2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In their two previous home games they scored over 90 points. It may be a bad team, but that's a great offense in the dome and the Bears shut it down

If by shut it down you mean magically make the Falcons repeatedly drop passes with no defenders nearby, then yes, they shut it down.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
If by shut it down you mean magically make the Falcons repeatedly drop passes with no defenders nearby, then yes, they shut it down.

I think there were some big hits that had the Falcons pass catchers hearing footsteps, so the Bears deserve a little credit for that.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
I think there were some big hits that had the Falcons pass catchers hearing footsteps, so the Bears deserve a little credit for that.

Yeah, not all of those drops were "drops". There were some that a dude got the snot knocked out of him and he couldn't hold on to the ball.

I think something was wrong with Toilolo's arm or wrist. He kept holding it funny after each drop. And Roddy White got blasted by Mundy, I don't think he was right after that.

Fuller, goddamn. They are putting that kid against stars, not secondary receivers. And he is WINNING

Bears D played pretty damn well. They clearly entered the game with the strategy of trying to get into ATL's heads with hard hits, which makes sense given our safeties in particular. It worked like a charm. We also saw a lot of productivity out of the D line and general pass rush.

With our best 4 LBs out, our best CB out, our starting FS out/hobbled, another starting CB missing some time, and a D line fully intact for the first time since the middle of game two, that's a really impressive performance from that group. The defense has exceeded expectations this year - not that that is saying much - and they are doing it without critical personnel every week.

Great to see the offense do what we thought it could. Jay was still pretty frequently looking to the check-down, but he balanced that with picking some smart spots to be aggressive and delivering the ball. We dialed up some great run plays at perfect times as well. O-line play in general could have been better.

ST was looking fine and then we had the obligatory giant f*** up

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)

I guess you didn't get the memo, the Bears D isn't allowed to get any credit on positives ever.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)
Intercepting passes on 4th down is a pet peeve of mine.

Funny thing is he came down and the ball moved a bit in his hands. But it's one of the few times neither team would challenge because it didn't make sense to.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 08:19 PM)
Cowboys have always had a great passing game thanks to Romo, Witten, and insert a WR here, but now with an actual running game and a competent defense, this team looks REAL good.

5-1. This is exciting.

Jumping back on the bandwagon, I see....

PFF Bears Highlights

Top Bears O yesterday:

Jay Cutler (+6.6 overall, +6.4 pass)

Roberto Garza (+3.6 overall, +2.9 run block)

Brandon Marshall (+2.1 overall, +1.8 pass)

Worst Bears O yesterday:

Jordan Mills (-6.1 overall, -3.8 pass block)

Santonio Holmes (-1.3, -1.0 penalties)

Michael Ola (-1.1 overall, -2.3 pass block)

Top Bears D yesterday:

Stephen Paea (+2.9 overall, +1.7 run defense)

Jared Allen (+2.0 overall, +2.0 pass rush)

Tim Jennings (+1.2 overall, +1.0 pass coverage)

Worst Bears D:

N/A

Nobody had a meaningfully below 0 grade. Let that soak in for a second...

Bears team O ranks 5th in NFL in cumulative grade. Cleveland (!!) is number 1, on the strength of fantastic line play. Bears D is 13th. Bears ST ranks 31st, edging out Lovie's Bucs

QUOTE (Jake @ Oct 13, 2014 -> 07:02 AM)
PFF Bears Highlights

Top Bears O yesterday:

Jay Cutler (+6.6 overall, +6.4 pass)

Roberto Garza (+3.6 overall, +2.9 run block)

Brandon Marshall (+2.1 overall, +1.8 pass)

Worst Bears O yesterday:

Jordan Mills (-6.1 overall, -3.8 pass block)

Santonio Holmes (-1.3, -1.0 penalties)

Michael Ola (-1.1 overall, -2.3 pass block)

Top Bears D yesterday:

Stephen Paea (+2.9 overall, +1.7 run defense)

Jared Allen (+2.0 overall, +2.0 pass rush)

Tim Jennings (+1.2 overall, +1.0 pass coverage)

Worst Bears D:

N/A

Nobody had a meaningfully below 0 grade. Let that soak in for a second...

Bears team O ranks 5th in NFL in cumulative grade. Cleveland (!!) is number 1, on the strength of fantastic line play. Bears D is 13th. Bears ST ranks 31st, edging out Lovie's Bucs

I dont remember Holmes penalty, was it a false start? hold?

And Ola, which position was he playing on the line? Curious where they rotated him, he has been jack of all trades