Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 12:10 PM) Sigh. I really can't remember the last time I saw the Bears put up a consistent, long-duration, multiplay drive. Hard to do so when you constantly ruin momentum. Whether it is calling TO's when you can't get the play in time, having false starts, or the countless dropped balls. Wow...what a move by Jennings to get the 1st down in the red zone.!!
  2. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 30, 2012 -> 12:07 PM) I don't remember it being a serious issue, but it may be, because we keep cutting and waiving him and no one else seems to pick him up. Offense has to put up something here. His fumbles were a very big issue. Whenever I see Bell, he looks good (outside of the fumbles). Lets go Packers. Convert in the red zone here.
  3. QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 25, 2012 -> 07:40 PM) Everyone knew he could defend and rebound. To me, the biggest thing is he's drastically cut his foul rate. I figured that'd limit him to closer to 25 MPG. He's still not a good offensive player, he's a mediocre finisher with a very high turnover rate. His footwork was much improved out there. He actually made a few offensive plays. 20 and 18 is sick.
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!!
  5. Thanks for the memories, hustle, and all around good play AJ. You will be missed but never forgotten as a Sox and for the contributions to the 2005 season. Is Paulie the only member of the White Sox still around from 05?
  6. Balta...I agree with you on MVP. Peterson has been incredible and single-handedly carried that squad. Manning's team was good and made the AFC championship with Tim Tebow. However, Seattle wasn't very good and while they have an elite defense, Wilson has been so impressive and has done so against better teams then Luck has. Additionally, RG III wasn't exactly on a great team. The Redskins have had very little defensive talent stay healthy and have a pretty megshift offense. Shanny has done a great job there.
  7. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 10:39 AM) I disagree here. RG3 and Wilson had better teams around them when they came in. Luck is literally all that team has, for crying out loud they gave up 500 yards to the Chiefs yesterday. Their Secondary is good enough to make Jay Cutler look like Tom Brayd. Luck's only help is Reggie Wayne, and he's literally carried that team. Oh, and for MVP, I'll take Peterson. Again, absolutely nothing around him and carrying the entire load for the team. Wilson has been absolutely crazy. I think Indy has by and large benefited by having a 2-14 schedule. They did have the big win against the Packers but other then that, they've really fluked their way here. I'd say Seattle or Washington could go somewhere and win a playoff game, no chance the Colts do. They are a very bad playoff team. But that isn't to take away from the fact that they are a cool story, etc.
  8. QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 11:01 AM) Ya, I never understood why everyone hates Nate. He's the spark plug the bench needs. Nate is what he is. You use him for a couple minutes and you'll see what sort of night he will have. He can be very productive and very unproductive but as long as you are smart in how you manage it, he's a great option. Say you fall down 15 points, I'd throw Nate out there and see if he could get hot (that has value). But in no way is anyone going to get me to buy into a fact that Nate is playing better defense then Hinrich. Per is such a flawed stat anyway. I'm not saying either are very good but when Rose gets back, Hinrich is the better supporting player. And in no way am I implying Hinrich is good. Hinrich also started brutally but has been coming along.
  9. QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 10:50 PM) Ahem....I think you forgot someone RG III and Wilson have been better then Luck. Doesn't mean they'll win the MVP or that I'd take either of them over Luck long-term, but I'd vote Wilson for MVP.
  10. QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 07:12 PM) It's either that or Green Bay. First round exit either way. No..if it is Green Bay it means Minny won and in that case the Bears didn't make the playoffs.
  11. QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 06:37 PM) The Packers will still have to win to guarantee the number 2 seed if the Niners lose tonight They probably have more to play for now, since they can realistically get the 2 seed. Prior to this, it would have been pretty tough given that the Niners still played Arizona. Now they are in the driver seat for that bye.
  12. Lets hope Seattle loses tonight. Would be nice knowing there are two viable scenarios next week (e.g., Bears winning and at least one of Minny/Seattle) losing.
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 04:49 PM) They'd be conceding the #2 seed to the 49ers for no reason if they did so, unless the Packers/Vikings game gets bumped back to primetime and the 49ers win both this week and next (which probably is a very good reason why the NFL wouldn't put the Packers/Vikings in the night slot) I don't think there is a Sunday night game next week. Bears left a lot of points on the board. Lots of drops and bad throws from Cutler (with open guys out there). I did think Tice called a pretty good game. I still want to see more early screens and a better use of Forte as a receiver (he's such a good one).
  14. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 02:43 PM) It would be nice if Hester actually tried to catch the ball more than half the time. He is worthless. Good riddance at the end of the year. Bears should have traded him when he had value. I said it for years.
  15. QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 10:24 AM) Nate is the best point guard on the team and is a big part of the reason we're atop our division right now. I hope he stays when Derrick comes back too. Wouldn't mind seeing Kirk go, but dumping Rip for a pick wouldn't bother me either. All the complaining about Hinrich yet Hinrich has a strong plus/minus, plays great D, and the shooting percentage has been improving. Nate has been nothing but a black hole most of the time.
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 11:25 AM) Over in the Diamond Club, the main name noted as being dangled is Morales. I heard Scioscia interviewed yesterday. He seemed to indicate one of his outfielders would be gone. Was excited about Morales having a full, healthy off-season. Not that it means anything. He also was mentioning how Trumbo played the 2nd half with an injury (and that was what hurt his production). I love Trumbo. But in no way would the Angels trade Trumbo straight up for Floyd.
  17. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 10:57 AM) Phil Rogers ‏@ChiTribRogers Potential trading partners for White Sox: Dodgers looking for LH relievers (Matt Thornton); Angels for innings-eating SP (Gavin Floyd). Interesting...Mark Trumbo please More likely that they are dangling Bourjo's.
  18. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 05:08 AM) you didnt get banned. But Joe...the owner just axed you. Get the heck out. You were being a troll. You were given 2nd chances. You continue to whine and bicker. Its time for you to take an extended break. This site wasn't built so people could whine and call each other names.
  19. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:40 PM) Shall we attempt to get this thing back on track? Bulls vs Celtics Lakers vs Charlotte. Who has the better chance to win, Bulls or LoLakers? Lakers.
  20. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:23 PM) What am I doing wrong? Jesus said to kill his enemies with kindness, it's right there in Corinthians 26: 16 Suspended.
  21. Your being a jackass too Rzzza. Both of you are. And Steve, just cause someone else would have responded doesn't make it right or appropriate.
  22. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 03:02 PM) I don't believe your figures to be true, and if you want to single me out of the 20 or so posters who call RZZZA a troll because he's a troll, go right ahead. Also, feel free to read more of my posts over the past month or so and more of his posts over the last month or so and get back to me. What I'm saying is, it isn't your job to mod. If you think Rzza's post are stupid, put him on ignore and move on. Having to go through the back and forth bickering that adds no value is pointless.
  23. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:35 PM) Because there's no point anymore. You are a troll. Steve...quit with the stupid posts. Getting sick and tired of all of the nonsense that comes from your keystrokes. Probably 20% of your posts add value. The other 80% are stupid one-liners which aren't necessary.
  24. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:29 PM) Yeah, it was kind of wacky. The Bulls with a 100% D-Rose in the middle of an insane season and a better supporting cast in 10/11 couldn't do it - they aren't doing it this year. For all we know they could have done it last year had Rose not went down.
  25. Chisoxfn replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 15, 2012 -> 12:43 PM) I watched Ted last night, what a disappointment, although I should have expected that from Family Guy's downslide. It might have been better if 80% if the funny jokes weren't in the trailer. Finally someone else who agrees with me. Movie was awful.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.