All Activity
Past hour
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Brooke is looking especially fly on todayโs podcast. ๐๐ฅ๐
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Well I root for the Sox regardless. But it's a lot easier for me to root for White Sox Chase Meidroth than White Sox Paul DeJong or Jake Amaya or whatever.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
He was the 14th best defender in all of baseball by FGs this year. Put your eye test away old man.
- 2026 Old Sock Drawer
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Iโm still rooting for laundry. You could give me a list of people with Chinese language symbols on their backs next season and Iโll be fine if everyone left other than the Japanese guy because heโs a riot.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Colson hasnt even been a good defender recently so no I wouldnt.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
That's a season stats and likely skewed if whatever stat you are using didn't account for games started by openers. This is a short series where guys like Kay will pitch in relief if they need him to and the first game is vitally important in a 3 game series. ANd their game 1 starter is an opener too so he isn't going long. So that leaves game 2 and possibly a game 3.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Ozzie said something in one of the final pre/post game shows...along the lines of the past few years, he wasn't a Sox fan (I take this as him being dramatic about how pathetic those teams were). But this season is obviously different. This season, he said, he's not a fan of the Sox but he's a fan of these guys. Or something like that, it's hard to parse Ozz-ese. I agree with the sentiment though. I root for Sox players because I'm a Sox fan, but the 2026 team is filled with players I want to root for who just so happen to be White Sox. Reminds me more of the Sox teams when I was a kid in the mid-late 90s and early 00s.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
You guys calling for Meidroth at SS would be up in arms the first time a ball Colson gets to goes through.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Good point that his last handful of games he was probably playing hurt. I had forgotten about that.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Peters hasnt been right since he ran into the wall. I have much more faith in him turning it around than Colson has been abysmal for months now. He really shouldnt be in the starting lineup.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Don't like Meidroth that low but its understandable if by the time he bats it could be a LH RP in there. Peters, Braden & Benintendi better make me eat my words and crush the RH SP. I just rather have one of our best hitters period nearer the top or middle . Guess they felt they had to go with Montgomery but don't like that either .Their 2 best September hitters by OPS are on the bench Grichuk and Doyle. They have to out homer the Astros in their own park.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I notice that Blubaugh had reverse splits this season, so that must be part of what the Astros are thinking about with him starting the game. Of course, Hagen also has reverse splits (which is technically good for this lineup) but I don't really believe that will be true in the long run.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Only a 3-game series. More likely to use Pham than your lowest bullpen arm
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Love the lineup. I believe this is the 1st time Colson has been in the 9 spot all year too.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Ah, got it.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Good lineup
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
There's one regular on the Sox roster who Colson out-hit in the final two weeks of the season: Tristan Peters
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
He then proceeded to hit a massive homer but the bullpen blew it.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Richards pitched 3.1 inning in the last game of the season so likely wasnt available the 1st 2 games of the WC series anyway. Plus Brazoban is back so he's on it. Schultz too and if they use Kay at all it will be in the pen considering he pitched 5 innings in the last game of the season.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I think he's referring to Davis Martin
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
i'm so darn nervous that I may be pulling out the Macallan in the daytime, which I very rarely do.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
The idea of Pham cornering people in elevators is still interesting. I wonder if he cornered other people before he got to Getz ๐ค- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
They don't have Leasure and Dominquez any more. So that accounts for 8 of the blown saves. Taylor has 6. That's how. - WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread