All Activity
Past hour
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
especially at that band box. which now plays into our hands more. we are winning this series. we have the better team.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
God that team used to be terrifying...when Yordan Alvarez was the young, up-and-coming guy just added to their pile of mashers.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Yes. I'm no big Schriffen fan but I thought Stone's treatment of him reflected a lot more poorly on Stone than on Schriffen. Stone shows his true colors on social media -- where is a comically thin-skinned and embittered old man -- and it's shining through more and more on the air as well. It's a shame because his insights and baseball knowledge are genuinely helpful and informative, but spoiled by his increasing unlikability.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Bring Wayne Randzazzo home to Chicago!
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Non intentional intentional walk works but in general agree, they don't have the murderer's row they used to, he's the one guy that scares me. They have some other competent hitters, but not with that sort of game changing power.
-
Colson's future with the team
I posted in a game thread or somewhere about the fact that Colson's foul ball rate has skyrocketed in August and September. An overwhelming amount of his contact has become foul balls. If you whiff like 30% of the time and 75% of your contact is foul balls, you're going to strike out a ton of the time. I have become increasingly convinced that the path of his swing is out of whack, making it hard for him to hit anything hard into play. The other problems with him would be much less noticeable if he was hitting one into the seats every 15 plate appearances or so.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I have no issues if that was the team moving forward. BUT, i know it won't be...........
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
stone is a punk imo. he thinks his s%*# doesn't stink he used to do it with hawk too.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
If the Sox are too stubborn to pitch around/IBB Alvarez and he beats you, that's entirely on Teel/the coaching staff He had 8 walks vs the Sox in those 7 games, and didn't do much damage. Sox have to win game 1, because Hunter Brown knows exactly how to tie up this lineup
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
If you liked Caray and Piersall, I think the closest you're going to get is Schriffen and Plesac. Main difference is Schriff and Plesac are high on life.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Man I didn’t ever feel like Stone really liked Schriffen, all he did was hang him out to dry and refuse to play into what he perceived were dumb questions . I think this parting of ways has just as much to do with Stone as it does the broadcaster ratings that put them in the bottom third every year
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I had to just mute some folks who were annoying (either because it's their nature or because they are farming engagement for some media venture). Helped me have some Sox stuff on the timeline without too much BS
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I like Stephen a lot but I have my doubts that the Sox could lure him away from that job even if he aspires to be on television for all 162. I bet the pay is great and who wouldn't like spending so much of their time in Southern California, which BTW is where he grew up.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Just blue check Sox accounts. The algo is straight garbage to be fair. You like one tweet and suddenly your entire feed is that account or topic. It's maddening. I actually have stopped liking or retweeing certain things just because I don't want my entire feed to be flooded.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
I can see how Connor is more like the platonic ideal of a "good broadcaster." I think he does a good job at what he does currently. He and Steve have zero chemistry, despite the fact that you would think Steve would have much warmer feelings towards a "standard broadcaster" type of personality. Yet Steve seems to really like Schriff. The secret sauce, IMO: you cannot approach Steve as an equal. His ego is too big and he will be cold to anyone that does not suck up to him. Schriff, who is at least 50% domesticated dog, badly wants to please people which very much includes Steve. I'd be fine if the Sox want to replace Schriffen but I won't be impressed if they just hand it to Connor. That said, I have a strong suspicion that Steve is not that easy to work with so maybe I am not being totally fair to Connor given that I have pretty much only heard him call games with Steve (often on short notice).
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Is that just from a couple popular podcast groups & their followings?
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Sox twitter is the worst. People are really trying to argue that John losing his job is some sad sack moment? GMAFB. In most universes that don't have an owner like JR, John is still doing slam ball and random Big East basketball games. He was over promoted. Oh well.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
That's why I mentioned him being a huge Sox fan. Normally that would be insane but if you get a chance to do pbp for the team you actually root for has to be enticing. It won't happen because Jerry would lowball him.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
There are LOT of guys out there. This IS the third biggest media market in the US that you will be getting about 150 chances a year to feature yourself to this audience. People pay a lot of dues to get a job like the Sox could be offering. If they want some of the best people for the job, they will be out there. I do worry that there could be perceived turmoil between what Hawk said about getting forced out by Boyer, Jason being essentially thrown out, and then potentially Schiff getting non-renewed.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Dude would be insane to leave LAD.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I think people overrate how much they "love" Richards. He's pretty much the mop up or innings eating guy. We see him a lot because his role is to take innings when the game isn't really hanging in the balance. There were a few times he was forced into a high leverage spot, but for the most part was just a mop up guy.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
With the 40 man as it is it seems like they are just going to roll with him and hope he's just the mop up. I'd imagine Fedde and Kay will be used out of the pen if they don't start. Martin I don't know, he's probably closer to Richards' role than getting any starts. I think your starters are Burke and Fedde as crazy as that sounds. 3rd game would maybe be Kay or you try a bullpen day, which I wouldn't be opposed to in principle.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
There are guys out there. I suggested Aaron Goldsmith from the Marines broadcasts. He came up through the minors and radio and is now solid on TV PBP. He can keep it light but also knows ball having put in so much time.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
They love Richards but he and his 91MPH fastball have been getting hit hard lately.