There's no way Eaton should be leading off come tomorrow

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 7, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
Micah I assume will be hitting 1 or 2.

you got my head spinning, this game was being blamed on RV, so why should you start a thread on Eaton starting tomorrow, if it was RV fault.

So what are the options? Here are 3, none of which is ideal;

1) Switch places in the lineup with Micah. Now that Micah seems to be getting comfortable, he might be ready to assume the spot, he will ultimately occupy.

2) Bench Eaton and play Shuck. Micah would leadoff and Shuck would bat 9TH. The biggest problem with that option is Shuck's significantly inferior defense.

3) Bring up Trayce Thompson, in a month or so, if he's still hitting, He's probably still a long way from ready for the Majors, but he has shown big improvement.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:22 PM)
you got my head spinning, this game was being blamed on RV, so why should you start a thread on Eaton starting tomorrow, if it was RV fault.

I don't think people are blaming Robin for this loss but more of his poor bullpen control when we were only down 1 run to keep it closer. It was ultimately the hitter's fault for their poor hitting in yet another game.

Eaton is hitting so bad and not getting on base he should not be leading off at this point.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 7, 2015 -> 10:46 PM)
Have Micah leadoff and Eaton hit second. Thoughts?

the last time i was ranting on that, micah did lead off and well it wasn't pretty. i learn not to make a lineup suggestions of specif players. i bring bad luck. ;)

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 7, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
Have Micah leadoff and Eaton hit second. Thoughts?

Why?

The whole reason people want Eaton out of the leadoff spot is because he is getting on base and not hitting well. How is hitting 2nd going to solve that? He still gets the same number of ABs and is still in front of the guys that are suppose to drive him in. If you take Eaton out of the leadoff spot he should be hitting 8th or 9th so he isn't getting so many at bats

vs. RHP

1. Eaton

2. Ramirez

3. Abreu

4. Avi

5. Melky

6. LaRoche

7. Gillaspie

8. Flowers

9. Johnson

vs. LHP

1. Bonifacio

2. Ramirez

3. Abreu

4. Avi

5. Melky

6. Beckham

7. LaRoche

8. Flowers

9. Eaton/Johnson

These are my optimal line-ups to help this team get out of their funk right now. Lexi would be best served not having Flowers or Soto hitting behind him...

They've invested a significant amount of money (and value, in trade) into the Eaton acquisition.

The White Sox certainly not going to start Trayce Thompson or Shuck out there and abandon Eaton after just one month.

Heck, it took them from 2010-2014 just to abandon Gordon Beckham.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
I thought the Eaton contract extension was way too premature, and he's not doing anything to change my opinion.

I'd bet money that the extension is exctly why he is slumping. He is trying to do way too much with every single play. I don't remember him blowing a cutoff man at all last year. This year he is trying to throw out everyone. Same with most of his ABs. He is trying to be too perfect on his bunts, and hit everything as hard as he can. He needs to quit trying to earn his contract with each play.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:00 PM)
They've invested a significant amount of money (and value, in trade) into the Eaton acquisition.

The White Sox certainly not going to start Trayce Thompson or Shuck out there and abandon Eaton after just one month.

Heck, it took them from 2010-2014 just to abandon Gordon Beckham.

No, no they did not.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
No, no they did not.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30744/hector-santiago

Apparently we have fourth and fifth starters growing like trees in the minors.

Hector would have the best stats of any White Sox starter...as it stands, if you substituted Rodon and Santiago for Danks/Noesi, you'd have a much better starting rotation.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 8, 2015 -> 02:28 AM)
I thought the Eaton contract extension was way too premature, and he's not doing anything to change my opinion.

whether or not, on his contract being premature, it will get better.

soph jinx.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2015 -> 02:43 AM)
I'd bet money that the extension is exctly why he is slumping. He is trying to do way too much with every single play. I don't remember him blowing a cutoff man at all last year. This year he is trying to throw out everyone. Same with most of his ABs. He is trying to be too perfect on his bunts, and hit everything as hard as he can. He needs to quit trying to earn his contract with each play.

a voice of reasoning

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:55 PM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/30744/hector-santiago

Apparently we have fourth and fifth starters growing like trees in the minors.

Hector would have the best stats of any White Sox starter...as it stands, if you substituted Rodon and Santiago for Danks/Noesi, you'd have a much better starting rotation.

And then we would have a black hole in CF and in the leadoff spot again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)
And then we would have a black hole in CF and in the leadoff spot again.

Which further reinforces the failures of Jared Mitchell, K.Walker, Trayce Thompson, etc.

The only solution while waiting for Anderson/Hawkins is/was the free agency market and/or trading away assets like Peavy, Reed, Santiago or Samardzija.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 7, 2015 -> 10:37 PM)
I agree, once he starts relaxing more and having fun again.

I am not ready to give up on him, but his start to the season has been a total disaster. Eaton needs to turn it around very soon.

I don't think you want to add more pressure to Micah. Moving him into the lead off spot is equivalent to changing levels in the minors. If you believe in Eaton, you keep him in his spot. Numbers have a way if evening out. Don't touch Melky. He has the best bat control on the team. He's absolutely ideal for the 2 hole.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
Which further reinforces the failures of Jared Mitchell, K.Walker, Trayce Thompson, etc.

The only solution while waiting for Anderson/Hawkins is/was the free agency market and/or trading away assets like Peavy, Reed, Santiago or Samardzija.

Teams trade from their strengths. It is kind of a thing.