Everything posted by SoxAce
-
5/6 Games
Or as he likes to call it.. "THE" Pinson Valley.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
This thread might need a bit of a cleanup from all the TT2 haters on here (and even the lovers ) but I'll let it stand we differ on Mr. Thomas, as people differ on Ben Gordon and if he should stay. But baby you better...... DRINK THAT KOOLAID!!
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Didn't know "coulda woulda shoulda" was the same as basically point blank "would not" because no Rose wouldn't be with us. I hope Thorpe puts in some old skool tapes.. or a current nba player, maybe enhance a bit of that IQ of Tyrus' which isn't good (hell Gooden for a similar dumbass actually had some decent moves at times but the damage was done with him on the team) And like I said earlier Steven... you are "full of it."
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
More or less....
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
You beat me to it and we actually agree on everything but Tyrus lol. If LaMarcus was with us, we would not have Derrick Rose. Simple as that.
-
Sox scouts on the lookout for young OF prospects
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank you Jason. Hell look at Broadway's college stats and even when he was in B-Ham. He was a stud. Kid has movement on his pitches, he just isn't as talented as once thought. But McCollugh... ugh, always HATED that pick. He is waaaaaay worse than Broadway. Hell McCollugh probably won't even make it past AA. (or at least "earn the right" to move past there) I'll never forget we coulda had Kurt Suzuki for the taking instead of Lucy.
-
5/6 Games
^^^^^^^^^^^ My cousin went to high school (PV) with him. Brags about him being the best high school player he ever saw (though it's not really known to have that legit of a talent there) and a future big leaguer who he partied with. I do tell him he's gotta you know.. get through the minors first. Though I gotta admit, he'll be the best from that school alumni. EDIT: Oh and I looked it up JPN. It was high school he was drafted.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Per 36 minutes (and remember Stro was considered a bust though he was f***ed up mentally) And I believe this is the Ben Gordon minutes I talked about. Tyrus- 14.2 ppg 8.4 rpg 1.3 apg 1.5 spg 2.5 bpg .451 fg% .333 3p% .783 ft% Stro- 16.0 ppg 9.4 rpg 1.1 apg 1.3 spg 2.5 bpg .469 fg% --- 3p% .725 ft% And to put it in perspective even more... their minutes... Tyrus from age 20-22... 13.4 mpg, 18.0 mpg 27.5 mpg (thank you Del Negro) Stro from age 20-22... 16.4 mpg, 26.5 mpg 22.1 mpg This isn't even mentioning Tyrus had three times as many minutes that were inconsistant (you know playing for 35+ one night, only 10 the other... ah the good ol' Scott Skiles era) Oh and Stro playing basketball a hell of a lot longer in his life (was a stud/highly recruted in high school, whereas Tyrus came out of nowhere after his red shirt freshman year in college, though a weak draft that year) which tells you more how much Tyrus has improved in you know... shooting the ball more than the lazy, just wanna get by on pure athleticism, premadonna Stro. (though again.. had mental issues) This fourth year is really the make or break year for Tyrus. After that year for Stro for some odd reason, at age 23-24, the Grizzlies just gave up on him (tho the only thing he could really do was dunk but was still productive) If Tyrus doesn't step it up even further and be productive, he will have the same fate.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Your face is sick. But you already knew that Alex.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
I would say he's improving pretty well for a guy who really didn't start playing basketball (at least seriously) till his junior year in high school.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
And if you think this is his peek and will not improve anymore in any aspect of his game (which he's done every year even with inconsistant minutes) then your more "full of it" in evaluating the NBA, than I previously thought.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Swift doesn't have nearly as much range nor as good of a stroke for a jumpshot, not to mention been considred very lazy in work ethic. (the complete opposite of Tyrus) I'll just let Tyrus do what he does this offseason. Work on his game as usual, get stronger, perhaps look at tape to get that IQ a "tad" better.. lol (he did have Drew Gooden as a teammate which is never good no matter who you are) let him go nuts, fill up the shat sheet like he usually does, and average in the top 5 in blocks, rebounds and perhaps steals.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Hell at least Derrick Rose/Ben Gordon minutes would be nice. Of course you knew that Joe.
-
Lillibridge the leader to go back to Charlotte
Somewhere is this world Kalapse is doing cartwheels. And then... somewhere in this world, Heads sheds a tear.
-
Lance deserves his own thread
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.
-
5/5 Game Thread ➔ Sox @ Royals
McCulloch was way worse.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
You hated him too Joe.
-
Where is the nightly we suck after we lost thread?
I was on real late, but I'm still on if it gives you any indication.
-
Where is the nightly we suck after we lost thread?
I love you. And the chat.
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
You were never a Tyrus Thomas fan to begin with and have always hated him. The hate he gets from people actually makes me love him more in instances, but even you know Slav (and others) that I loved him since he was drafted (then traded to us. ) Give him Derrick Rose minutes next season and watch him fill up the stat sheet AK47 style.
-
5/5 Game Thread ➔ Sox @ Royals
Ozzie isn't a stats/matchups guy. Hell in alot of ways.. he's an idiot/micromanager. (why Quentin wasn't in RF where he's played his whole career up until last year instead of Pods when JD was out, I'll still never know or get) But I don't mind this lineup.
-
Daniel Hudson promoted...
His best friend and college teammate Dexter Carter shouldn't be too far behind. Infante as well.
-
I had sex with Texsox...
Obama saves the economy.
-
We are literally the worst team ever.
If our offense sucks like this, then I would rather see us go all out on defense. Nix and Lillibridge at 2B and SS respectively is as good (outstanding actually) as it gets. If you can't score, save your pitcher some runs. You put Alexei in CF, and for the love of God you put Quentin in RF. I'm sure Getz can handle LF. (can't be any worse than Pods) Pleeeeeease get well soon Brian Anderson.
-
THE Chicago White Sox vs Texas Rangers
That's the only thing that's gotten my head straight looking up at this year. Noone wants to take the division so far, though Kansas City is better than some think though Greinke will come back down to earth.