All Activity
Past hour
-
2027 Rotation
There is plenty to rip Venable for, but dude was given zero SP and had to be creative down the stretch and in the playoffs. Free agent SPs should be eager for the opportunity to join a playoff team in one of the worst divisions in baseball who are desperate for SP.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
This series mirrored the season. When they were surprising people out of nowhere they were fun and relaxed. When they had a lead and expectations they were tight and not in control. Symptoms of young, inexperienced ballplayers.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I thought people did talk about the gift baskets that he gave the ladies at the end of the "dates". I remember reading about that because he had what he thought was a one night stand with someone he had already been with and she said she got the same gift basket, including like a signed baseball. Dude is definitely full of himself.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
You kind of hit the point accidentally. Why does this always follow any TA mention, but pretty much anyone else it never gets talked about.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I mean, he was never married when he played, so what are you expecting people to mention about him? He got married in 2016. He also didn't have any kids until he was done playing, and they are all with his current wife(as far as we know). What exactly should people have been talking about? What is there to talk about now? Lol
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
He's also one of the most overrated players of all time in my book.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I sure thought about it at the time but Venable I guess was asked about it after the game and he unequivocally said no.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
That is sad to me.
-
2027 Rotation
People, for some reason, think what the Sox did towards the end of the year was this brand new strategy they will do forever instead of something they had to do because of current personal.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Looking back at the game should Grichuk have pinch hit for Mune in the 6th inning with 2 outs and the bases loaded?
-
2027 Rotation
What in the world are you talking about?
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
And literally no one mentions it when his name comes up.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I am not CONDONING it, but I just assume athlete's wives sort of know what they are signing up for for the most part.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I think Jeter is a total scumbag.
-
Fire Derek Shomon
There's basically only one situation where a strikeout is preferable to a ground out. A slow runner at first and a slow runner up to bat. Lol. Even in that situation, they still have to turn the double play.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I remember someone years ago on The Score, sorry don't remember who, who had been around sports for over 30 years saying that he could count on one hand the number of players who did not cheat on their wives. I certainly hope that is not true, but I do not know.
-
2027 Offense
I’m super high on Baldwin and think having a LH utility guy on the bench will be a huge plus for us. He is a major upgrade over Acuna for sure. This is what I’d like to see Lineup: 1B: M. Murakami* 2B: C. Meidroth SS: C. Montgomery* 3B: M. Vargas LF: S. Antonacci* CF: T. Peters* RF: B. Montgomery# DH: A. Benintendi* CA: K. Teel* Bench: IF: B. Baldwin# OF: B. Doyle OF: R. Grichuk BC: J. Bart Bonemer comes up in May or June and replaces Benintendi on the roster.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Google it.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
There is a laundry list of names out there, that never gets talked about. How about Jeter for starters?
-
Fire Derek Shomon
Probably because they are doing what Fuller and Shomon preach. Good pitching will exploit their hyper aggressive philosophy.
-
Fire Derek Shomon
I understand the argument that a strike out is better than a ground out in double play situations. But what about leading off an inning, every situation that there are two outs, man on 3rd with less than 2 outs, 2nd and 3rd with less than two outs? You cannot make a blanket statement that a strike out is always less destructive than a ground out. I would have preferred that Mune hit the ball with the bases loaded....sometimes even pop ups are dropped....anyone remember Gordon Beckham??
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Evidence.
-
Fire Derek Shomon
anyone hear Venable during the game say something like, not much coaching went on between game 4 and 5, these guys know what they gotta do El oh el
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Well, it's probably because he's dead and nobody here was alive when it was happening? P.S. I am pretty sure it is a well known fact that Babe Ruth was a piece of s%*#, isn't it?
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
So why isn't Babe Ruth dogged with this?