Official Buyers Thread

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
Knowing KW, that would make him even more tempting...because he won't have to offer as much and the Padres wouldn't have much to gain with the compensation pick.

Not unlike bringing in Manny Ramirez in 2010.

In the end, CarGo is much more likely, but only if KW's controlling things and has convinced JR to move on from Avi Garcia, since we'd be stuck with his contract for two more seasons.

Considering some of the posts you made about guys KW would claim on waivers or certainly trade for, your "knowing KW" couldn't be further from the truth.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
Collin Whitchurch

‏@cowhitchurch

The Toronto Blue Jays have scored 175 more runs than the White Sox this season and are 0.5 games ahead of them in the Wild Card standings.

What an amazing stat.

That's what good pitching will do for you.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
Only deal I give up Anderson in is one for Puig, which wouldn't make sense from the Dodgers perspective since they have Seager.

Unless they'd prefer to play Seager at 3B....and obviously Rollins isn't the long-term answer, and they clearly aren't going to play Guerrero at SS or Arruebarrena. Guerrero's mostly been playing LF for the Dodgers.

However, the main reason they probably leave Seager at SS is because they already have Hector Olivera for 3B. Olivera's on the 7 Day DL at OKC.

Pirates with another chance to break the tie here in the top of the 8th.

Duensing has been really good recently.

FWIW, tmrw's Twins/Pirates game is an early start, Liriano vs. Erwin "Don't Call me Johan" Santana.

So the White Sox front office and team will have all the information they need before the evening game.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)
Has a team with a -50 rs/ra allowed differential ever made the playoffs?

Wonder what the biggest negative number for a wild card or playoff team is....

Not sure but I love the stat from the Royals 98 games last season and our 98 games this season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)

FWIW, tmrw's Twins/Pirates game is an early start, Liriano vs. Erwin "Don't Call me Johan" Santana.

So the White Sox front office and team will have all the information they need before the evening game.

I could just picture waking up to a big deal with us getting a bat.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)

Whoever this announcer with Blylevin is, sucks.

Three run triple by Polanco.

6-3 lead Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31,000 fans just went deathly silent.

7-3 now, runs scored with 2 outs.

Uh-oh, Twins mounting a big rally.

Back and forth.

Edited by caulfield12

Players I would want in order: Puig, Upton, CarGo.

Throwing a random question out there, if you go after Upton, why not try and get Ross in the package? I think I would give up some big prospects for that. And then a rotation of Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Ross, and Rodon the rest of the way would be insane with Danks being pushed into long relief.

I think the Sox are really chasing TOR and BALT. The Twins are going to fade. Their youngsters won't handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if HOU fades as well.

On ESPN Stark says teams say the White Sox have been tellimg teams they won't trade Shark if it makes them weaker this season.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)

Throwing a random question out there, if you go after Upton, why not try and get Ross in the package? I think I would give up some big prospects for that. And then a rotation of Sale, Samardzija, Quintana, Ross, and Rodon the rest of the way would be insane with Danks being pushed into long relief.

I wouldn't mind Cashner either.

Avi, Anderson, Montas, Danish, Adams, and someone else for Upton, Ross, and Cashner.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
I think the Sox are really chasing TOR and BALT. The Twins are going to fade. Their youngsters won't handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if HOU fades as well.

On ESPN Stark says teams say the White Sox have been tellimg teams they won't trade Shark if it makes them weaker this season.

I agree. Houston could very well fade. Minnesota will fade. TOR has the pressure to go get pitching and Baltimore will be there because of Buck and he usually has that team playing well.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:01 AM)

i agree on ross pickup.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
I wouldn't mind Cashner either.

Avi, Anderson, Montas, Danish, Adams, and someone else for Upton, Ross, and Cashner.

That's overboard, don't need that much.

I think Upton and Ross for Avi, Montas, Anderson, and Erik Johnson could be enough. Ross would give us insurance in case Samardzija doesn't resign. But if he does, this rotation is stacked for the next 5 years and still Fulmer to come up.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)

I think Upton and Ross for Avi, Montas, Anderson, and Erik Johnson could be enough. Ross would give us insurance in case Samardzija doesn't resign. But if he does, this rotation is stacked for the next 5 years and still Fulmer to come up.

If Anderson is in that deal you better have Upton wanting to resign.

I'd be fine with that if you exclude Anderson and replace him with Trey M/Adams

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
If Anderson is in that deal you better have Upton wanting to resign.

I'd be fine with that if you exclude Anderson and replace him with Trey M/Adams

Anderson in my deal essentially gets us Ross who replaces Danks in the rotation and is young, controllable, really cheap and insurance for next year in case Jeff walks.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:07 AM)

plus some really talented young 19-21 yr old prospects developing.