Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chisoxfn

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chisoxfn

  1. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 03:12 PM) Sprint has me upset. It seems that they now have added a $10 premium charge to phones that use internet connectivity ON TOP OF the everything plans. F*ck the heck? It will be on all new smart phones (4G or 3G). Existing phones will be fine (until you buy a new phone and than you pay that 10 buck surcharge). As a sprint user, I feel it is horribly lame.
  2. It is hard not to like this guy. I really hope he is able to get back from this. His attitude, work ethic, and intensity are amazing. But all of that amazing doesn't matter if you can't stay healthy and be productive. Come on Peavy!!!
  3. I think the easiest would probably be to do it on here and somepone have a set template cause than no one else would need to re-register.
  4. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 04:53 PM) Eh, 1st overall? I know 2006 sucked, but they'd have been better off going with Aldridge, Roy, or Gay at that pick (not that at the time it would have been advocated). Bargnani is one of the worst 1st overall selections in the last 20 seasons. I've bolded whom I think could arguably be considered a worse pick. 2010 John Wall 2009 Blake Griffin 2008 Derrick Rose 2007 Greg Oden* 2006 Andrea Bargnani 2005 Andrew Bogut 2004 Dwight Howard 2003 LeBron James 2002 Yao Ming 2001 Kwame Brown 2000 Kenyon Martin 1999 Elton Brand 1998 Michael Olowokandi 1997 Tim Duncan 1996 Allen Iverson 1995 Joe Smith 1994 Glenn Robinson 1993 Chris Webber 1992 Shaquille O'Neal 1991 Larry Johnson * - Only for injuries Sure, there's time for Bargnani to continue developing, so the jury isn't out as he's only 25, but yes, you could do worse taking a Bargnani first overall, but not much worse. I'd probably say you could debate Kenyon Martin and Andrew Bogut as well.
  5. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 04:28 PM) He is pretty much Luol Deng. Except Deng is a superior defender and far more efficient scorer.
  6. I'll pin this up for those that want to participate. JoeCool, you want to take the lead on this?
  7. Chisoxfn replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    As of this point, caffeine does nothing for me (I can sleep after drinking coke or tea or whatever). However, I hate the taste of coffee. Only kind I can drink are those horrible for you frozen coffee drinks at starbucks/etc, which I might have once a year when someone gives me a starbucks gift certificate which I have no use for. But I love tea. I'll drink it throughout the morning. A nice black or earl gray or even green tea and unsweetened ice tea too for lunch/etc. Pretty much tea replaced soda in my diet and since I don't put any sweetners in it and never put sugar in it I figure its about as good as it gets (antioxidants, some cafeine, but not a ton, and no sugar/artificial stuff).
  8. Image attachement of my accidental doo. The worse picture is the one with me having some hair long and some hair gone. I did learn my widows peak is bigger than I thought, haha. Luckily outside of those areas I still have all my hair.
  9. QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 09:48 AM) I shaved my head in college once just because there was no barber. I look horrible bald. Lots of bumps and moles I didn't know I had up there. That was the one good thing. I have no scars on my head and in general it is very smooth. So I guess I have that going for me. I also learned my parents must not have dropped me too often on my head.
  10. I'll be out there at the end of March.
  11. QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 09:12 AM) Big deal, you beat Indiana...everyone beats Indi......f***. We got a couple quality freshmen on the squad though. In fact, we have the #2 scoring freshman in the Big Ten in Basabe. Fran has done a good job in his first year. Better than I expected to say the least. He's been able to identify lesser recruits that have been able to play a bit (given how many young players they have logging minutes). Still a horrible team, but given how far they've fallen since Alford left town, its nice to have a 2 game winning streak for the first time since Alford (who in and of itself at least had Iowa contending for a march madness path every other year).
  12. QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 09:31 AM) A friend of mine got 2 phones on Verizon and had the second phone use Google Talk exclusively and he ended up getting charged for every minute from his anytime minutes. Has anyone heard of this?? Since Google Talk is supposed to be VoIP... Googletalk will use your minutes. There is a 3rd party app that will use googletalk but allow you to use the network as opposed to your minutes. So it is like an in-between app so to speak.
