Jays vs Sox

GGajewski18

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 08:35 PM)
After looking at the replay again on Flowers, the right call was made that he was out. However, it's cause he swung at the pitch, and not cause it hit his bat.

They said it hit his bat he didnt swing it hit him.

Edited by peavy44

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
What he say?

"I understand my old buddy Matt Abbatacola just ripped me apart yesterday, calling me names, calling me sexist. Friend of mine -- I didn't know Matt was still in town. I thought he was either fired, or quit and went some place else. I think he's just mad cause I don't use his name anymore. [About a minute later, sarcastically] Yeah, that really hurts, almost broke my heart. But I guess I'll have to live with it."

Edited by farmteam

After looking at the replay again on Flowers, the right call was made that he was out. However, it's cause he swung at the pitch, and not cause it hit his bat.

That is irrelevant though, they didn't ask the first base umpire if he went and that is not reviewable. The review was if he was hit or not, and he clearly was

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 02:45 AM)
That is irrelevant though, they didn't ask the first base umpire if he went and that is not reviewable. The review was if he was hit or not, and he clearly was

I absolutely agree with you it's a ridiculous call.

They didn't call it a swing. They called it a foul tip. You can't review a "swing". That is umpire discression.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 03:09 AM)
They didn't call it a swing. They called it a foul tip. You can't review a "swing". That is umpire discression.

I think I better clarified my opinion after that initial post, as I questioned if it might have impacted the decision by the review ump even though he's technically not supposed to take that into consideration.