Indians @ White Sox Game Thread 5/26

glangon

Too bad the ump misses calls at the plate and we can do nothing about it and now they make a bad call in our favor and we get screwed by replay.

The ball beat the runner which USED TO BE an automatic out.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2014 -> 03:10 PM)
Too bad Sierra can't hit. Not many guys can make it close there. What an arm.

He's hitting .297 with the Sox. He was just terrible with the Blue Jays early in the year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Did he softly touch him on the slide for the out and then went for the knee? It looked like he might have brushed the jersey initially.

That's what I was thinking too. It kind of looked like it, but couldn't really tell.

He was safe but I always wonder why the guy covering 2nd on that type of play doesn't catch the ball on the outfield side of 2nd base. He'd get the throw and the throw's natural momentum will allow the tag to be apllied a split 2nd sooner tagging the sliding runner on his right side rather than his left.

Wow they called him out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 26, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Did he softly touch him on the slide for the out and then went for the knee? It looked like he might have brushed the jersey initially.

That's probably what made the replay inconclusive.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 26, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
Which is still much better than DeAza this year.

If Avi was healthy it is a no brainer Sierra over De Aza ..............De Aza is one lucky SOB to have a job right now.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 26, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
He's poor on defense and a bad baserunner.

He hasn't played poorly on defense this year. At least UZR doesn't think so (small sample I know) and he has made a couple of nice plays (I was there for the diving catch in Houston).

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 26, 2014 -> 09:14 PM)
Q gutted out 6 innings.

Q, Sale and Danks (of the last outing) all seem to have a plan on the mound. Crazy that we have 3 good lefty starters and only one horrible lefty in bullpen.