**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
Tyrion definitely owned the dagger at some point. I'm fairly certain that's true in both the shows and the books. LF uses that info to create chaos in both universes because it sets Cat on a path that leads to her kidnapping Tyrion and the chaos that ensues. In the books, LF is just taking advantage of an opportunity. In the show? Who knows at this point.

Yeah, that's the big problem - the show has done a poor job with LF. For 2 seasons he's been sitting on the sidelines, literally just roaming the halls. His last "bad" act was sending Sansa to Ramsey, but he also saved Sansa/Jon/the North, so isn't that kind of a wash? Other than potentially starting the whole war, has he really done anything "bad" to the Starks, the only real "good guys" in the show? You can't really blame him for Ned's death when he tried to help Ned and Ned was just an idiot and wouldn't take his advice.

I had a thought that maybe Arya was going to kill LF and then use LF's face to kill Cersei, but that would feel hollow. I just don't feel much for/against LF at this point. He's a secondary character. If he gets killed, I don't think it's going to be some huge moment. They need to either build him back up or back down. Pick a lane. Right now he's just "there."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
Yeah, that's the big problem - the show has done a poor job with LF. For 2 seasons he's been sitting on the sidelines, literally just roaming the halls. His last "bad" act was sending Sansa to Ramsey, but he also saved Sansa/Jon/the North, so isn't that kind of a wash? Other than potentially starting the whole war, has he really done anything "bad" to the Starks, the only real "good guys" in the show? You can't really blame him for Ned's death when he tried to help Ned and Ned was just an idiot and wouldn't take his advice.

I had a thought that maybe Arya was going to kill LF and then use LF's face to kill Cersei, but that would feel hollow. I just don't feel much for/against LF at this point. He's a secondary character. If he gets killed, I don't think it's going to be some huge moment. They need to either build him back up or back down. Pick a lane. Right now he's just "there."

Is this is a serious post? :lol: :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 01:40 PM)
Lol, did he do anything bad to the Starks beside setting off the event that got Neds head chopped off? I dunno

He's an opportunist. Not sure he's a truly evil guy in this world where there are very few right/moral people.

And i'm just saying, from a story telling perspective, it's been a LONG time since LF did anything truly awful. He's been pushed aside for a while now. His last major act was saving the good guys.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 01:52 PM)
He's been behind the death of Ned, Cat and Rickon along with Sansa's rape, but you know, has he really done anything to the Starks? :lolhitting

He tried to help Ned but Ned wouldn't listen and got himself killed. LF just stuck with the winning side there. I'm not sure how he was responsible for Cat other than setting the wheels in motion of a conflict between 2 great houses (which actually started with Jaime/Cersei f***ing and getting caught by Bran....something he had nothing to do with).

How did he get Rickon killed? Are we to believe he was behind Theon's coup?

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 01:54 PM)
He's an opportunist. Not sure he's a truly evil guy in this world where there are very few right/moral people.

And i'm just saying, from a story telling perspective, it's been a LONG time since LF did anything truly awful. He's been pushed aside for a while now. His last major act was saving the good guys.

i never said he was evil nor did i say anyone else was right/moral. You asked if he did anything that bad to the starks. Him being an opportunist doesnt change the fact that he basically got Ned killed. Which was bad for the Starks

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 01:58 PM)
He tried to help Ned but Ned wouldn't listen and got himself killed. LF just stuck with the winning side there. I'm not sure how he was responsible for Cat other than setting the wheels in motion of a conflict between 2 great houses (which actually started with Jaime/Cersei f***ing and getting caught by Bran....something he had nothing to do with).

How did he get Rickon killed? Are we to believe he was behind Theon's coup?

Have you actually watched the show? Don't you remember when Littlefinger betrayed Ned via the fake coup? He basically got Ned killed. Maybe you're confusing him with Renly, who Ned didn't listen to.

Regardless, Littlefinger is a bad, bad dude. There is no gray with him other than his love/obsession for Catelyn & Sansa. I think you're taking your contrarian role a bit too far here.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)
We actually have no idea the extent to the role LF has played in everything the last many seasons. I do think the TV show is setting up Arya to kill LF when she hears from Bran something bad he did.

I'm getting the feeling Bran won't be a part of any of the Stark vendetta. He's no longer Bran Stark. He's no longer human really.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 01:54 PM)

I don't believe you're actually serious.

Bran is like a computer right now, and he's still processing the world torrent. I am a bit surprised he hasn't been offering more tidbits but I think that's just related to him trying to understand the info still.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
Bran is like a computer right now, and he's still processing the world torrent. I am a bit surprised he hasn't been offering more tidbits but I think that's just related to him trying to understand the info still.

No. He's the 3 Eyed Raven. He's not Bran Stark. Just like Bloodraven was no longer Brynden Rivers.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 02:13 PM)
Have you actually watched the show? Don't you remember when Littlefinger betrayed Ned via the fake coup? He basically got Ned killed. Maybe you're confusing him with Renly, who Ned didn't listen to.

Regardless, Littlefinger is a bad, bad dude. There is no gray with him other than his love/obsession for Catelyn & Sansa. I think you're taking your contrarian role a bit too far here.

My point here is it's been a long time since we've seen that. Unlike the other "bad" guys in the show - Cersei, Jaime, Euron - he hasn't done anything recently that would really make his death impactful. His role has been relegated ever since he left the Vale. If the plan is to eventually have Arya or Sansa get some revenge, they need to build him back up again. 1-2 sentences every few episodes isn't really enough.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 06:58 PM)
other than setting the wheels in motion of a conflict between 2 great houses (which actually started with Jaime/Cersei f***ing and getting caught by Bran....something he had nothing to do with).

LF's Stark-Lannister s*** stirring happened before Bran's fall. He persuaded Lysa Arryn to poison Ned's mentor Jon Arryn, and write a letter to Cat Stark blaming it on the Lannisters.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 02:47 PM)
LF's Stark-Lannister s*** stirring happened before Bran's fall. He persuaded Lysa Arryn to poison Ned's mentor Jon Arryn, and write a letter to Cat Stark blaming it on the Lannisters.

Good point, I forgot about that.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)
We actually have no idea the extent to the role LF has played in everything the last many seasons. I do think the TV show is setting up Arya to kill LF when she hears from Bran something bad he did.

LF is a great character (not in the sense that I like him) but in the sense that even him behind the scenes, you just have no idea what is going to happen. He is a total wildcard. For all we know, something is going to happen, and we are going to find out that he played everything perfect.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
If you're into spoilers go to IMDB and look at the cast list for the next episode :ph34r:

I am not going to look...but I must presume it is the return of Catelyn Stark as Lady Stoneheart. They certainly alluded to here last season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 08:07 PM)
I am not going to look...but I must presume it is the return of Catelyn Stark as Lady Stoneheart. They certainly alluded to here last season.

I'm not looking either, but I hope that isn't it.

Her main thing was getting vengeance against Freys and Boltons, who are both already wiped out. We've only got 9 episodes left, let's not waste time on that junk.