Wild Card Watch 2015

BigHurt3515

I think it is time for this thread.

Twins lost today. We are now 3 games back of the wild card.

Standings for WC2: Minnesota (54-51), Toronto (55-52), Baltimore (53-51, 0.5GB), Tampa Bay (52-54, 2.5GB), Texas (51-53, 2.5GB), Chicago (50-53, 3GB), Detroit (51-54, 3GB),

Edited by BigHurt3515

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
We are right in the mix, but the only thing that will be holding us back is trotting Danks out there every 5 days, unless we face someone like Kelly.

Sox are 5-5 in his last 10 starts. 4.37 ERA, averaging 6 innings per start.

That's good 5th starter stuff...and something a lot of teams would like to have...just not at 14 mil.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:12 AM)
We are right in the mix, but the only thing that will be holding us back is trotting Danks out there every 5 days, unless we face someone like Kelly.

Sox have four amazing starters in Shark, Sale, Rodon and Q. I mean how many teams have 5 amazing starters? That foursome is World Series caliber. And Danks is a suitable No. 5.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:16 AM)
Sox are 5-5 in his last 10 starts. 4.37 ERA, averaging 6 innings per start.

That's good 5th starter stuff...and something a lot of teams would like to have...just not at 14 mil.

Exactly. Unless Danks runs out of gas and his last start is what's to come, he's not a bad No. 5 starter. As I've said 1,000 times don't hate the man for his contract. It's management's fault, not Johnny Danks! Join me on the Danks/Flowers bandwagon. You'll be glad you did.