Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. He's a beast in the playoffs though.
  3. I don't understand how anyone can love Cleveland so much to pass on millions of dollars to play there when he could have easily played for any other team in any other city.
  4. Well luckily you won’t have a bat in your hands and the players don’t seem too bothered by pressure!
  5. got to take at least one of these games. I am nervous facing their pitchin
  6. The Cubs lost 101 in 2012 and drew 2.88M. The next year, they lost 96 games and drew 2.64M. They haven't drawn fewer than 2.64M people since 1997. The Rockies and Angels also draw well even when they're bad. On the other hand, since 1994, the only times the Sox have drawn more than 2.5M were 2006-2008.....and they needed a 163rd game to get just barely over 2.5M in '08. This fan base can't afford to engage in gatekeeping.
  7. What about someone that was over promoted and will be just fine financially? John got a chance many better announcers never will and he blew it in various ways.
  8. I feel bad for him...but he was not good at his job and it was obvious to most. So I am happy it appears we may have a new PXP guy in our future.
  9. Today

  10. Front Office SportsWhite Sox Announcer John Schriffen’s Status With Team Unc...With his contract set to expire following the 2026 season, White Sox announce John Schriffen’s status with the team is uncertain.
  11. Agree...however I do give props to George for hiring someone to do a job George wasn't going to do well...ended up creating a problem since he hired the wrong guy and now they are stuck in this mess!
  12. Hasn't it been stated that Warren's involvement in the Vikings stadium is pretty exaggerated?
  13. The Cubs would draw 3 million people if they had the Sox 2024. It's been almost 30 years since they drew UNDER 2.5 million.
  14. I think they all didn't realize that this was the 90s when Billionaire Welfare was at its peak in Chicago, and they were just going to waltz in and get whatever they wanted.
  15. That's like 90% of fanbases tho. And probably 100% of baseball fanbases. What stadium is packed when their team sucks? I can't think of a single one. Cubs I guess but they haven't really sucked in awhile, be interesting to see what would happen if they had a 100 loss season.
  16. George McCaskey is in over his head on a project like this. I think he knew this though and that's why he hired Warren to run the project since the Vikings stadium went so well. Turns out dealing with Illinois and Chicago government is a hell of a lot more difficult than Minnesota was who bent over backwards for the Vikings. Also turned out that Warren been an incompetent moron every step of the way.
  17. A couple of posters need to jump in with a "Thanks" and "Love" reaction!
  18. Yep, you see a ton of folks with Sox caps all over the place here in Texas, a lot of them are in fact former Chicagoans like me... hopefully, especially with the younger ones, they not only like the Sox hat, but also the team.
  19. Cleveland has kind of destroyed their fan base over the last 20 years. They know not to get too comfortable, because pretty much anyone who is good is getting dealt when they get expensive. The only exception was Ramirez who took a massive haircut to stay, for some dumb reason.
  20. 2400 MLB PA and exactly zero fWAR. .2 this year. You can stick around a long time in this game being a mediocre or even bad lefty, pitching or hitting. I'm not a fan of his obviously but I'll never root against any former sock other than Nick Swisher. f*** that guy.
  21. I wasn't responding to your post though. And don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating to sucking most of the time haha. I just said that I prefer 1 title to a whole bunch of division titles and nothing to show for it.
  22. I get it. The thing to me is how quickly the fan base jumped back in this year. There is usually a lag but attendance picked up with the team just being .500.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.