2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
dont be mad bro. you can R-E-L-A-X now

I'm relaxed now, not so much during that Packers final drive.

Also Eddie Lacy was set on that fake spike, so I don't know what anyone is talking about.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
I'm relaxed now, not so much during that Packers final drive.

Also Eddie Lacy was set on that fake spike, so I don't know what anyone is talking about.

I posted that Rodgers had it in the bag before it happened. No need to worry.

The thing i would worry about is that Rodgers took some big shots yesterday, all day long. That line needs to stop letting that happen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)
I posted that Rodgers had it in the bag before it happened. No need to worry.

The thing i would worry about is that Rodgers took some big shots yesterday, all day long. That line needs to stop letting that happen.

Yeah, Rodgers took way too many hits for my liking.

Dolphins D-Line is actually pretty solid. Two really good ends.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
How about that Lovie Smith defense?

When the Bears hired Trestman I said it would be crucial to keep Marinelli and Toub. We haven't and while I give Tucker some excuse and defense has cleaned up its schtick in the run, they still have problems, but at least I see progress (and what they did against Atlanta, even with all of the Falcons drops, with no LB's was impressive). Then again, it tells me just how bad our starting LB's are ;)

But how Joey D hasn't been fired is just mind boggling. How many times do we need to start the ball inside the 20 and even inside the 10 after punts. We are consistently getting crushed in phase 3. Only nice thing I can say is sans that Panther TD return, the coverage unit has been solid.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
Why the Bears don't do this more often is beyond me.

I was yelling the whole 2nd half of the Panthers game where is the deep ball. Then again this week I was getting frustrated and was having a mini outburst when they finally threw that deep ball. It is just baffling. You know how hard this team is to D if you occasionally make the defense respect our down field passing attack (which we have...but have decided not to use all freaking season for some reason).

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
This

And he's been very smart overall with the ball, not forcing it and making dumb decisions. Why he can't play this way all the time is puzzling. When something isn't there, don't force it, is that too much to ask?

To be honest, his game in general has been much improved this year. He has had some bone head plays, with just a higher percentage going against us then in years past cause his bone head plays per attempt appears to be at an all time low. On the season, he's been good. His number are skewed by our wideouts not playing well, a half where Jeffrey / Marshall were out, and well some awful play calling in that Carolina game. Yes, he has his own things he did too, but team hasn't done a lot to help him.

Oh and by the way, I think our average starting position, when not effected by turnover, has to be amongst the worst in the league.

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 05:38 PM)
Bears D played pretty damn well. They clearly entered the game with the strategy of trying to get into ATL's heads with hard hits, which makes sense given our safeties in particular. It worked like a charm. We also saw a lot of productivity out of the D line and general pass rush.

With our best 4 LBs out, our best CB out, our starting FS out/hobbled, another starting CB missing some time, and a D line fully intact for the first time since the middle of game two, that's a really impressive performance from that group. The defense has exceeded expectations this year - not that that is saying much - and they are doing it without critical personnel every week.

Great to see the offense do what we thought it could. Jay was still pretty frequently looking to the check-down, but he balanced that with picking some smart spots to be aggressive and delivering the ball. We dialed up some great run plays at perfect times as well. O-line play in general could have been better.

ST was looking fine and then we had the obligatory giant f*** up

In what world was the ST looking fine. We are penalized practically every time. It is pathetic. Abysmal. Between that and the offensive penalties we continue to have, it is just disgraceful how much we pigeon hole our field position and ultimately our offense. I think it is a large part of how we have so many yards, yet, haven't been all that efficient in terms of converting them to points.

PS: Trestman must be sabotaging us in the two minute drill. Again, I noticed we wasted ample time at the end of the first half that caused us to dang near have a GB play all over again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 04:56 AM)
Even if Conte is cleared, there is no way he belongs on the field over Mundy. Vereen seems a tad slow but would rather have him out there getting experience.

Well...Mundy is the starter opposite Conte so we are talking about Vereen / Conte. Conte has played well when on the field but the consistent injuries are a reason he won't be our starter a year from now.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
With as bad as McClellin and Briggs can be, I wonder if the backups were really that much worse.

Shea had possibly been the best LB on the team prior to his injury. Which tells you everything you need to know about the quality of our LB corp.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
I seem to recall you being a Rams fan...are you fans of several teams in the same conference of many leagues?

GoSox05 is a Vikings and Packers fan. he frequently punches himself in the face

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
GoSox05 is a Vikings and Packers fan. he frequently punches himself in the face

This is getting out of control. You can't be saying things like that.

I am a Christian Ponder fan though.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
I am a Rams fan.

Cowboys and Rams. 2 teams.

That's weird to me. I'm a Chiefs fan and I root for other teams to do well for varying reasons (Browns and Eagles for example), but I can't imagine dealing with fandom for multiple teams. One let down is more than enough for me.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
Are the Browns good?

3-2 and next three games are Jaguars, Raiders and Bucs. They could be 6-2.

I actually think they are pretty decent. They'll probably lose one of those games though cause NFL.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
Are the Browns good?

3-2 and next three games are Jaguars, Raiders and Bucs. They could be 6-2.

They've played so many close games, they could easily be undefeated or 1-4.

I do think it's now obvious that the Steelers suck this year.

I think they are definitely a playoff contender in that division. Their running game is finally there, and Hoyer is doing everything you need to win games. The defense was already pretty good the past 2 years.

That said, they'll probably drop one of the next 3.

edit: said conference instead of division.

Edited by bmags