Arizona Fall League - 7 Sox prospects

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
It's hard to look for growth in a sample size such as this in the area of fielding in that short of a time frame. Something like that will take about a year to see.

yup you are right.

I hate to say this, I just like or need more info. for me, it like reading a book

and it stops in the middle. with more chapters slowing coming in.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
yup you are right.

I hate to say this, I just like or need more info. for me, it like reading a book

and it stops in the middle. with more chapters slowing coming in.

What do you mean? He's a freaking shortstop. FCS. Jeez!

QUOTE (oldsox @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 01:58 AM)
What do you mean? He's a freaking shortstop. FCS. Jeez!

what is your problem are you Constipated or what.

he is young and still learning the position. he is going to an outstanding

hitter and his defense is weak. can he improve his "D" to stay at SS

is the question. so I am guilty of wanting him to improve fast, I would

love to see him playing in the majors.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 09:20 PM)

LDF, there's nothing wrong with being excited or even geeked over a kickass prospect like Anderson so go on with your bad self! Its not wrong...

As we have been alluding to, we don't know yet. It seems he will, but until he plays more, we simply won't know because we absolutely can't know. He does have the tools to do so.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
As we have been alluding to, we don't know yet. It seems he will, but until he plays more, we simply won't know because we absolutely can't know. He does have the tools to do so.

don't get me wrong, on his "D" I am very guilty of wanting to see improvement

fast. I know that, I just can't help it that I am obsessed with numbers, continuing

new numbers.

ugh....everything is life is soooo slow.

Edited by LDF

I don't know how many times posts have been made about guys who absolutely sucked in the minors when it came to error totals, but ended up being damned good major league SS's.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 02:30 PM)
I don't know how many times posts have been made about guys who absolutely sucked in the minors when it came to error totals, but ended up being damned good major league SS's.

don't get me wrong, I see Anderson as the heir at the SS position. I can

even deal with his errors if he doesn't improve. I am in the hoping that

he will get better.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 09:59 AM)
don't get me wrong, I see Anderson as the heir at the SS position. I can

even deal with his errors if he doesn't improve. I am in the hoping that

he will get better.

I am wondering at this point if Anderson will be the key piece in a Sox deal this off-season. RH has done a nice job of amassing some assets and he will start cashing some in to improve the ML roster at some point. Just idle speculation on my part, but I believe that will be the first name brought up in trade talks when the Sox look to upgrade their lineup.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
I am wondering at this point if Anderson will be the key piece in a Sox deal this off-season. RH has done a nice job of amassing some assets and he will start cashing some in to improve the ML roster at some point. Just idle speculation on my part, but I believe that will be the first name brought up in trade talks when the Sox look to upgrade their lineup.

The problem with dealing him is that he's at about the perfect path to think he could take over from Alexei after 2016 when the missile hits FA. Maybe we could put our spectacular defensive Rondon on that path but it is nice having Anderson sitting there as an obvious heir-apparent.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
I am wondering at this point if Anderson will be the key piece in a Sox deal this off-season.

RH has done a nice job of amassing some assets and he will start cashing some in to

improve the ML roster at some point. Just idle speculation on my part, but I believe

that will be the first name brought up in trade talks when the Sox look to upgrade their lineup.

I believe him and some of the young pitchers.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
The problem with dealing him is that he's at about the perfect path to think he could take over from Alexei after 2016 when the missile hits FA. Maybe we could put our spectacular defensive Rondon on that path but it is nice having Anderson sitting there as an obvious heir-apparent.

yeah and somewhere I read that someone mention that sox was thinking

of extending The Missle (I like the name) 2 more yrs esp if the sox sign

another Cuban player. trading Conor and putting Anderson at 3b.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 11:38 AM)
yeah and somewhere I read that someone mention that sox was thinking

of extending The Missle (I like the name) 2 more yrs esp if the sox sign

another Cuban player. trading Conor and putting Anderson at 3b.

Alexei's under contract until he's 34. I wouldn't be surprised if he hung around after that, but it'll be on shorter term deals and maybe not with the white sox.

I certainly wouldn't want to be forced to sign Alexei to a multi year deal right after he turns 35 because we didn't have any other SS options.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
Alexei's under contract until he's 34. I wouldn't be surprised if he hung around after that, but it'll be on shorter term deals and maybe not with the white sox.

I certainly wouldn't want to be forced to sign Alexei to a multi year deal right after he turns 35 because we didn't have any other SS options.

