Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. I like Skiles a whole lot. He brings the right attitude to the table and it seems like if a player works their ass off, then the two will have a great relationship. He is honest with his players and they know where they stand with him. He wants the most out of his guys and in the case of Curry, who is a lazy ass, he is making the right call. I agree completely with ya Mark. If Curry turns it up, it will be in large part to Skiles kicking him in the ass and of course Curry would deserve the credit for actually doing the work. You can just see he's completely out of shape. The kid has a big ass gut on him and obviously did nothing to get into shape over the offseason.
  2. The Sox definately won't be the favorites, but what exactly has being the favorites done the past few seasons. This team isn't as good as last years at the end of the season. I firmly believe if they kept those chips in place, sans Everett and Alomar, then they would of been the team to beat in the AL central and one of the few teams that has a very legit chance of winning the series. I don't think the Sox can compete for the series, but I do think they will compete for the playoffs.
  3. Which Palehose one?
  4. Before we all freak out, lets remember last season we had Jimenez who everyone but me and a few others complained about and Aaron Rowand. So while everyone talks about these holes, lets remember last season the Sox had these same holes. The only difference is this year we are counting on Elo instead of Colon. And the Sox know that Koch had a rough year, so the pen is a little weaker for sure then last seasons, plus they don't have Gordon and White (Whom many expected big things out of, myself included). This year the Sox are going with sleepers: Grilli, Politte, Santiago and then the young guys. Just last season we were all excited because we had a rotation of Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright, Rauch (Not many thought Elo would break camp as a starter). On a grander scale...lets just compare this way. Who can you expect to play better: Konerko, Koch, Ordonez, Buehrle, Crede, Olivo, Danny Wright Rowand (compared with the Rowand at the start of last season) Who can you expect to play worse: Elo, Thomas (Although he could turn for the better), Marte (Although he could very easily hold his ground..although he had such an impressive season), Carlos Lee (He could also turn into the better). Who pretty much matched normal production: Harris (Not saying much), Garland (should get better) and pretty much everyone else. Now I'm probably over-estimating and not all those guys would do better, but the Sox didn't exactly have a lot of players coming off career years, minus Esteban Loiaza who the Sox will have a lot of faith in.
  5. Range Factor is supposed to be a more accurate measurement of fielding. The large debate by sabermatrics (Basically statiticians) is whether or not fielding percentage is truly accurate cause quite often a guy that has great range makes more errors because he gets to more balls, but more importantly he puts himself in position where he has to make a lot of tough plays. For example, the Range Factor shows that Jose is a better shortstop then his fielding percentage would indicate, how much better, I can't say, I'm not really huge on stats. I think you have to look at stats, tools, team needs and of course money. There are flaws to range factor too.
  6. [green]The Sox will get Mulder and bring him back to Chicago...we don't need Zito [/green]
  7. I like the fact that both Politte and Santiago have fantastic stuff. Both have had some injuries and both have had some success in the major leagues. These seem like good sleeper guys that could turn into productive pitchers. Its odd being able to say, lets see what our pitching coach can do. Just two years ago we all hoped that Nardi would just stay away from the pitchers, now we want Coop to work with everyone. Boy, its great having an awesome pitching coach. I also think we have a pretty solid hitting coach now, and I'm undecided on Ozzie.
  8. We could set up a Quotes Archive SubForum (Much like the hot chick contest and put each months quotes into the subforum and then have that sub forum located in the archives. How does that sound?
  9. Did it for a 2nd time today, on my natural keyboard...125 OH YA
  10. Ya, thats Hankins I think. I remember that Ryan was going to play with Wally or at least I thought he was. And If I recall Jose was absolutely horrible last year too.
  11. I didn't feel it...but I'm way far away from where it hit.
  12. Chisoxfn replied to 1549's topic in SLaM
    Beastly brought up the old post, but he made an anti gay remark, which is why he was banned. After all the warnings, we were just tired of constantly monitoring and dealing with it.
  13. Lol, I'm gonna be the one using it at work anyway. We are like overhauling the office or I should say I am. Its gonna be pretty sweet.
  14. Oh ya, I should add that I am fine
  15. Ya, I just switched computers so I got to install aim. My dad took mine to his office.
  16. I know what you mean...there are a lot of mods. The only thing I realize is that on Sex Lies and Politics there really weren't any mods at the time, that specifically deal with ideas to better this individual board.
  17. Ya and the biggest reason I like having more mods, is it means people can contact a bunch of people if something happenned. There are times when Me, Alex and Mark aren't around because of school so it helps to have other people there that can be of major assistance, like Vince and Mike (2k4) and then all the mods. I will assure everyone that no one will be abusing any power. The biggest duty of mods has nothing to do with deleting posts or banning (Cause that call is strictly amongst the admins although we always ask for other advice in certain situations). The biggest duty is creating new posts and if something seems heated working on easing the tension and stuff like that. I do agree, there are now a ton of mods...but we kind of divied up the mod powers different, giving people individual duties to boards instead of a few people that just run everything. This way the people that pay more attention to certain forums can deal with it.
  18. Steve...please shoot me a pm and we can talk. I know that your basically the very next on our short list of future mods. You've been nothing but a class act since joining. Mark, I and Alex have all discussed it on AIM and said how you stand out as someone that will make an awesome mod.
  19. I can assure you that is farthest from the truth. I have been telling Tex since the huge blowup that I was planning on making him a mod sooner or later. And Spiff, I don't think you'll have to worry about anyone editing your post..you know I got your back
  20. Chisoxfn replied to BrandoFan's topic in SLaM
    Ya, I got one of their cd's..my dad used to listen to him and it is one of the rare groups that me and him like. Sultans of swing is awesome.
  21. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in SLaM
    Man...what a party pooper you are
  22. Its sad to see the show go. You guys did an awesome job. I remember quite often, especially during the inagural season, listening to you guys, catching a game that I couldn' see and getting to laugh my ass off at critics impressions and all of your guys honest rants on the team, instead of hearing a homer. SNR set a style and without SNR, this site wouldn't of grown to what it is. And RPS, anytime you want to start it back up, you know you guys are always welcome to advertise your shows here, no questions asked. And when I get this site on the dedicated server, we'll have plenty of room if you want to put a few chosen clips somewhere for people to pull it and if you guys do shows again, I'm pretty sure you guys could use the server as well...well once were on dedicated. You guys rocked and the SNR smilie will always exist at Soxtalk, so you won't be forgotten
  23. Chisoxfn replied to DBAHO's topic in SLaM
    Hope you have a great one
  24. PA, also a mod on the sports board, should fit in greatly at Sex, Lies and Politics, afterall it is where he spends most of his time. He's a good guy and sarcastic as hell, but I think he'll do a good job. TexSox is a first time mod but a great poster. He will become an awesome mod and he has always been one of the first to welcome new posters, start new and interesting threads and if he thinks something is wrong, he's more then willing to speak out against it. Welcome aboard to the two of ya
  25. Chisoxfn replied to Steff's topic in SLaM
    Got it, gonna get ya'll set up right now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.