4/29: Sox vs Orioles, WPWR50, free MLB.com, 1PM

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 10:59 PM)
Not sure if it would have been a double play for sure but he should have gotten the guy out at 2nd for sure.

Terrible defense on the corners, lousy defense in the outfield. Yikes.

We all were pretty much in agreement this lineup would score a lot of runs and it's not been special.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the fangraphs WAR numbers, it's amazing this team has won as many games as they have. The Tigers/Royals/Cubs have higher rated players at pnearly every single position from the comparisons I looked at. Out of 188 qualified hitters, Alexei is 158th/Melky 160th/Avi 168th/Eaton 175th.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
I'd personal attack you right now if I could. I started the last game thread and we won.

That wasn't yours either ;)

Come at me bro! Your fault!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:05 PM)
Looking at the fangraphs WAR numbers, it's amazing this team has won as many games as they have. The Tigers/Royals/Cubs have higher rated players at pnearly every single position from the comparisons I looked at. Out of 188 qualified hitters, Alexei is 158th/Melky 160th/Avi 168th/Eaton 175th.

That is exactly why I am pretty optimistic. We are two games under .500 with the starting pitching not being together yet, and half of the line up hitting like Leury Garcia. Unless you expect these trends to continue, which I don't... #itgetsbetter

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 29, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
Morales

Kendrys, B.Butler, Aoki, Torii Hunter, Yasmani Tomas, Rios....maybe the top realistic options (obviously we weren't going to pay Hanley Ramirez).

Or going after Kemp/Ethier/Crawford...Jay Bruce, etc.

Coming off 2014, it was the perfect definition of "buy low" on Morales. He's been Crede/Uribe clutch so far for them this year.

And they've still managed to cover RF, mostly with P. Orlando...Dyson has been terrible at the plate.