Bulls make offer for KLove

http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/report-bul...lves-kevin-love

According to Jackie MacMullan of ESPNBoston.com, the Bulls have submitted an offer to the Timberwolves for Love:

The Timberwolves privately maintain they already have fielded better offers from other teams, among them the Chicago Bulls, who can offer draft picks and some combination of Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson along with Carlos Boozer, whose bloated $16.8 million contract expires next summer and represents the kind of cap space rebuilding teams crave.

The Bulls have plenty of assets to use in a trade for a marquee player this summer, including Butler, Gibson, Boozer's expiring contract, the rights to Nikola Mirotic, the No. 16 and No. 19 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft and a Top 10 protected pick from the Sacramento Kings between 2015-2017.

Despite the combination of players/picks the Bulls have to offer in any deal, the competition to acquire Love's services will be stiff.

The Houston Rockets, Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers have all expressed interest in Love.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already mapped out all possibilities:

Warriors trade Harrison Barnes and 2 future #1s for Kevin Love

Celtics trade Phil Pressey and Brandon Bass, 2 future #1s for Kevin Love

Lakers ask for Kevin Love and receive him

Nick Friedell interviews Gar Forman after: "We like our team."

Nick Friedell: But who would we trade for!

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
I've already mapped out all possibilities:

Warriors trade Harrison Barnes and 2 future #1s for Kevin Love

Celtics trade Phil Pressey and Brandon Bass, 2 future #1s for Kevin Love

Lakers ask for Kevin Love and receive him

Nick Friedell interviews Gar Forman after: "We like our team."

Nick Friedell: But who would we trade for!

Celtics have 4 Number 1's in next two years so they will probably offer 1 each year and Green and/or Sullinger and Bogens. Bogens is cap clearance.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 7, 2014 -> 12:58 PM)
Celtics have 4 Number 1's in next two years so they will probably offer 1 each year and Green and/or Sullinger and Bogens. Bogens is cap clearance.

Love will have to say he wants to resign there for it to really work.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 12:57 AM)
Flip Saunders not exactly saying the right things to keep Love around. "He has no right to be frustrated"....Not something I'd publicly say if you're trying to keep your star player around.

Love is out of there. I heard yesterday, probably by the end of draft night.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 06:58 AM)
Love is out of there. I heard yesterday, probably by the end of draft night.

I tend to agree.

It'd probably never happen, but would anyone be against trading Noah for Love?

I've had this "off the wall" crazy talk offseason plan brewing in my head and just waiting to throw out there to get bashed.....Since no one cares about this thread I'll have at it....

Noah/Mirotic/Dunleavy For Love/Dieng....This seems like a lot, but I think it's gonna take a lot to get Love, and I love Dieng. Not giving up any picks is a plus as well.

Taj to the Bobcats/Hornets for the #9 pick. Throw in a future 1st if need be. With Love here the need for Taj is lessened and clearing the money sets up the Bulls to add another star I THINK. Hornets need a PF and there's not gonna be a better one available at 9.

Amnesty Boozer.

Love is set to make 15M this year and has a player option for 16M the following year. He wants to play with Rose so I think he picks that player option up. So for 2014/15 after the trades and amnesty the Bulls would have ~23M.

If Melo isn't lying about willing to take less money to play for a title contender then maybe they can sign him for ~18M. That leaves them ~5M for all the rookies. Pick 9/16/19 will cost a little over 4.6.

Draft Lavine at 9, he's versatile enough to play both PG and SG. Draft Payne at 16, backs up Love, and might be able to handle some centers in the NBA. Draft Jusif Nurkic at 19, he backs up Dieng and offers some intriguing upside. The lastly take DeAndre Kane at 49.

Roster sets up as

Rose/Lavine/Kane

Butler/Lavine/Snell

Melo/Snell/Brewer

Love/Payne/Smith

Dieng/Nurkic

BOOM. TITLES.

Never gonna happen but my god would it be awesome to see.

Commence with "The awful Bulls FO would never do this" "Jo is too valuable" or que Zoom to tell me it wouldn't work financially.....Or just ignore it like the rest of this thread. Just wasting some time so it's all good.

Edited by scs787

I don't think significantly downgrading our C position to significantly upgrade our PF is what anyone on bulls would be looking for.

We'd also be the first team to ever give up that much for a superstar.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
I don't think significantly downgrading our C position to significantly upgrade our PF is what anyone on bulls would be looking for.

We'd also be the first team to ever give up that much for a superstar.

But the move also allows them to add another star. I admit it's a bit off the wall and something they'd never do, but it's all for funsies. Rose/Love/Melo AND picks IMO would be wayy better than Rose/Love/Noah and no picks.

Latest I've heard about offers for Love is that the best offer has been Goran Dragic, 2 1st rounders, and cap filler. IMO in order to top that the Bulls would have to throw Noah out there.

Now if Love came out said he didn't wanna play for the Suns then that changes things a bit.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
Oh, missed Melo. Yeah that's somethin.

Melo, Love and DRose on the floor at the same time would make for some Paul Westhead type scores. The Bulls would put up 125 with regularity. They probably would give up 125 with regularity as well.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Melo, Love and DRose on the floor at the same time would make for some Paul Westhead type scores. The Bulls would put up 125 with regularity. They probably would give up 125 with regularity as well.

Right, I feel like that's the Houston Rockets.

To be honest, I think a lineup of Rose-Butler-Dunleavy-Love-Noah would probably be a better team than that rose - melo - love lineup.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)
Right, I feel like that's the Houston Rockets.

To be honest, I think a lineup of Rose-Butler-Dunleavy-Love-Noah would probably be a better team than that rose - melo - love lineup.

Meh, I know the scenario I threw out there would never happen, but I can't see how that would be better. Don't sleep on the Gorgui Dieng part of the Love trade, I think that kid will be pretty damn good. I also wouldn't be surprised if under Thibs Melo becomes a solid defender.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
But you are basically replacing every defender on the bulls. That's a lot of work to get them to play D together in Thibs system.

I'm swapping Noah for Dieng, there's a drop off there but it isn't huge.

Dunleavy for Melo, I don't even remember if Dunleavy was any good defensively.

Love for Boozer is probably a push if not a slight advantage to Love.

Taj for Payne, I've read mixed reviews on Paynes D.

We've seen guys like Nate Robinson and Kyle Korver come in here and play capable D. I think they'd be fine.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 05:14 PM)
I'm swapping Noah for Dieng, there's a drop off there but it isn't huge.

Dunleavy for Melo, I don't even remember if Dunleavy was any good defensively.

Love for Boozer is probably a push if not a slight advantage to Love.

Taj for Payne, I've read mixed reviews on Paynes D.

We've seen guys like Nate Robinson and Kyle Korver come in here and play capable D. I think they'd be fine.

Wait, what?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
Wait, what?

He's talking D.

KC Johnson's article was predictably hilarious. Bulls are scared off by Love's contract and are secretly hoping to sign Carmelo to a $4 million dollar deal, that's probably if they have money after signing Kirk to an $8 mill deal.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 9, 2014 -> 06:28 PM)
Minnesota would never trade Love for Noah because Noah would never stay there. now is the time that I would sell high on Joakim though. He is a free agent again in 2016 and will cost a hell of a lot more than he's worth.

FWIW he'd be playing with Corey Brewer, his former college teammate and good friend, so there's that.