2016-2017 NFL Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Laurinaitis was PFF second worst graded ILB last year.

Cook hasn't caught a TD in 19 games.

Long hasn't been healthy in three years and is 30.

Big name players, but little production. I can see why the Rams cut them.

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites Feb 19

Former HS Teammate Pernell McPhee recruiting Janoris Jenkins to come join him in Chicago. Highly coveted FA. Needs right fit for success.

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 2h2 hours ago

Expect #Bears to make major FA push for 49ers Nose Tackle Ian Williams. Looking to shift Eddie Goldman to End in 3 man front.

Aaron Leming also mentions that S Tashaun Gipson could be an interesting player if the Bears choose to address S in free agency.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 19, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
Rappaport also reporting that the Bears are moving on from Marty. Again, I find this absolutely foolish. We have little talent and have a major need to infuse other positions, yet we are going to create another need. Unless we can get real value in trade, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Bears will get a 6th rounder for Bennett and it will be fine. They don't want to pay him and letting him play on a 1 year deal is a nightmare scenario. I don't necessarily agree with this stance but they don't think he loves football. They see the creative stuff as a distraction. I expect them to hit TE in free agency.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
Bears will get a 6th rounder for Bennett and it will be fine. They don't want to pay him and letting him play on a 1 year deal is a nightmare scenario. I don't necessarily agree with this stance but they don't think he loves football. They see the creative stuff as a distraction. I expect them to hit TE in free agency.

Why would letting him play on a 1 year contract be a nightmare? Most players ball out in their contract year.

I would prefer he stays, but there are some intriguing names out the at TE that would be cheaper. That said money shouldn't be an issue with all the cap they have.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Feb 23, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
Why would letting him play on a 1 year contract be a nightmare? Most players ball out in their contract year.

I would prefer he stays, but there are some intriguing names out the at TE that would be cheaper. That said money shouldn't be an issue with all the cap they have.

Because he'll be a pain in the ass and not show up for anything. He didn't do offseason stuff last year when he had 2 years left.

Interesting article from the former team dr of the Chargers on medical reports. I've been a big Smith supporter, but makes me lean more towards Jack than Smith. All of this, of course is from someone who has not yet looked at the medicals, but interesting perspective.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/monday...orters-sources/

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 09:02 AM)
@adamschefter

Bears are expected to retain WR Alshon Jeffery, either by signing him to long term deal or tagging him, per sources.

....says the guy who mused that the Bears would let him walk

:o

Shocking...

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
Supposedly Bears will be meeting with Alshon this week. Might even be today. I don't know if they are meeting with Alshon or Alshon's agent or both.

This is a whole lot of hilarious non-information. I love it.

There was interesting stuff in what Ryan Pace said today but it's stuff we already knew: Jeffery will be back via the tag or a long term deal, Long could play either RT or LT depending on personnel, They are trading Martellus Bennett, Jaylon Smith would be an option at 11, decided to move on from Forte regardless of price.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 08:31 AM)
There was interesting stuff in what Ryan Pace said today but it's stuff we already knew: Jeffery will be back via the tag or a long term deal, Long could play either RT or LT depending on personnel, They are trading Martellus Bennett, Jaylon Smith would be an option at 11, decided to move on from Forte regardless of price.

What did Pace say today?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 24, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
BREAKING NEWS: The Bears will either re-sign Alshon, franchise him, or let him go. They also will or will not meet with him at some point in the future to discuss these options.

And they either will or will not regret whichever move they so choose.