take it easy on ozzie

pale_hose

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
Now, tell me what you would've said here had McCarthy served up a long ball to Hafner.  Do tell.  I bet it would've been something along the lines of "why not Cotts, heck, why not Logan even?".

As for Jenks, no one said he has little confidence in Jenks.  Ozzie said he'd be giving Cotts some save opportunities is the timing and match ups were right.

No I wouldn't. I don't lie. I can admit when I wrong. I thought they should have left McCarthy in. If not him, its the 8th inning, I'm going to Cotts if he's able to go, which obviously he was, if he wasn't able it would have been Thornton for me, but I could understand if it were Logan for others. If Ozzie was totally confident with Jenks, he wouldn't have to save Cotts, especially with Hafner, Martinez and Broussard coming up in the 8th inning.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
The rolly eye bulls*** and the "condescending crap" comment, yeah, that's being civil.

Your attitude is the problem, not my use of a "rolly-eye" emoticon.

The fact that you say I'm dead wrong shows you know f*** all about baseball.

You sure as hell are "dead wrong" about what I'd think in that situation. Do you have ESP or something? Your use of the word "f***" also shows how incredibly immature you're being.

Yeah sure know-it-all teenager (or 20-something).

Actually, I'd be a "know-it-all 30-something" who's been following the Sox since 1982.

I'm sorry that somebody pissed in your Cheerios this morning. Try to find a more mature way to vent next time. :rolly

Edited by WCSox

Your attitude is the problem, not my use of a "rolly-eye" emoticon.

You sure as hell are "dead wrong" about what I'd think in that situation.  Do you have ESP or something?  Your use of the word "f***" also shows how incredibly immature you're being.

Actually, I'd be a "know-it-all 30-something" who's been following the Sox since 1982. 

I'm sorry that somebody pissed in your Cheerios this morning.  Try to find a more mature way to vent next time.  :rolly

My reputation on this board speaks for itself. If you have something to say to me you ignorant tool, say it via PM.

You're right about the "know it all 30-something", but you forgot to add "smarmy prick" to the equation.

Just to be clear about what I said, you don't know f*** all about baseball.

And to clarify once more, shove your eye roll up your ass. OK?

No I wouldn't. I don't lie. I can admit when I wrong. I thought they should have left McCarthy in. If not him, its the 8th inning, I'm going to Cotts if he's able to go, which obviously he was, if he wasn't able it would have been Thornton for me, but I could understand if it were Logan for others.  If Ozzie was totally confident with Jenks, he wouldn't have to save Cotts, especially with Hafner, Martinez and Broussard coming up in the 8th inning.

I'll make sure to monitor how it goes with the whole lefty-righty matchup stuff. Let's see if you stay consistent. If you'd have stuck with McCarthy, good for you, you're just about the only one on SoxTalk. Or in baseball for that matter.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
My reputation on this board speaks for itself.  If you have something to say to me you ignorant tool, say it via PM.

You're right about the "know it all 30-something", but you forgot to add "smarmy prick" to the equation.

Just to be clear about what I said, you don't know f*** all about baseball.

And to clarify once more, shove your eye roll up your ass.  OK?

This is really uncalled for Really, this post should lead to a suspension. Please show some class, apologize and delete it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
I'll make sure to monitor how it goes with the whole lefty-righty matchup stuff.  Let's see if you stay consistent.  If you'd have stuck with McCarthy, good for you, you're just about the only one on SoxTalk.  Or in baseball for that matter.

You can monitor my posts all you want. I'm consistent with my beliefs.

This is really uncalled for  Really, this post should lead to a suspension. Please show some class, apologize and delete it.

Stay out of it, it's none of your business. If you've got something to say to me, show some class and say it via PM.

Got it?

I'm not scared, you're really out of line, I don't have to hide anything.

No one cares if you're scared, not scared, whatever.

Just because you disagree with me and I''ve challenged you on this thread, you start getting personal. It's none of your business.

If you've got something to say to me say it via PM. You have mine.

QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
No one cares if you're scared, not scared, whatever.

Just because you disagree with me and I''ve challenged you on this thread, you start getting personal.  It's none of your business.

If you've got something to say to me say it via PM.  You have mine.

Since you say you have such a stellar reputation, why don't you share with the audience the PM you sent me. I just commented on your very rude post, way out of line.

Since you say you have such a stellar reputation, why don't you share with the audience the PM you sent me. I just commented on your very rude post, way out of line.

Second time I asked you to mind your own business. Are you too stupid to understand?

I knew you were dense, but thought you could figure out simple things.

Guess not.

Just curious, why don't you mind your own business? Can't argue the topic, gotta get personal, eh?

Seems that's your style. Get a life.

Back to the thread...

I know Ozzie was forced to use Ozuna in LF tonight but I hope he now realizes why he should never play there again. Ozuna should stick to the infield. I know that it was windy tonight but he is really not a good outfielder. Also, Ozzie often seems to leave his starter in the game an inning too long. This game is still Ozuna's fault though.

Back to the thread...

I know Ozzie was forced to use Ozuna in LF tonight but I hope he now realizes why he should never play there again.  Ozuna should stick to the infield.  I know that it was windy tonight but he is really not a good outfielder.  Also, Ozzie often seems to leave his starter in the game an inning too long.  This game is still Ozuna's fault though.

Thanks for bringing it back on topic, couldn't agree more with your comments.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
Also, Ozzie often seems to leave his starter in the game an inning too long. 

I think he's obsessed with giving the starter an opportunity to win. They were tied 7-7 when Jon should have been pulled. I'm thinking Ozzie was hoping that Jon would get out of that inning so that we can get 1 run the following inning.

It's not his style, but I would love to see Ozzie just be a little cautious with his starting pitchers to start this season. They went through so much last year, I'd just like to see him be more proactive in taking them out before trouble hits late. It's ok.....we still need another outfielder!

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
we still need another outfielder!

Curious....do most teams carry 2 solid backup outfielders? One would think Mackowiak should be more than enough to help us out. Who'd have that that we'd have 2 guys down so early in the season?