NCAA basketball 2015-16 thread

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
Sounds like Thorne might need surgery and will be out for the year. How snake bitten is this program?

Terrible news for Thorne and just bad luck for the program. Hopefully Thorne can get a 6th year waiver. Illinois has 1 scholarship left for 16, so hopefully he is granted a waiver.

Thorne/Morgan

Black/Finke/Williams

Hill/Jordan/Nichols/Austin

Nunn/Coleman-Lands

Abrams/Lucas/Tate

Pretty good depth.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 09:56 AM)
Terrible news for Thorne and just bad luck for the program. Hopefully Thorne can get a 6th year waiver. Illinois has 1 scholarship left for 16, so hopefully he is granted a waiver.

Thorne/Morgan

Black/Finke/Williams

Hill/Jordan/Nichols/Austin

Nunn/Coleman-Lands

Abrams/Lucas/Tate

Pretty good depth.

It would be awesome if he actually is out for the season to be able to come back next year, we'll see how long he actually is out but man that lineup is definitely a tourney team.

Note: not saying it's awesome that he's out, but this would be a great way to salvage a bad luck injury.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
We are one of the few big programs that flat out doesnt have much home court advantage. I want some of that good home cooking.

It's as quiet and cavernous as a NBA arena, I saw Illinois clinch a Big Ten title there back in college. Wow, that was 11 years ago.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
It's as quiet and cavernous as a NBA arena, I saw Illinois clinch a Big Ten title there back in college. Wow, that was 11 years ago.

The old arena was nice and loud, then they built VCF arena. It doesnt help the fans dont give a s*** about bball until football is over. A lady was knitting in the first row last night.

Starting to get concerned that Iowa State is showing a similar pattern to last year, in that they start games against lower opponents too slowly, only to finally pull away late. That's a dangerous M.O. that will eventually bite them in the ass. It appears it wasn't a Hoiberg thing, but about these players. North Dakota State and Illinois went the same way, and VA Tech was similar but they had their run late in the 1st half.

Maybe it's too early for that to be an issue, but I saw it a lot last year.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 11:37 AM)
Illinois vs Notre Dame tonight in the newly renovated State Farm Center. They are also honoring Lou Henson tonight. Big night for the Illini.

Super pumped, but I got night class :(

Sign the sign in sheet then sneak out.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
Making the trip down. Excited.

Let us know how it is on the inside. The pictures make it seem a lot less drab because of the lack of gray, but it kind of seems a little underwhelming to me. I'm hoping it looks better on TV.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
Let us know how it is on the inside. The pictures make it seem a lot less drab because of the lack of gray, but it kind of seems a little underwhelming to me. I'm hoping it looks better on TV.

Interesting. I was blown away by the pictures myself. But yeah pictures won't do it justice, good or bad, compared to tv, especially since we've yet to see it with people in it. Hope it's amazing.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 09:40 AM)
Starting to get concerned that Iowa State is showing a similar pattern to last year, in that they start games against lower opponents too slowly, only to finally pull away late. That's a dangerous M.O. that will eventually bite them in the ass. It appears it wasn't a Hoiberg thing, but about these players. North Dakota State and Illinois went the same way, and VA Tech was similar but they had their run late in the 1st half.

Maybe it's too early for that to be an issue, but I saw it a lot last year.

NDSU went on a big run when everyone thought Niang blew out his knee.

The team is still learning to play under Prohm as well. The defense is already miles ahead of last year.

Ken Pom efficiency ratings, while still early

Offense last year: 11

This year: 15

Defense last year: 71

This year: 22

They've been rusty on offense at times, but the defense has come miles already. They lose the Colorado game last year.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
Interesting. I was blown away by the pictures myself. But yeah pictures won't do it justice, good or bad, compared to tv, especially since we've yet to see it with people in it. Hope it's amazing.

I think it was the whole 2 year buildup of a renovation. I was expecting some amazing new venue or something, but at the end of the day it's still going to be the same building. I think getting the empty donor seats off of TV and replacing them with the students should make it look a thousand times better, though.