Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
Cubs/Karros
I think they declined his option - he'll be a free agent. Ya...for some reason I thought he had another year left on his deal. My bad.
-
Realistic Offseason Idea
Agreed...the Sox could offer someone like Malone instead of Rauch. I think when it comes to minor leaguers the Sox should be smart. I still believe Borchard has value because he has such a high ceiling. Reed has defiantely passed him, but Reed is untouchable...well almost.
-
Sox to Tempe?
The Angels new owner Moreno owns a lot of land in the Goodyear area, which is about 30 minutes West of Phoenix on the 10. It would be a dumb move in my opinion, but their was a good article in the register all about it. I do agree though, more people would go to games in the Phoenix area because so many people are from Chicago. The Cubs draw a huge attendance in Mesa. Also, JR lives in Scottsdale during the winter if I recall. As long as the Sox stay away from Oaklands Facility (Its pretty weak) and Hi Corbett then I think they are just fine. I think I saw where the Indians will likely replace the Sox at TEP. The Dodgers were going to move out to Arizona, but I think that talk has lessened.
-
Sox to Tempe?
Thats why I like the Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale area more. Their are a lot of things to do at night after catching the ball game and such. I cna't wait for this spring
-
Realistic Offseason Idea
Realistic? Well, not this part. Just because you put together 3 pieces of crap together, it doesn't mean they get more attractive to other clubs. I hope Borchard lives up to his potential too, but at the moment, nobody will give you a player like Nic Johnson for these guys. Well if need be, insert Jon Rauch and Joe Borchard. If the Yanks want a guy that could potentially be their future centerfielder then I'd think they would consider Borchard, plus if they got someone like Ginter and Rauch then it would be an interesting offer for them since they plan on moving Johnson. Ya, Borchard hasn't proved anything but the Sox aren't gonna give them Jeremy Reed. Borchard is still rated as one of the Sox better prospects by most scouts and I think their would be quite a few teams interested in getting him. As far as Beastly goes for calling him a pompous ass, I'd shove it. Borchard is a great kid that is very respectful. He has said numerous times that his swing needs to get shorter and that he's not yet ready for the majors. So :fyou for bashing Borchard. Just cause he hasn't lived up to his expectations doesn't make him an ass.
-
Realistic Offseason Idea
With Ponson, I kind of agree that he would be overpiad, I'd must rather have him for 5 or 6 mill a year, but I really think of him as a little Colon. The guy throws a ton of innings, has great stuff and is rather young.
-
Realistic Offseason Idea
I didn't hear that. I was just assuming what all the papers wrote a few weeks ago. If he keeps payroll at 51 mill it would be a joke because attendance was up and all that stuff and if he was willing to expand payroll a bit the Sox wouldn't have had to given up some of the prospects we did, such as Royce Ring. Heck, if they were gonna give away prospects to save money then they should of at least made kick ass offers to Veal and Moviel as our way of replacing the guys we dealt cause those two were top notch talents.
