Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
I knew this was going to happen. Hell I called it a couple hours ago. I'm surprised many are shocked by his decision.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
Ha I called it. I knew he would turn it down. Just heard the news.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
I'm down. Nice little recruiting job.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
Ima head out. I'll still stay tune to the radio. Hopefully when I'm here later tonight there will be good news.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
I believe so yes.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
I said it before, some of you should really eat crow for bashing the original poster on the main site about this deal earlier.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
In a player's eye, that sometimes doesn't matter. I seen players turn down a legit 1st place club for years just to stay with their teams for sometimes family, teammates, money or the city. Everybody is different. Not saying Jake would do that cause he has already stated that he loves Chicago and prefers the Cubs, but just to think he had to talk to Linebrink about the organization and specifically Ozzie had to persuade him originally.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
Thank you. That was all I was saying.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
^^^^^^^^^^^ Really the only thing I can understand him comming here. That option is mad bank for him.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
And still get a no decision in a loss. But I feel alittle more optimistic about it now. He loves Chicago just that "wrong side" always gets thrown around by the mdeia which pisses me off.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
They really love Richard.. I know Poreda is icing on the cake, and those 2 PTBNL (not accurate at all from Ely from what I heard) should be interesting considering they are pitchers. Looks like the Slayer, Flowers, Allen, Shelby, Gartrell, Reterford rumors can now be put to rest.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
He'll still be made in SD regardless. Is going to another s***ty team away from your family really worth it?
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
I HIGHLY doubt Peavy accepts a trade to us. Neither does most Padres fans.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
I'm hearing one of the PTBNL is John Ely though not sure how accurate that is.
-
Sox vs Twins game thread May 21, 2009
Ya it looks like the Twins aren't too happy losing two games against us and wanted to just ass rape us in this game.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
I'll say it again. Some here still should still eat crow for ripping the poster on the main site for originally posting this deal.
-
Sox vs Twins game thread May 21, 2009
If I was Peavy, I wouldn't wanna come here watching this s***ty team.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
Some here still should still eat crow for ripping the poster on the main site for originally posting this deal.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
Some of the stuff many here (including myself) have said in like pages 1-5 is being repeated like pages 15-30. Unfortunitely I found out the hard way. I think it's cool actually seeing this and kinda figured it would happen. Looks like some of you owe that dude who posted the deal on the main site some props. Many here were ripping him.
-
Sox vs Twins game thread May 21, 2009
Wow.. didn't know we were getting our asses kicked.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
Vitters is the only prospect worth a damn in the Cubs system. San Diego is not Pittsburgh. Hendry is not going to rip them off.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
:o P.S. Haha.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I know it'll probably be fixed in the morning, but to say I witness this is pretty cool.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
The "PTBNL" or Player(s)TBNL you have to watch out for. I won't be too giddy if I only see Poreda and Richard as the only listed unless if there's no PTBNL.
-
Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead
It would but I wouldn't rule it out. Remember KW told Gio to his face (and gave him his word) he wouldn't trade him again, then look what happened. It's a buisness. Don't wanna go too far on this speculation though. I'm a big Danks2 fan, he's really improving (cut down his K rate, taking walks, hitting solid shots etc.) But other than Slayer (which I'd really hate) and Flowers (sox brass are insanely high on him; also to note I doubt SD would want Allen since they have a 1B spect) everyone else is up. I'll be sad though if they break up the Dominion boys. All in all... I highly doubt were getting Peavy. Anyone check out his home/road splits?