I was excited as crap when I read the article. I was trying to read between the lines and how

that reporter was mentioning that IF the sox signed another Cuban this summer, they

might think of extending him. something was else mention on how the sox wanted the environment

to be really in favor with all players esp the Cubans.

disclosure>>>>> I may have embellish the 2nd some of that. I can't exactly remember how

that was written.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 10:21 AM)

I agree, but it also gives you two years to come up with an alternative solution as well. If the Sox go after someone like Oscar Taveras this offseason - who is reportedly in Mike Matheny's doghouse - than Anderson would likely need to be included in the deal. In the mean time you can keep Sanchez at AAA playing short and deal for or draft another SS.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 09:11 PM)
I agree, but it also gives you two years to come up with an alternative solution as well.

If the Sox go after someone like Oscar Taveras this offseason - who is reportedly in Mike Matheny's doghouse -

than Anderson would likely need to be included in the deal. In the mean time you can keep Sanchez at AAA playing short and deal for or draft another SS.

nah... as much as I like trading players. for me, Anderson is as close to handoff. Same with Montas

and Adams.

I didn't know about Taveras being in the dog house. what happen.

the natural progression of the SS prospects and The Missle is too good to be true with

ref to time.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
I agree, but it also gives you two years to come up with an alternative solution as well. If the Sox go after someone like Oscar Taveras this offseason - who is reportedly in Mike Matheny's doghouse - than Anderson would likely need to be included in the deal. In the mean time you can keep Sanchez at AAA playing short and deal for or draft another SS.

If you're filling up a position where we have a hole with a long term, cost controlled talent, that'd be a move I could get behind.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
If you're filling up a position where we have a hole with a long term, cost controlled talent, that'd be a move I could get behind.

Except Taveras isn't like Quentin, he hasn't proven to be that productive at the major league level when healthy...at least not yet.

I have SOME faith in Steverson now, but our track record with non-veteran hitters has been pretty abysmal recently, other than Abreu and Alexei, who weren't developed internally.

Sure, Taveras supposedly has even more TALENT than Avisail, but who's to say Anderson isn't going to be the much better player when all is said and done? It's always going to be easier to find outfielders than middle infielders (especially SS), and there are a lot of flaws from what we saw out of this kid when he was with the Cardinals. It's not a mistake that he was stuck behind Grichuk down the stretch.

OSCAR TAVERAS: He did fine with his increased playing time after the Craig trade, building a seven-game hitting streak in early August and enjoying a 12-for-31 surge later in the month. He has hit .273 since the All-Star break, .324 since Aug. 15 and .400 thus far in September to quell fears about his swing length and bat speed.

Taveras turned 22 this summer, so he is just hinting at his long-term potential. Physical maturity, improved offseason training and regular at bats in 2015 should help him blossom as a run producer. stltoday.com/sports (Gordon)

In the end, the Cards are going to end up playing Holliday, Taveras and Grichuk, with Jay (despite his hot post-season) and Bourjos jettisoned. Or they might keep Jay, but all indications are that Taveras is still in their long-term plans, and big-time.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 10:43 PM)
Except Taveras isn't like Quentin, he hasn't proven to be that productive at the major league level when healthy...at least not yet.

I have SOME faith in Steverson now, but our track record with non-veteran hitters has been pretty abysmal recently, other than Abreu and Alexei, who weren't developed internally.

Sure, Taveras supposedly has even more TALENT than Avisail, but who's to say Anderson isn't going to be the much better player when all is said and done? It's always going to be easier to find outfielders than middle infielders (especially SS), and there are a lot of flaws from what we saw out of this kid when he was with the Cardinals. It's not a mistake that he was stuck behind Grichuk down the stretch.

OSCAR TAVERAS: He did fine with his increased playing time after the Craig trade, building a seven-game hitting streak in early August and enjoying a 12-for-31 surge later in the month. He has hit .273 since the All-Star break, .324 since Aug. 15 and .400 thus far in September to quell fears about his swing length and bat speed.

Taveras turned 22 this summer, so he is just hinting at his long-term potential. Physical maturity, improved offseason training and regular at bats in 2015 should help him blossom as a run producer. stltoday.com/sports (Gordon)

In the end, the Cards are going to end up playing Holliday, Taveras and Grichuk, with Jay (despite his hot post-season) and Bourjos jettisoned. Or they might keep Jay, but all indications are that Taveras is still in their long-term plans, and big-time.

I can't believe it ..... you actually wrote something that I like.

I have been thinking, the thing I saw in Anderson is a young Ernie Banks. SS. I know this

may be a pipedream but what the hell. it is my opinion.

Yea, let's trade our top 2 or 3 prospects. That practice has served us so well. Maybe we can get another Swisher for two them. Or maybe an Edwin Jackson!!

Build an organization, please.

If St Louis is pushing Taveras out, then get him at a bargain price.

Edited by GreenSox