Gamethread: White Sox vs Pirates 7:10 PM CSN+

Kyyle23

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 06:14 PM)
Leadoff double lol

Who sacs bunt in the first inning vs an awful pitcher with the heart of the order coming up? Wow

An unselfish team that's clicking on all cylinders.

I think that's now outscored 57-19 in the first inning, and counting.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
Are the Pirates stealing signs or something? They are jumping all over our pitching like they know what's coming.

It's easy to see meatball floaters coming over the middle of the plate.

No stealing signs necessary.

John Danks

1. Not MLB stuff.

2. Not MLB control

3. do the math.

Pirates catcher Francisco Cervelli's 51 consecutive scoreless innings behind the plate is the longest scoreless streak in the big leagues since Baltimore’s Gus Triandos from June 23-29, 1957 (52.1 innings) (via Elias). Pittsburgh has jumped to a 3-0 lead over the White Sox in the first inning. Follow live

5m

52 INNINGS and counting. 1.3 to go.

You know things are going bad when Chris Denorfia's outproducing the entire White Sox team for an entire series in just 3 innings.

FYI, Sean Rodriguez's nickname is Serpico, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
Nice catch Polonco.

11 pitch inning, more than 1/2 of them to Abreu.

Polanco....Danks is absolutely DEALING this inning, haha.

And 18 different specialty beers and ciders are available tmrw for the "Cole Massacre," so there's that. Father and daughter Saturday, and Selfie Sunday/s to the first 500, weather permitting. Maybe they should just offer EVERY fan who comes a chance to take a selfie???

Poor Beckham. That's got to hurt the knees a bit. Misjudged where he was at on the field.

Edited by caulfield12

DJ chomping at the bit to suit up and face the low movement Locke fastball...definitely pitches backward, gets most of his K's with off-speed stuff.

Dead Team Walking.

1/3 more scoreless inning for Cervelli to best the Gus Triandos record.

Edited by caulfield12

I can't believe some of you guys are following this team day to day still. Kudos to you it's more than I can stomache. With every passing game you just have to wonder how long this coaching staff can hold on. I've very rarely seen such a dead team walking. I played on a few in college and let me tell you it's absolute misery coming to the park. Every guy on this team right isn't having any fun and that is not a recipe for success.

At least fire RV and give them someone new to interact with. I say it every f***ing post but seriously they have nothing to lose, it can't get worse.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)
I can't believe some of you guys are following this team day to day still. Kudos to you it's more than I can stomache. With every passing game you just have to wonder how long this coaching staff can hold on. I've very rarely seen such a dead team walking. I played on a few in college and let me tell you it's absolute misery coming to the park. Every guy on this team right isn't having any fun and that is not a recipe for success.

At least fire RV and give them someone new to interact with. I say it every f***ing post but seriously they have nothing to lose, it can't get worse.

Yeah this has to be rock bottom. The organization is in terrible shape right now.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:40 PM)
Amazing that Avi is in the low 270s now

That he's that high or that low?

He's been due for a prolongued slump for like 2.5 seasons now but he's always had the season end or a long injury that made sure the numbers wouldn't even out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2015 -> 08:43 PM)
Yeah this has to be rock bottom. The organization is in terrible shape right now.

Just having a new voice would be an improvement imo. You rarely want to change just for change's sake but I can say that when you're on a bad team you start to resent the guy in charge. Just a new voice will bring some energy. WIll it translate to more wins? Probably not, but again, there's nothing to lose. Try it.