-
Realistic Offseason Idea
I'm going to conclude that Bartolo Colon is as good as gone and that the Sox payroll is going to be between 55 and 60 million. - Sox Trade Magglio Ordonez for Alfonso Soriano - Sox trade Joe Borchard, Matt Ginter, and Aaron Miles for Nick Johnson - Sox trade Paul Konerko to the LA Dodgers for a PTBNL - Sox sign Carl Everett to a 1 yr 5 mill deal - Sox sign Sidney Ponson to a 3 yr 21 mill deal - Sox sign a shortstop (Guzman/Aurilla/Jose) for 2 mill - Sox sign Jon Garland to a 3 yr 6 mill deal - Sox sign Mark Buehrle to a 4 yr 20 mill deal - Sox sign Carlos Lee to a 3 yr 18 mill deal (high estimate) - Sox sign Roberto Alomar or Fernando Vina for about 2.5-3 mill (less would be better..going to assume high) Lineup Roberto Alomar/Fernando Vina - 2nd (S or L) - 3 Mill Alfonso Soriano - CF ® - 2 Mill (I think it would be 1.2 mill) Nick Johnson - 1st - (l) - 500 K Frank Thomas - DH - ® - 6.5 Mill Carlos Lee - LF (You could swap Lee/Thomas) - ® - 6 Mill Carl Everett - RF - (s) - 5 Mill Joe Crede - 3rd - ® - 500 K Rich Aurilla/Christian Guzman/Jose Valentin - SS - (R or S or S) - 2 Mill Miguel Olivo - C - ® - 500K Total Payroll - 26 Million Rotation Buehrle (5 Mill) Loaiza (4 mill) Ponson (7 mill) Garland (2 mill) Scho (2 mill) Total Payroll - 20 Mill - 46 Mill Accumalative Bullpen Koch (6 mill) Marte (1 mill) Wunsch (750 K) Wright (500 K) Total Payroll - 8.25 Mill - 54.25 Mill Accumlative This leaves the Sox with 5.75 Million to bring in 2 veteran relievers. One would definately be someone like Sully/Shiggy/Hawkins and the other a lesser vet like Osuna or Chad Fox. - I have a feeling if the Sox put Koch on waivers that the Mets or Yankees would pick him up and take a chance, since their is no long term deal. But I don't want to assume that in this scenario cause many would consider that questionable. My theory is both teams are looking for closers and the Mets have Koch's former pitching coach while the Yanks are almost always willing to take risks on guys that were once good and still make a lot of money. Koch is just one year off a very impressive season. Plus both teams have definate voids in their pen. - If Koch is gone then the Sox have 11.75 mill to invest if the payroll is 60 mill in 3 relievers. I'd say the Sox would go with something like Hawkins, Sully, Osuna. You sign Hawkins at 4/5 mill per; Sully at a 2 yr 4 mill deal with an option for 2.5 mill and a 500 K buyout and then Osuna a 1 yr 1 mill deal or even 750 K with some incentives. Then the Sox use Munoz as their 7th reliever. Bullpen Marte - 1 mill Hawkins - 5 Mill (Assume high) Sully - 2 mill Osuna - 1 mill Wright - 500 K Wunsch - 500 K Munoz - 300 K WHICKED Total Payroll - 10.3 mill Bench Rowand - 500 Graffy - 750 Harris - 400 Alomar Jr - 750 Robin Ventura - a mill or so One guy on the bench would go to the minors, unless the Sox decide to carry 6 relievers, keeping Munoz in the minors Total payroll is about 61 million but this assumed some high estimates in a few areas. And if the Sox don't want to do that, then sign Shiggy for about 3 mill a year and you save 2 mill on not getting Hawkins or hope you can get Hawkins for a little less. I think realistically this roster could be put together more so for 57 mill or so, which would leave the Sox with some room to add during the trade deadline. I've also assumed giving our young players extensions and this team is in really good shape long term. Mario and I came up with this idea on aim today talking back and forth. I think it would be a hell of a team. Good offense, good pitching, great bullpen and a solid defense.
-
Daily Southtown Exclusive on USCF Renovations
Sounds really cool. I'm definately gonna have to make it out this year for a game.
-
Sox to Tempe?
The only thing I wonder with Tempe Diablo and Scottsdales facility is where are the minor league fields. I know the Angels have two practice fields at Tempe Diablo and then the main stadium but at TEP their are a ton of practice fields for all the minor leaguers. I know Milwaulkee's stadium was built for two teams and its a great facility, although Maryville isn't quite in Phoenix, but its only about 15-20 minutes away. Agree with you about parking at Scottsdale.
