AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Eaton and Melky hitting well. I can handle this type of Melky, the one with absolutely no power if he keeps finding holes. Team won't stay this hot, but it seems like a professional unit so far and we're playing the same game other teams are playing. MLB, not the bizarre brand of ball of the last 2 years or so under Robin.

To those who were in spring training ... is this just a coincidence or did we look much better in ST this year in terms of effort, drills, etc? I realize the Sox hit great in ST this year and the hitting has been just so/so. I'm talking fundamentals and looking like a real team. Was it a better spring or is the spring totally inconsequential comparing this year's start to last year's?

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 03:41 AM)
Great start by the Sox, if ever a team needed to come out of the gate strong it was this team.

i really had confidence in the pitching staff, at least the top 4. i was just a little worried with the hitting.

i knew the hitting would get better when the wx warms up.

either way, it is good to be a sox fan.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 03:46 AM)
Nice to see Eaton and Melky hitting well. I can handle this type of Melky, the one with absolutely no power if he keeps finding holes. Team won't stay this hot, but it seems like a professional unit so far and we're playing the same game other teams are playing. MLB, not the bizarre brand of ball of the last 2 years or so under Robin.

To those who were in spring training ... is this just a coincidence or did we look much better in ST this year in terms of effort, drills, etc? I realize the Sox hit great in ST this year and the hitting has been just so/so. I'm talking fundamentals and looking like a real team. Was it a better spring or is the spring totally inconsequential comparing this year's start to last year's?

ref to your first paragraph, when some key players will start to cool down, the others on the team will pick it up, this, as you said is a professional team and the players will find their niche.

second, except for sale and q, i was a little skeptical. i will admit it, i was feeling confidence in the group. even rodon i was concern. but it seem, at least for me, when the season started, a light switch was turned on.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 10:58 PM)
ref to your first paragraph, when some key players will start to cool down, the others on the team will pick it up, this, as you said is a professional team and the players will find their niche.

second, except for sale and q, i was a little skeptical. i will admit it, i was feeling confidence in the group. even rodon i was concern. but it seem, at least for me, when the season started, a light switch was turned on.

Exactly what LDF said in the 1st paragraph, were not exactly hot. Our pitching is, don't get me wrong, but our offense is below league average right now. I'm sure both we'll balance out and hopefully we continue to win more games.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Apr 14, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
Didn't he have a great start last year there except for giving up the homer to Asdrubal? Or was that a different year?

Oops, I was thinking of the start against Archer in Chicago when Sale gave up 7 runs, thought that was in Tampa.

I noticed Latos threw a lot more cutters yesterday. More than all other types of fastballs combined actually. I wonder if Coop is telling him to throw it more.

Given his low velocity right now, it's probably better to throw something with more movement on it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
I noticed Latos threw a lot more cutters yesterday. More than all other types of fastballs combined actually. I wonder if Coop is telling him to throw it more.

Given his low velocity right now, it's probably better to throw something with more movement on it.

what was latos profile like, meaning his type of pitches and the speed of his fastball before last yr???

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 15, 2016 -> 11:21 AM)

Everything he threw yesterday has decent movement.