Everything posted by SoCalChiSox
-
Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions
Therefore...do not want.
-
Liam Hendriks coming up in trade discussions
Gleyber is also right handed.
-
Rodon to the Yankees, $162 million
Good for Carlos.
-
2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread
We prolly offered 3m with incentives.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
That's what makes me think it's not Gallo tho. They are being too obvious about it and we know RH doesn't like media to blow up his work so maybe Gallo is just the smokescreen.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
Can u live with only 300-ish OBP and declining D tho? I mean if he hits 35 bombs then yeah but if he's at 20, prolly not IMO.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
I would be surprised too...pleasantly surprised but still surprised. Maybe KW and PG both leaned on JR for their guy and he finally said ok. I doubt it tho. On the other hand there is too much smoke on Gallo right now....perhaps so much so that it's a smokescreen. Maybe it's the Kepler trade? I just want to get something done, I'm tired of logging in here everyday and seeing Hahn still sitting doing nothing but holding his dick while everyone else is getting better.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
I think people are just hoping more than anything.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
JR found a ring in a crackerjack box that'll have to do.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
Yeah it seems weird unless they have trades already lined up to offload salary.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
No
-
Sox working on signing a LF
Perhaps his market is robust enough that they are confident in moving Hendriks. High OBP LH bat in 10D would be great at the top of the order.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
If Hendriks is moved, could they use that cash slot for Benintendi?
-
2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread
Why would they commit a boatload of money to Swanson when it looks like Montgomery may stick at SS and will cost very little for awhile? I'm on board with moving Anderson for a haul but I'm not on board with tying up alot of money at SS. We just need a bridge player. If they have money to spend add a savage LH 2B or OF.
-
Sox working on signing a LF
There's no way we can pay 4/60 for Benintendi when we cant even afford a pot to piss in. I could see it being Gallo assuming they gave him a 2nd year since he reportedly got more than 1 year offers. Or more likely, they expect Swanson to sign shortly and whatever trade they have lined up may now be set in motion.
-
2023 MLB offseason signings and rumors thread
Hopefully Swanson to somewhere other than LA.
-
Joey Gallo Rumor Thread
LMAO ....they are getting outbid even for a Plan D option. That's pretty pathetic even for this team.
-
Joey Gallo Rumor Thread
Honestly, I'd do the Kepler trade for someone like ReyLo since the value is similar assuming it's TA or Giolito that's moved and not Hendriks. I don't think the pen would be in good shape without both LH and RL but we will be relatively ok without one of them.
-
Joey Gallo Rumor Thread
Kepler's OBP would be solid without the shift but his SLG would still suck. I'd rather have his adjusted numbers and ++ defense than Gallo if it's between them but MIN won't give him away to us.
-
Your 2023 Off-Season Plan
I don't think Hahn is a great GM, but TLR controlled resource allocation the last few years. Now RH has to unwind a bullpen heavy payroll.
-
TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread
Baseball Trade Values has Busch, Outman and Pepiot almost identical in value to Anderson, FWIW. Man, get Correa and Swanson signed already, we need legit Sox moves
-
TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread
As the great American philosopher John Madden once put it: "Boom"
-
TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread
Perhaps not but he's still going to get well over 100m on his next deal and it won't be here so we might as well restock the cupboard now rather than getting nothing later.
-
TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread
https://www.mlb.com/prospects/dodgers/michael-busch-683737 This scouting report suggests he could stick at 2B. 45 sounds much better than 30-35.
-
TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread
@Pal is CWS insisting on Lux as the main piece from LAD?