Dioner Navarro traded to Blue Jays

Kyyle23

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 06:22 PM)
We got nothing in trade; but we cleared room on the roster for other players to play, so that's something.

Nothing? Tell me what you know about Turner. He may be an improving young player like Saladino

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)
Nothing? Tell me what you know about Turner. He may be an improving young player like Saladino

He's 25 in AA. Let's not get carried away. He does throw left handed however so he may stick around.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 08:07 PM)
From the only scouting report I read he throws his fastball around 85mph, unless he has crazy deception or something I wouldn't expect much. He's also Rule 5 eligible.

But the fact we got anything for him is a small victory.

Well, he probably does have deception because Steve Stone just said he has a lot of strikeouts on his record.

According to the whitesox.com article (http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/197828950/white-sox-acquire-left-hander-colton-turner/)...

This year Turner has a 1.33 ERA over 54 innings with 70 strikeouts (averaging over 11 strikeouts per 9 innings) between class-a and AA for Toronto. He is 12-9 with a 2.76 ERA and 200 strikeouts in 107 games (16 starts) in the Blue Jays' system.

He also had a 5.23 ERA over 9 appearances in AAA.

Those seem like pretty solid numbers to me other than the AAA stint which might be of concern...

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 06:44 PM)
Well, he probably does have deception because Steve Stone just said he has a lot of strikeouts on his record.

According to the whitesox.com article (http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/197828950/white-sox-acquire-left-hander-colton-turner/)...

This year Turner has a 1.33 ERA over 54 innings with 70 strikeouts (averaging over 11 strikeouts per 9 innings) between class-a and AA for Toronto. He is 12-9 with a 2.76 ERA and 200 strikeouts in 107 games (16 starts) in the Blue Jays' system.

He also had a 5.23 ERA over 9 appearances in AAA.

Those seem like pretty solid numbers to me other than the AAA stint which might be of concern...

I know the k/9 was high in a-ball, but he's also 25. It's hard to know for sure.

And I think he's only made it to AA so far, which is where the struggles were.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 06:47 PM)
He's 25 in AA. Let's not get carried away. He does throw left handed however so he may stick around.

Am I getting carried away for thinking he may be a bit better than nothing? I wouldn't think that to be the case

I know the k/9 was high in a-ball, but he's also 25. It's hard to know for sure.

And I think he's only made it to AA so far, which is where the struggles were.

[/quot

I'm guess he will get a September call up and we can see what hes got. Maybe he has Mark Buehrle-esque stuff but with strikeouts

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 06:26 PM)

He's 25 and just out of A ball and rule 5 eligible.

Whiffed again...

How are those proven veterans working out?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 08:04 PM)
Am I getting carried away for thinking he may be a bit better than nothing? I wouldn't think that to be the case

There's a difference between saying "a bit better" and "improving" ala Saladino who was actually a decent prospect in the minors (and age appropriate at the time). Like I said though, anytime you throw left handed, you can always carve out a career. Hopefully this guy handles AAA well and goes from there.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 05:07 PM)
From the only scouting report I read he throws his fastball around 85mph, unless he has crazy deception or something I wouldn't expect much. He's also Rule 5 eligible.

But the fact we got anything for him is a small victory.

94-95 on the fastball. Try again.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 08:19 PM)
There's a difference between saying "a bit better" and "improving" ala Saladino who was actually a decent prospect in the minors (and age appropriate at the time). Like I said though, anytime you throw left handed, you can always carve out a career. Hopefully this guy handles AAA well and goes from there.

The "improving young player" line is Greensox line any time someone doubts the greatness that is Tyler Saladino.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
He's 25 and just out of A ball and rule 5 eligible.

Whiffed again...

How are those proven veterans working out?

About as well as your idea to trade Eaton for some lottery tickets. Turner is in his second year after tommy John and his numbers improved dramatically this season, but I don't imagine you bothered to look at that when you declared he was nothing

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
94-95 on the fastball. Try again.

I said from the one scouting report I read, which is this one:

http://www.bluejaysfromaway.com/lansing-le...outing-reports/

Don't really see why the attitude is necessary. If you've seen something different, post it. We're all going on speculation. That "try again" stuff is just childish.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)

Don't really see why the attitude is necessary. If you've seen something different, post it. We're all going on speculation. That "try again" stuff is just childish.

That article is from 2013, I bet it was right before he had his TJS

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)

Tone on the Internet is pretty difficult to understand. Your disdane is likely projection in this case. Sorry you were offended but it's really your problem. Cheers.

:)