All Activity
Past hour
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Tommy Pham has a career postseason batting average of .315 with 41 hits, 6 home runs, and 12 RBIs in 37 playoff games. Statistic Postseason Total Games Played (G) 37 At Bats (AB) 130 Hits (H) 41 Home Runs (HR) 6 Runs Batted In (RBI) 12 Runs Scored (R) 17 Stolen Bases (SB) 7 Batting Average (AVG) .315 OPS .823 Not a bad playoff experienced bat to have on your to bench.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I think it's fine in a 3 game series. Plus if they play all 3 and win, there's an off day Friday and then Sunday after game 1 of the next series.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Yesterday's game and broadcast is something we're going to miss when the Bears move to a dome in Hammond or Arlington Heights. Beautiful evening and terrific shots of the city's world-class skyline on network TV. Games like this serve as great advertisement for Chicago. Of course, last week's game vs. Minnesota made many people think the Bears can't move into a dome fast enough.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Going with veteran "been there, done that" playoff experience...he and Benintendi, Rogers as well.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Agreed, JTB, it's an awesome thing! It's been such a kick following these guys throughout this season, and really kind of hard to grasp the fact that the "regular" part is done, and that the team now gets to participate in the "gravy" part. A couple of our fellow posters have referenced the concept of "playing with house money" at this stage. I don't know if everyone necessarily holds that point of view, but I think I probably lean that way. Nobody (except them) thought these guys would come this far, and they got here by playing loose, hungry, and aggressive. I hope they can just keep doing that. They've also had the benefit of truly loving one another as brothers, rising or falling as a team. No matter how things go from here, I would also observe that I've had a TON of fun following this forum this season, had many good laughs, and been truly impressed at all of you guys'/gals' ability to bounce opinions around "vigorously", but always emerge as friends. It's been a real pleasure.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
For a 3 game series, who would you replace him with? Honestly I think Acuna should get replaced first from the position players side.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Richards will at least get a full playoff share...which is huge for those AAAA players.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Only going 12 pitchers is a choice especially when we use a ton of pitching typically but I guess it is only 3 games. You are literally putting Acuna on there to hopefully pinch run late in the game and Pham on there to possibly pinch hit a couple times
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Kinda figured they were doing this when he threw 3.1 innings and 46 pitches Sunday
-
Doomers, panicans, optimists and everybody betwixt - do the Sox make the playoffs? (8/25/2026 poll)
And that's the 5/6 offense in baseball. Focus on Hagen, Schultz, Sandlin, McDougal, and adding pitching help in any way shape or form possible has to be the top priority. Not sure what can be done with Castillo. Bullpens are always going to be easier/cheaper to fix...and league-wide that area for the Sox is surprisingly in the top half. But the absence of an elite lockdown closer is the single biggest weakness there. Finally, think Mune might be coming out of this and can build on a well over 800+ ops and at lesst not under .200 finish. Hopefully some key momentum-changing hits in the postseason, too.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
I hope they use Sandlin well, I think he might be the key to this series
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
good
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
The roster could have gone without Tommy Pham
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
So Richards and Davis bit the dust off of the pitching staff.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
No Castillo or Quero...a year ago that was a pretty valuable trade package.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
14 position players, 12 pitchers.
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
35th, it appears that I have NBCSN in my YouTube TV basic plan's channels (somewhat to my surprise). I don't have a traditional TV, so I just watch things on my little laptop, via YouTube TV, and it does the job just fine. Here in Springfield we have an AM radio station called Sports Radio 1450, which will be broadcasting the games (featuring Len Kasper and Darrin Jackson). I know this sounds nuts, but sometimes I think I enjoy catching a game on the radio more than I do watching it on TV. As an old Cards fan, I kind of grew up carrying my "transistor" around listening to Harry, Jack, and Mike doing the broadcasts.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
10am in the city the game is played, so in 10 minutes- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Today
- Wild Card Round Discussion
Sandlin's splits against LHH may have changed since he started pitching really good in the minors and got the call up despite most fans clamoring for Thorpe. If you separate his last 3 starts from his earlier call up he has a 3.45 ERA and 2.08 FIP with only 1 walk and 16 K in 15.2 IP . I'm pretty sure in the those 3 starts there were plenty of LHH. But I think it's obvious he's made some changes to his pitch mix and has better command. It's a small sample size of course but you're either going to have to trust him or Fedde or both in the series because it's all hands on deck and they have been 2 of our best bulk innings pitchers lately. Fedde's had a 2.96 ERA in his last 85.2 innings since the start of June but he's better at home and gives up a lot of fly balls so they all have their warts. There are no perfect solutions and the same goes for the lineup. The 1st 2 games are crucial of course and they are going to get criticized no matter how they deploy their pitchers if we lose the series Why'd you use Fedde in the bandbox ? Why did you use Sandlin when LHH kill him? Why did you start Davis Martin when he sucked in his last start ? Burke had 5 starts in Sept , 3.47 ERA , 3.27 FIP 23.1 IP, 24K but 12 BB is a lot.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
If you have Prime it looks like you can get a free 1 week subscription to Peacock. Maybe we should edit the OP with some viewing options.- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
The White Sox are playing playoff baseball today. Pinch me!- Doomers, panicans, optimists and everybody betwixt - do the Sox make the playoffs? (8/25/2026 poll)
a few things they gotta clean up in the off season, imo I'm hesitant to think that Murakami will be open to any sort of changes heading into his free agency year, so it is what it is, his issues are identical to his issues in japan, pretty much the exact same player If Colson Montgomery wants to be a big league player, he can't strikeout 40%+ of the time and also never take walks. if his zone contact rate and lack of understanding the strike zone is gonna continue, he will be somewhere else in 2028. and that might be hard to fix because I don't think he's a particularly cerebral hitter and seems confused often on what pitch to expect in certain counts I see them putting in a lot of work with Sam, with his defense in LF being a key area to work on, would be nice if Sizemore was still around. Also he's gotta get better facing LHP that goes without saying. he has the same weaknesses that Peters has, he sucks against breaking balls, and he's elite vs fastballs. his spray chart is very good, he will pretty much hit the ball where it's thrown (Pull 31%/Str8 42%/Opp 26%), it will be interesting to see if the astros throw him a lot of breaking/off speed this series Doyle getting more selective in his at bats and cutting back on the strikeouts. I think they're gonna invest a lot of time in him Benintendi, idk what happened to him, this wasn't his profile until last year, he was never a low on base slugger, he was a high on base contact hitter who drove the ball to the gaps. Are the Sox just not equipped to fix guys like him, or are they actively trying to turn him into something he's bad at Peters will be interesting, I see major regression in 2027 unless they really put in the work. One thing I will say about him, I think he is a highly intelligent hitter and that helps cover up the lack of physical tools. Statcast shows that he's pretty much a dead pull hitter (Pull 51%/Str8 29%/Opp 20%), and he also struggles a lot vs breaking balls, so I think pitchers will start to attack him away with junk until he adjusts, which I feel he is 100% capable of doing. what do you want the Sox to work on after the labor s%*# is over? I don't think coaches can work with players until the new CBA- 2026 NFL thread
- WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread