**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf is going on at HIAC with Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks.

That was too much of a play with Sasha getting injured.

Not a good way to get her over with anyone older than 13.

Was off to an amazing start, that made it average, now lets see how the finish is.

Sasha is just terrible.

Why? I particularly like her as a wrestler. I think she had some amazing athletic moves and had a fluid match. My only real marks against the match were:

1) The start of it, acting as if Sasha was unable to compete and then miraculously she is able to pull of the match.

2) The non-dramatic ending.

But both of these are booking problems, not Sasha problems.

Loved the match overall and though Sasha wrestled good.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 04:00 AM)
Why? I particularly like her as a wrestler. I think she had some amazing athletic moves and had a fluid match. My only real marks against the match were:

1) The start of it, acting as if Sasha was unable to compete and then miraculously she is able to pull of the match.

2) The non-dramatic ending.

But both of these are booking problems, not Sasha problems.

Loved the match overall and though Sasha wrestled good.

Terrible promos and too many botches. It's embarrassing this was the main event

I won't even argue that she's a bad promo as a face, cause she is. Calling her terrible is absolutely stupid. Like seriously stupid.

And the ME overall was very solid, the ending was pretty bad though.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 04:27 AM)
I won't even argue that she's a bad promo as a face, cause she is. Calling her terrible is absolutely stupid. Like seriously stupid.

And the ME overall was very solid, the ending was pretty bad though.

At least Jim Cornette agrees with me, and god knows he is mild-mannered

I don't think her promos are anywhere near bad! I think she has potential and has room to grow on her promos.

I do agree that her matches tend to have more botches than I like. But I can give her the benefit of the doubt here as her matches are usually entertaining and provide a lot of creativity.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)
At least Jim Cornette agrees with me, and god knows he is mild-mannered

Jim Cornette, while entertaining, is still living in the 80s.

Sasha needs to be a heel. I'm just not entertained by her the way she is now.

The main event was solid until that awkward table spot by Charlotte. Took the air out of it.

Edited by Brian

Didn't watch the main event last night since I was watching wo4ld series, but 100% with fathom here. Sasha is so so bad. She has absolutely 0 idea how to cut a face promo and it comes off as incredibly awkward. In the ring she has to be the most dangerous worker I've seen with WWE as of late and I really think she's going to end up seriously hurting someone.

It's hard to cut a face promo when your gimmick is "th boss". Agreed that she should turn heel. I also do not like that the Women's title has changed hand 4 times in the last 4 months.

EDIT: the rivalry was better when Becky was involved. Becky is good as face, Charlotte is a good heel, Sasha to me is a tweener.

Edited by 2005thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
It's hard to cut a face promo when your gimmick is "th boss". Agreed that she should turn heel. I also do not like that the Women's title has changed hand 4 times in the last 4 months.

The last title switch on Raw never should've happened. If Sasha was going to win it, it should've been last night. And that last title change is even more irrelevant now that Charlotte got it back. They are really getting behind this Charlotte PPV streak.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 06:51 AM)
Didn't watch the main event last night since I was watching wo4ld series, but 100% with fathom here. Sasha is so so bad. She has absolutely 0 idea how to cut a face promo and it comes off as incredibly awkward. In the ring she has to be the most dangerous worker I've seen with WWE as of late and I really think she's going to end up seriously hurting HERSELF.
Edited by Brian

I agree with the sentiments here. The booking has been awful. Title changing hands, Banks not winning it on PPV's, but instead on Raw.

The finish left me puzzled, why have Banks lose as the face in this monumental match in her home town? Why have her come in with the title? Such a long list of issues with the Raw booking team, has me confused.

Apparently, word has it that the outcome of that match was changed last minute by Vince to have Charlotte go over victorious and start a feud with Bayley sooner rather than later.

The woman's division literally has like 5 people on Raw. Charlotte / Banks / Bayley / Dana / the crazy big chick that dominates everything.

Kind of a joke that they cant seem to build up the mid/undercard. :(.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 09:55 PM)
And I was told zayn and Bayley were ok in their pushes...

People need to be patient with Sami and Bayley. I feel fans are behind them and will have their time. Especially Bayley. No reason to hot shot them.

Nia just looks reckless in there. I thought she killed Bayley with that Samoan Drop. Her leg drops and splashes look like trash.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 06:51 AM)
People need to be patient with Sami and Bayley. I feel fans are behind them and will have their time. Especially Bayley. No reason to hot shot them.

Nia just looks reckless in there. I thought she killed Bayley with that Samoan Drop. Her leg drops and splashes look like trash.

Hot shotting would be giving her the title with little to no build as a last minute decision. Not what I'm talking about at all. They are trying to book both of them like they "booked" Daniel Bryan (stumbled onto, actually, as the fans wouldn't let them bury the dude and they finally relented) but I don't see that working, DB was unique in many ways.

Bayley should not be in arm wrestling segments with Dana Brooke getting "boring" chants or having bad matches with Nia Jax

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
Hot shotting would be giving her the title with little to no build as a last minute decision. Not what I'm talking about at all. They are trying to book both of them like they "booked" Daniel Bryan (stumbled onto, actually, as the fans wouldn't let them bury the dude and they finally relented) but I don't see that working, DB was unique in many ways.

Bayley should not be in arm wrestling segments with Dana Brooke getting "boring" chants or having bad matches with Nia Jax

Can't argue with the last line. Although I blame a bad match on Nia. She couldn't even cover her right at the end. If she wasn't The Rock's cousin, she would be nowhere on TV or in the company.