White Sox @ Angels 9:05 PM CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
He's a terrible bunter. But I really wish Robin used the double steal more. Avi is above average and Trayce has pretty good speed.

Avi has a pretty terrible record stealing bases, doesn't he?

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 09:32 PM)
Chris Sale likes to throw to him so Geo Soto's 1.4 war in limited time means nothing

Its a damn shame he can't call a game as good as Flowers. I still wonder if Flowers caught Shark if he suddenly bounces back.

I see no way Gordon Beckham will be in the big leagues next season. Which begs the question. Is he one of the most disappointing players in White Sox history if not baseball history? He was a can't miss prospect and just could never hit the ball consistently. He'll be remembered as a guy who got hot a handful of times in his career when he was simply remarkable but 85 percent of the time he reeked.

Do you all agree he's pretty much done? And will NOT be on a team next year?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Sox are gonna have to play great baseball to win a game this series. Angels have a good team and have to be incensed at their play on the road of late including in Chicago. In other words they want blood.

Which is why they got swept last time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
I see no way Gordon Beckham will be in the big leagues next season. Which begs the question. Is he one of the most disappointing players in White Sox history if not baseball history? He was a can't miss prospect and just could never hit the ball consistently. He'll be remembered as a guy who got hot a handful of times in his career when he was simply remarkable but 85 percent of the time he reeked.

Do you all agree he's pretty much done? And will NOT be on a team next year?

Dear lord the f***ing hyperbole in this post.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
Trayce looks so dangerous at the plate

With how short his swing is I have hope he is one of those guys that can hit better in the majors, considering pitchers are more around the zone. He seems to see breaking balls well and has a great eye in this brief exposure, just wish I could see him against a righty.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 02:46 AM)
Which is why they got swept last time.

Dear lord the f***ing hyperbole in this post.

I think you can make a case for Beckham being one of the most disappointing players in Sox history -- considering where he was drafted, what he has done and accomplishments of the teams he's been on. Sox have had a lot of busts, true, but he's right up there.