  13. Wow...so on Saturday I'm cutting my hair. Giving myself a #4 buzz and I started buzzing and realized my razor needed some oil on it. So I take the guarder off, put some oil on it, and go back to my haircut. Take two huge swipes out of the middle and as I do it I'm looking at my hair that has come off thinking, wow, I didn't realize my hair was that long. Than my wife walks in and starts laughing hysterically (literally falls on the ground laughing to the point that it hurts) and I put my glasses on and realize I'm bald as a cue ball (I forgot to put the guarder back on). So now for a couple weeks, I will have no hair.
  14. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 06:33 PM) Wow. I wish sprint had the iPhone. I assume that people will start jailbreaking Verizon iphones and throwing them on the sprint network in no time.
  15. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 05:23 PM) Honestly, I agree with Sprint being the best bang for the buck, by far. I have a family plan with 4 people, unlimited data and text and 1500 minutes and my bill is $156 a month now. BTW, the minutes you use are only to landline phones. Any other mobile phones(even if not on Sprint) do not count against your minutes. I'm on the exact same plan with a 23% work discount. Used to be cheaper when the discount applied to everything instead of just the initial plan (and no the 19.99 for extra phones).
  16. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 01:59 PM) 1500 minutes, unlimited texts, "unlimited" data: $129.99 WHen you talk bang for your buck, Sprint is by far the best DEAL, but I can do ATT, Verizon for cheaper with less minutes and data. I think the question is whether the end users use data & text. If they do and they use a decent chunk, sprints plan is money. If you don't need the data and text than there are other plans out there. Just an FYI, but there are ways to still get ATT Unlimited plans as a new user. Just google it.
  17. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 02:03 PM) Do people really use a lot of actual voice minutes anymore? I do. Now if I had an iphone I'd probalby use the feature where you could make your calls via google talk through the 3g network and just get free minutes that way.
  18. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 02:08 PM) I have unlimited everything with ATT for roughly that cost. That is for 2 phones though.
  19. My family plan works out phenomenal. Not sure how it works for everyone, but I did the math and there is no comparison. That said, I love my new iphone for work. So much that when everything runs out if I can find a way to keep the plans reasonably similar I'd pay a small premium to use it.
  20. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 09:09 AM) For the record, I would LOVE Sprint, just too expensive for my budget. Sprint is by far the cheapest of the big 3.
  21. Dye was nothing but class. I root nothing for the best for him and I can't say he's doing anything wrong here. He is entitled to do as he pleases and he's earned it in his career. IF he doesn't want to play for a minor league contract and would rather retire, that is his choice. I do think he had an unfortunate end to his career. I know he had an awful 2nd half and he could really be done, but his first half was fantastic and he could still have some quality baseball left in him.
  22. ATT has faster data speed, but a pretty s***ty network. I have the Iphone for work (ATT) and my personal phone is on sprint. Sprint blows the living daylights out of ATT from a phone network perspective. ATT dataspeeds are faster, but that does nothing if you have no signal. I've owned Verizon in the fast and they are just too damn expensive for a company that by and large is pretty similar to Sprint. Verizon's network is a bit better but the pricing is through the roof. Verizon does have a larger selection of phones and clearly is the bigger company though.
  23. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 09:18 AM) That would be awesome for Iowa. I saw IU pulled in a great QB in Shane Wynn. Overall not a great day for the Big Ten though. As conference rankings go, the ones outside the SEC get pretty much the same number of top 100 guys, I just think the conference pulled in alot of guys below that. Its funny cause it happens in a year where Iowa has put out its best recruiting class (on paper) in practically forever (the 06 class was pretty hyped but turned into a giant turd). Big 10 struggled to hit on the elite talent though but to an extent I've always felt most of the so called elite talent ends up in the SEC (from a highschool star rankings). Not sure if there is a bias there or not. You can't deny the athletism that the SEC has though. Doens't necessarily make them the better football players at the end of the day though. I doubt Iowa pulls Cy, but that would be pretty sweet news.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.