2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 06:03 PM)
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1h 1 hour ago

Wow. Big-time hire RT @ChicagoBears: #Bears have hired Stan Drayton as running backs coach; Helped Buckeyes win national title in '14.

I only know him as a good recruiter but he's clearly had good success with RBs

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
I only know him as a good recruiter but he's clearly had good success with RBs

Regardless, the Bears staff looks to be pretty damn solid and experienced.

Btw, John Hoke (former Bears DB coach) is now the DC at South Carolina

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 5, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
Yeah pretty clever waiting until after signing day. Obviously not a coincidence.

Happens all the time.

Drayton used to be at Tennessee. I liked him a lot but unfortunately for him, he joined the staff the year Fulmer got fired.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
We've gone through this before, Mike Glennon may suck, but it still makes no sense that was McCown was the starter all year when healthy.

Maybe the Bucs were hiding Glennon in hopes of trading him for a late round pick? Probably not going to happen now that he's been traded unless the no other team is interested in McCown and they sign him for a much cheaper deal and then flip Glennon.

So the Browns are supposedly releasing a new logo and jersey next week. The logo will NOT be going on the helmet, but will be used to represent the team instead of the plain brown helmet going forward. Unfortunately, reports suggest that Brownie the elf will have nothing to do with this new logo.

And in other news, the Colts are probably going to try and void Trent Richardson's contract because he forgot to call the team while he was in the hospital dealing with potentially life threatening complications to his girlfriend and unborn child.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 18, 2015 -> 08:44 AM)
So basically the idea was "let's make the logo as big as the helmet itself"

Pretty much, with some snazzy background effects. I kind of liked the Steelers, and even though it wasnt much of a change i also liked the Colts

Fox just talked at the combine, a few key points

He confirmed that they will run predominantly out of the 3-4

He made absolutely no committment to Cutler, all he would say is that he met with him(and that he met with many players)

Confirmed interest in McCown