-
Soriano
Here's My Pro's and Con's to both players. Soriano: Pro's -Can hit for avg -Better power numbers then Magglio (Already) -Better power potential then Magglio (This guy has had 40/40 and could do 50/50) -Superior speed to Maggs -Better athlete then Maggs -13 million cheaper then Maggs -4 years younger then Maggs (25) -Had only 8 fewer RBI's then Maggs, despite hitting in the leadoff spot (Sor-91) -Provides production in a position that it isn't expected from (cf/2nd). Con's -Plate Discipline -Shaky defensively at 2nd Magglio: Pro's -Can hit for avg -Has a decent eye -Plays good defense in right -Good Attitude Con's -14 million; FA at end of the season Basically I think both are comparable players. If given the option I'd take Soriano over Magglio in a heartbeat because he's only going to get better while Magglio has reached a peak, although its a very good peak. People can say Soriano had a down year, but .291, 38 HR, 91 RBI, 35 SB is pretty damn impressive to me. Stick him in the 2 or 3 hole with some good OBP guys in front and look out. Did I mention that you would have him locked up long term and he'd cost a whole lot less then Maggs, meaning the Sox could still find a replacement for Maggs and have quite a bit of dough to invest in pitching.
-
ESPN' John Sickels
Agreed, I think they can do it.
-
Cubs/Karros
Does this mean we could claim him for the minimum? He's getting paid an absolute fortune or are the Cubs soley seeing if someone puts a claim on him and if he doesn't then they aren't going to outright release him. I think eventually the SOx will try that with Konerko and Koch.
-
Ozzie gets a second interview
I think its getting really interesting that maybe it isn't the obvious candidate.
-
Sox to Tempe?
I think the Phoenix area quite a bit. But TEP is a great facility. I would rather see the White Sox share a facility with someone other then go to where the Angles played. The Angels have a very nice facility, but TEP was beautiful. Where KC and Texas play is absolutely amazing and the Brewers have a nice facility that isn't shared. I'd think that JR would like to cut a deal to share the Giants facility in Scottsdale which is a beautiful stadium done by the guy who designed Camden Yards.
- Kobe to Bulls?
-
Hawks sign Berard
Seems like a good pickup. The guy is still young, but it is only a one year deal. He has a lot of talent and is going to help the Blackhawks offense and defense.
-
WEEK 9 PICKS
Jets Colts Panthers Raiders Ravens Buccaneers Bears Bengals Steelers Eagles Rams Cowboys Packers Broncos
-
Complete FA List
Yep, I think its like 3.5 million.
-
Can somebody help me out?
I have the same problem. I gave up on it
-
Most influencial artists and bands
Well I gotta say Bob Dylan and for Rap NWA. If you don't say Dylan then look back at Woody Guthrie cause without folk music you wouldn't have Dylan who created Folk Rock and let to a whole crapload of different groups. Basically all of the protest music was because of Dylan
-
Jose Valentin not happy with the Sox
He'll be lucky to get 1.5. I think the best deal he gets is like a mill and then incentives that could push it to 1.5 or 2. Somehow the Sox will give him more then he's worth, just because they seem to have one of the dumbest salary analysts when it comes to valuing a players market value. If they aren't worth what they are asking, then don't freaking sign them.
-
Can somebody help me out?
www.bulls4ever.com Or just go into the sports board, there are a lot of Bulls fans there. Bulls are kicking some ass right now
-
shooting at a courthouse in CA
s*** thats crazy. Bears aught to sign that security guard.
-
Kobe to Bulls?
The one thing I'll give JR credit for is he's always shelled out the bucks in regards to the Bulls. The fans have shown up and he's paid huge amounts of money for them. I wish one day the Sox club would have the kind of lasting excitement and ability to get the Cell sold out for a few years and build the Sox fan base back up. If that ever happens then I have no doubt JR will spend whatever funds necessary. The problem is, you have to not only have great management but also a little bit of luck for things to work out that way. I'm so confident that this team could be great again next year at about a 60 mill payroll, the question is whether KW will have the ball to do it (I think he's got the balls to make big changes) and forget about what the medias reactions would be. Trading maggs could be a fiasco, but get a talented player and freeing your budget restraints so you could add 2 or 3 pitchers is more then worth it, imo. As a GM, my flaw is I wouldn't think twice about trading a fan favorite if it meant it would improve the team. I still have good feelings, but thats probably the optimist in me. As far as Kobe goes, he f***ed up, but I still think he's a pretty classy individual and a hell of a player.