM)
Missouri just hired Illinois Oline coach AJ Ricker.

Thoughts?

Good coach, knew Cubit's offense inside and out which really helped us. The timing is going to kill us, no great replacements that really know and understand Cubit's offense at this point, fortunately it sounds like our OL recruits (specifically Megginson) aren't jumping ship with this. that would set us back so far.

SEC Media Days are getting me in the mood for football.

I have zero idea what to make out the Big 12. Oklahoma or Baylor might win it? TCU, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Texas in the middle? Tech next? Iowa State and West Virginia? Kansas?

People may rip on the Big 12, but the conference is kinda interesting.

SEC Media Days are getting me in the mood for football.

I have zero idea what to make out the Big 12. Oklahoma or Baylor might win it? TCU, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and Texas in the middle? Tech next? Iowa State and West Virginia? Kansas?

People may rip on the Big 12, but the conference is kinda interesting.

Tier I: Baylor, Oklahoma

Tier II: Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Texas

Tier III: TCU, Texas Tech

Tier IV: Iowa State, West Virginia

Tier X: Kansas

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
Well, whatever Oklahoma does, they certainly deserve the "winning at all costs" award.

OU, Okie State, and Baylor have had that implemented for awhile. Really easy to cheer against programs like that.

Tech is a sleeper to contend with the best QB in the league and a lot of Juco DL help coming in. If Texas gives the reins to Swoopes, they could be a 9-3 team.

Baylor should drop and OU will be dominant.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
Well, whatever Oklahoma does, they certainly deserve the "winning at all costs" award.

It's funny how if you keep a trouble maker you are a bad, dirty program, but if you sign another school's criminal, you are nice to give him a second chance.

SEC network makes deal with comcast, yayyyy

No deal yet with Time Warner, but with Time Warner covering a really big chunk of Kentucky I imagine it will happen.

Not that it matters, since CBS gets first pick of SEC games and ESPN gets 2nd-4th. SEC Network gets the leftovers.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
No deal yet with Time Warner, but with Time Warner covering a really big chunk of Kentucky I imagine it will happen.

Not that it matters, since CBS gets first pick of SEC games and ESPN gets 2nd-4th. SEC Network gets the leftovers.

Yeah but I'm a mizzou fan, I am the leftovers ;)

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 02:41 PM)
Report into the Ohio State Marching Band hazing released.

Those are some fantastic nicknames they came up with. My favorites were "Taint Brush" and "Sugar Bush."

That band director was awesome at his job, well other than the hazing.