Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. That’s baseball susyn. We had a lot of players step up this year that we weren’t expecting. Out of all the players you mentioned, and man I really hope I am wrong, but I’m not a believer in Colson. Mostly because of what he said about a month ago about not adjusting because he is who he is. You don’t win in sports, much less baseball, without adjusting to the opposition. Because they are going to adjust to you and will always have the advantage unless you adjust to them. He won’t make it unless he changes his mindset. The good news about him is we have Roch waiting in the wings to take over SS if it comes to it. I like Colson, and I hope I’m wrong, but it’s looking pretty grim at the moment. To the rest of your post, every team that’s not the Dodgers have holes/weaknesses. We need to address them. Our offense is the least of our concern. We scored the most runs in the AL this season. We address our pitching, we’ll be in the postseason again next year and should make a deeper run.
  3. These are all facts. I think this team isn't even close to hitting the peak of their powers. That's what scary about them in years to come. A lot of these guys still have levels they can hit.
  4. I think it’s as simple as Jerry wasn’t going to let them DFA Dominguez, so this was a way around that. I don’t think it suggests they are capped at a $100M payroll.
  5. First decision is what do you do with Taylor, Hagen, & Schultz. Do any of them move into the rotation to start next season? Honestly, I think you keep Taylor & Hagen in the bullpen and continue using as high leverage weapons. Neither has installed any confidence in their ability to handle a starter’s workload. Schultz is a different matter, but I’d be ok with him starting the year in the major league bullpen working as a bulk reliever to build up his confidence. If that’s the case, then I agree we should go out and add two SPs. Burke is the only guy I am confident in right now. Castillo should be brought into camp with the intention of being part of the rotation, but he can’t be more than your #5 to start and he should have a short leash. Martin & Kay are legitimate options, but you can’t bank on them and Castillo capably filling up 60% of your rotation and feel good about your chances. Honestly, I’d probably have those three compete with Sandlin & Thorpe for the last two spots. Losers either go to the major league bullpen, our AAA rotation, or are traded.
  6. It’s not a feeling. It’s literally a fact.
  7. I looked this up. Only twice has a road team won all the games in the LDS. In 2010, the Rangers won the first two games all 3 of their games at the trop. In 2012, the Giants went down 0-2 in San Francisco before storming back to take the next 3 in Cincy. If you recall, that was the year where they changed the order of the LDS due to the second wild card.
  8. Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!
  9. Happened in the 2019 World Series
  10. I would have been fine with Newcomb opening, I also kind of love just giving Burke the ball. He’s our guy, let him do this.
  11. You're certainly entitled to feel that way
  12. It happened in 2015. Rangers won the first 2 in the ALDS on the road then the Blue Jay won 3 straight. Just as rare though is the road team winning every game in the series. One of them is going to happen. Hopefully the latter.
  13. They’re the first team in major league history to make the playoffs after losing 100+ games in each of the previous three seasons. It’s literally an historic turnaround by definition whether you think it is or not.
  14. I wanted Newcomb to open but I think Burke has been phenomenal this playoffs.
  15. It happened to the A's against the Yankees, and the Rangers against the Blue Jays, and the Reds against the Giants.
  16. If we want to win we will need to score 6+ IMO
  17. It was dumb and panicky by Vogt but it also shows how little trust he has in certain people in his bullpen in high leverage situations.
  18. Me too, it could prove to be important Saturday night.
  19. It has. Texas in 2015 was the last time.
  20. There are 15 losing teams in baseball and the White Sox played every one of them, I called out 2 of them outside of their own division. Not exactly cherry picking.
  21. Guardians only have two starting pitchers they trust in the playoffs.
  22. They certainly can, the question is will they? The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question. But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road. That would be a crusher.
  23. Historically, Jerry has opened up the pocket books following playoff appearances. We've had at least one big expenditure per off season: 2001: Wells, Clayton 2006: Thome, Vazquez 2020: Lynn, Hendriks Even in 2021, they spent, they just spent it poorly. I don't like the guy but I think it's reasonable to expect they will spend in the offseason. Traditionally they have following playoff appearances.
  24. If playoff game money is what Jerry wants, then he is even worse at his job than we thought.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.