Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

Bickell wearing an extra Raanta sweater at practice today.

B_g0W5vW8AA85ld.jpg

Joel Quenneville urging #Blackhawks to "get pissed off" during practice.

Quenneville is fired up for practice today and is letting his players know about it as only Quenneville can.

Q trying to light a fire under the #Blackhawks' *****

Q starts a 2-on-2 drill by raising his voice, "Let's get (bleepin' bleeped off) around here!" (He didn't say bleeped tho). #Blackhawks

Sounds like a fun practice.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 7, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
Teravainen was on second line and PP unit as well. Wonder if someone in the higher ups talked to Q about that.

Bickell to be a healthy scratch tonight. Never pay a player fur one good month.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
This team has held it's own very nicely without Kaner. Would be huge if they could stay alive in the playoffs long enough for his return. Target return still the Cup Finals?

I think the 12 week projection has always been a return during the conference finals.

Crawford has been the MVP of this recent hot streak, although he's no Hamburglar, 11-0-1 now to start his career.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 17, 2015 -> 11:36 PM)
This team has held it's own very nicely without Kaner. Would be huge if they could stay alive in the playoffs long enough for his return. Target return still the Cup Finals?

Defense has been much better. Not certian if it is an unintended consequence or just a coincidence.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 12:12 PM)
Defense has been much better. Not certian if it is an unintended consequence or just a coincidence.

It really has been. Shutting down that 5 minute PK last night while only giving up one shot was a thing of beauty.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 12:17 PM)
It really has been. Shutting down that 5 minute PK last night while only giving up one shot was a thing of beauty.

The Isles had more shots during the Hawks power play than they did on their own 5 minute PP.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 10:53 PM)
Versteeg possibly getting the Bickell treatment. Never trade for a guy that is the lesser version of one of your current players.

He played last night, but a healthy scratch tonight with Nordstrom back from suspension. Darling in net.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 06:59 PM)
Captain Serious strikes again

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 32m32 minutes ago

Jonathan Toews on playing well with Patrick Kane out: "Getting a break from that guy is just a weight off your shoulders." #Blackhawks

i like it, a friendly jab at a friend.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
It drives me crazy that the Stars played the Blackhawks so well yet are still pretty much out of it.

Yeah.. I'm a Stars fan. Congrats, you have met one.

I was a Hawks and a Stars fan as a kid, stemming from my love for the Cowboys. Mike Modano and Joe Nieuwendyk were two of my favorites. Oh, and Jamie Langenbrunner, and Sergei Zubov

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)
Duncan Keith having a horrendous game. Is already a -3 in the first period. None of the goals on Crawford as he is pulled. Hawks down 4-2 in the first.

Are you high? 3 goals right under his glove including a straight at him 60 footer. Terribly soft goals.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Are you high? 3 goals right under his glove including a straight at him 60 footer. Terribly soft goals.

One was deflected from about 10 feet out, and two of them were off breakaways.

The 60 footer was on him though.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 10:35 PM)
One was deflected from about 10 feet out, and two of them were off breakaways.

The 60 footer was on him though.

The first one was a breakaway but it was a s*** shot at his glove, the deflection was also at his glove. Not surprisingly the 3rd goal was a 60 footer at his glove. The fourth he got faked out of his pads and they went glove side again. He was awful.