Everything posted by Chisoxfn
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 09:57 AM) Well carving up the Saints defense is something almost all QB's do lol, but yeah I do feel bad for him he was playing well and lost his starting gig because of an injury even if it was whats best for the team. Packers D is pretty bad.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 13, 2013 -> 09:36 AM) Not too mention this is a completely different team with Kaepernick starting instead of Alex Smith. Good chance if Smith starts the game the Packers win. Smith took care of the Packers in week 1. Not sure that you can say that for certain. Kap was huge in the game though. Damn near 200 rushing yards out of the QB. Atrocious D by the Packers. Reminded me of what Wilson did to the Bears in the 4th quarter and OT. It made more sense after hearing Woodson and others say they didn't game plan for Kap to run so much. Capers dropped the ball on that game plan.
-
Your Sporting Weekend
Went to the Clippers game this afternoon...watching the Bulls game on DVR during commercials of Packers game while getting Amazon Prime installed on my TV/PS3.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Kaperneck shutting me up. Responding great from that pick.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 05:56 PM) Then, unless they can come up with more room, Melton won't be one of those guys. I guarantee they can make it work. In the NFL, there is a lot you can do (whether they just give him a bigger up front bonus and tack on some extra years with higher bases). Lots of things you can do with the cap, especially when you figure a year from now they'll actually have a bit more cap space (Peppers will have to be adjusted; cap increases). Yes, Cutler would be due a larger bonus but other then that you probably aren't looking at a lot of other guys coming due.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 05:30 PM) Like I said, if Melton is an $7-$8 million player, and you have $5 million in cap holds, you have $5 million left for your TE and O-Lineman. That's filler. That's not finding a good lineman and TE, that's finding depth. I don't think that counts Urlacher either. I am not paying Urlacher anything close to what he made last year if I'm the GM. If have 18M, I can easily spread 7M on a OT and 7M on Melton and then that leaves 3M for a TE. There are probably other things that could be done too (which includes renegotiating some vet deals, etc).
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 05:30 PM) Like I said, if Melton is an $7-$8 million player, and you have $5 million in cap holds, you have $5 million left for your TE and O-Lineman. That's filler. That's not finding a good lineman and TE, that's finding depth. I don't think that counts Urlacher either. You can change how you spread things out to fit 3 guys. Wow...Manning picked.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 05:29 PM) Haha! Niners suck I've been telling my Niners buddy the whole time I think Kaperneck has a ton of issues and does not make them better this year. We'll see if I'm right on this. Alex Smith played so well for them this year.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 05:24 PM) I'm not certain that the Bears have that kind of cap room. If Melton is say, an ~$8 million player, $5 million in cap holds, that only leaves a couple million for the O Line and TE you want. They will be somewhere near 15-18M free after they cut Hester, Spaeth, and Kellen Davis. That includes Melton at his current rate. They can find a way to get 3 guys in during that situation. I'm not talking about paying a TE 5M per year. There are a lot of quality TEs out there (I'm not looking for a Jimmy Graham...give me a Dustin Keller or Greg Olsen or Finley, etc).
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 03:30 PM) Brian Kelly staying in South Bend. Thank goodness!!!
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 08:37 PM) Hickory you're nuts for not wanting Kelly to continue coaching the Irish. Not only is he a good coach, but him leaving now would destroy everything ND had built the last few years. Who else would replace him? And please dont say Meyer or Stoops because it isn't happening I sure hope Kelly doesn't leave. He's a great coach and will win a title if he stays in ND. I believe that. But I don't blame him for looking to the NFL.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 09:17 AM) I am glad they are doing their homework, but I definitely want to see it come to a close quickly so the staff can be assembled. Although if McCoy is their guy, it will not be quick Thats why I'm rooting for the the Ravens.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 07:54 PM) Youre right. He rated near the top overall among 4-3 DTs, but virtually all of his value was tied up in his pass rushing. He had a great rate ofstopping the run when he had the opportunity, but they noted that he penetrated himself all the way out of the play too often on runs. The lineman they like second most is Idonije, though Peppers still earning high marks. And we play in a division where teams pass (outside of the Vikings, GB/Det do nothing but throw the ball) and we are in a passing league. It is huge to have Melton on this squad. Guy is a monster and he's gotten better each year.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 04:59 PM) depending on how the view SMC, I wouldnt be opposed to this...Izzy can still get to the QB and so can Wootton. If they release Pep its gotta mean they're going to spend some money on the Oline which would make one less need to add via the draft so they can even grab another DE there at some point. I also think Melton could be a big time DE. Releasing Peppers would be a massive mistake. He makes this defense so much better and doesn't get near as much as credit as he should. Unless the Bears are moving him cause they are bringing in 2 all pro offensive linemen, count me out. Bears should be able to add a FA TE (a quality one), plus a good tackle or guard via FA, and resign Melton.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 11:27 AM) The Cowboys replaced Rob Ryan with Monte Kiffin? Did they not watch a single USC game this year? Okay...only thing you are proving is that his defense didn't work in the collegiate game (where he didn't get enough time to coach up players, etc). How can you argue his success in the program (20+ years of it). Guy was one of the best DC's in the game.
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 05:46 PM) Lets see if Iowa can finish this They choked....freaking bummer.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Get better RGIII!!!
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 07:34 AM) Skiles needs to move into the college game. His coaching style would be a way better fit there. He's pretty tough on his players though which may or may not work in the college game. As an x's and o's guy he is one of the better coaches in the game. I also will always appreciate what he did with the Bulls (they were fun to watch with him...especially when you factor in all the years of s*** before he came along).
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 06:56 AM) Melo waited for KG after the game last night... http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id...oss-sources-say Good...KG is one of the biggest douches to ever play.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 07:39 PM) oh yeah, forgot about that Nebraska team. Dumbass Larry Coker showing too much respect for Nebraska. He should have ran it up on NU just like NU use to do to teams. Florida lost to Nebraska years ago (pre BCS) in what was a #1 vs. #1 match-up. I think it was Weurfell vs. Frazier/Phillips and it was a total beatdown.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 05:03 AM) Cheers my friend. She was born on Friday and is sleeping right next to me at the hospital right now. Life is good. Congrats!!!
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 02:31 PM) 99% of the NFL teams would love to have the Niners D. I love watching the Niners. The defense is so fun to watch.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 02:11 PM) They should take out RG3. Cousins can finish off the S'Hawks Looks like the Seahawks believed their own hype There is a little of football left.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 02:10 PM) lol, so its a late hit when a QB, who can barely move, stumbles into a defender and ends up on the ground because of loss of balance? I thought it was. That was a dirty hit that happened well after the play. Maybe i missed it in the replays but it was well after the play had ended.
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 10:39 AM) Disregard this man. Ya...not sure how it got out of hand so quickly.