white sox new commercials

Whisox05

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
Are you ready for baseball? Meet your new closer, @DRob30. http://t.co/ASawZD3Mxg #BaseballIsBack http://t.co/GozOYh1OqH

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/578921597723017216

there is also a Adam LaRoche video

Guess they are catering to the casual fans...

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
I feel like the Sox commercials and marketing have tailed off in quality over the past few years.

to the best of my memory, the best commercial they ever had was good guys wears black.

they have yet to ever get that creative since. but i left chi in 98. yous guys need to tell me if it has improved.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
I feel like the Sox commercials and marketing have tailed off in quality over the past few years.

Brooks Boyer, it would appear, is among the elite in Reinsdorf's Ring of Loyalty, as he can't even put something exciting and fresh around an awesome offseason.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
Brooks Boyer, it would appear, is among the elite in Reinsdorf's Ring of Loyalty, as he can't even put something exciting and fresh around an awesome offseason.

loyalty aside, then get another person and give him a different title. marketing, fresh new ideas to help sell the product. i guess that will never be the sox logo.

A few years back, they had been with a smaller agency. They did some more edgy stuff like Grinder Rules, then the South Side Board of Tourism. The Sox decided to go with a big name agency and went over to BBDO Chicago, one of the biggest.

At the time I was psyched because I thought it meant a bigger marketing budget. But honestly, I now wish they were back with the smaller, edgier firm. I liked those previous campaigns. Most of the last few years, the ads have just fallen flat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
The Sox have an ad agency.

Well, duh. But I would think that BB is architect of the team's marketing image, and approved this crap, or at least the general idea behind the campaign, at some point in the process. And he's likely instrumental in choosing the ad firm.

I'm already excited. It did nothing to make me more excited. It failed.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
If you have a better idea to draw in casual fans, you should give the new manager of fan engagement a call.

These ads suck. People are paid loads of money to make ads that don't suck. They had a ton of fan excitement and momentum to work with, and managed to make completely flaccid, too-serious, 30 second slices of boredom.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Mar 20, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
Brooks is not the guy writing the ads. They have an ad agency for that.

If you have a better idea to draw in casual fans, you should give the new manager of fan engagement a call.

why, it is their job to be creative, i am sure they are not doing this for free. if the quality is bad, get a nother agency or person.

Edited by LDF