Season Ticket Price Drop Per Online Invoice

Marty34

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 08:15 AM)
Hmmm... full season package only went down 2%. They seem to be targetting the smaller packages for some reason.

I'll bet there are two things at play. First full season ticketholders have to be the least likely to cancel. Second, the full season people probably already get the biggest discounts.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 08:15 AM)
Hmmm... full season package only went down 2%. They seem to be targetting the smaller packages for some reason.

It makes sense. In this economy, more people would be inclined to purchase smaller packages. With the decent drop in prices they could even sell more tickets and thereby retain and maybe expand the fanbase. Of course in a few months, depending on what happens with trades and whatnot, the fanbase may be vomiting in sheer horror of the upcoming season.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
Lower single game prices, please. Tiered pricing is ridic.

$77 a pop for general lower deck to see Boston is a travesty in this economy, especially when you're no longer offering

Considering that they couldn't even sell out the entire Boston, Yankees, or even Cubs series, I would think they realize prices may be a bit too high.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
A ticket rep called me yesterday about 27 game plans, weekend turns out to be a bit cheaper than weekday. Opening Day and two Cubs games are the reasons she gave me for this. Don't know if I'll have time to roll down there for that many games this year.

Some person from the White Sox keeps trying to get a hold of me. But he calls my parents house and I dont live there anymore. His name is Thomas Bassat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 08:18 AM)
I'll bet there are two things at play. First full season ticketholders have to be the least likely to cancel. Second, the full season people probably already get the biggest discounts.

Great point. You're not as dumb as Balta says

I have the weekday package and my price is about 12% cheaper than last year. I assume parking is included(because I had it last year) and that price isn't changing, so that would mean that my seats went down somewhere between 18 and 20%.

Does anyone know if they'd automatically include parking in the invoice if it was purchased the year prior?

When season price tickets drop, payroll always drops as well. I remember last year when the sox signed Dunn, my buddy who is a Sox account executive told me all season ticket prices when up by $4 a game. Now that season ticket prices drop I expect payroll to drop as well. It will be interested to see how much prices drop compared to how much payroll drops. I would consider the price correlation to be similar to gasoline, fast to go up, slow to come down. My guess, payroll decreased by 25%, ticket prices decreased 15%.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
Lower single game prices, please. Tiered pricing is ridic.

$77 a pop for general lower deck to see Boston is a travesty in this economy, especially when you're no longer offering

I have always agreed with this, why is any UD seat on a weekday every not discounted to get butts in the seats. Tue home game vs KC, OAK, CLE, even DET or TEX....sell 2 for 1 Upper Deck or half price or something. Last year when the team fell off or wasn't in it, just discount outfield seats or 2 for 1 them, get the seats filled. Its a fixed cost structure gets those butts in the seats damn it.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
When season price tickets drop, payroll always drops as well. I remember last year when the sox signed Dunn, my buddy who is a Sox account executive told me all season ticket prices when up by $4 a game. Now that season ticket prices drop I expect payroll to drop as well. It will be interested to see how much prices drop compared to how much payroll drops. I would consider the price correlation to be similar to gasoline, fast to go up, slow to come down. My guess, payroll decreased by 25%, ticket prices decreased 15%.

Fiirst... when have season ticket prices dropped, ever, in the past decade with the current upper management structure? And so how can you say "always"?

Second, there is almost no way payroll could decrease 25%. Look at the payroll resource Kalapse has, and tell me how you plan to accomplish that, even if you wanted to.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 08:15 AM)
Fiirst... when have season ticket prices dropped, ever, in the past decade with the current upper management structure? And so how can you say "always"?

Second, there is almost no way payroll could decrease 25%. Look at the payroll resource Kalapse has, and tell me how you plan to accomplish that, even if you wanted to.

2004 when the upper deck was re-mapped. when "upper box" seats in sec 520-506 and 542-558 were turned into upper reserved(upper box used to be every section's first 15 rows)

and last year, when the sox lowered prices in upper reserve.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
2004 when the upper deck was re-mapped. when "upper box" seats in sec 520-506 and 542-558 were turned into upper reserved(upper box used to be every section's first 15 rows)

and last year, when the sox lowered prices in upper reserve.

OK 2004 was a complete re-do on how the seating up there worked, so I am sure that had to happen. I had actually forgotten about the upper deck lop-off being that recent. But Sox payroll went UP from 2004 to 2005, not down.

Ticket prices went down last year? For season ticket holders? News to me, mine stayed the same and I thought others did too, but I could be wrong. Anyway, of course in 2011, the payroll was the highest ever. So again, up.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 21, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
OK 2004 was a complete re-do on how the seating up there worked, so I am sure that had to happen. I had actually forgotten about the upper deck lop-off being that recent. But Sox payroll went UP from 2004 to 2005, not down.

Ticket prices went down last year? For season ticket holders? News to me, mine stayed the same and I thought others did too, but I could be wrong. Anyway, of course in 2011, the payroll was the highest ever. So again, up.

UD Reserve tix went down. No other sections were affected.

I know because I bought a plan up there.