Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. Nice AB for Pierre. 6-1 Sox. Nightmare game for the Rockies pitcher Cook .
  2. RBI single by Ramirez. 4-1 Sox. Kotsay has looked good his last couple games himself. Very professional hitter. I didn't know Teahen can bunt..
  3. Fowler = stud. He and McCutchen are beast of a young leadoff hitters in the NL.
  4. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 03:55 PM) He's probably going to wind up hitting #5 unless Teahen has a seriously good start to the season. Otherwise, there's at least 4 righties in a row in the middle of that lineup. Well Ozzie was talking about batting Kotsay 5th yesterday, so I don't think anything is set in stone. I would prefer Kotsay over A.J. in the 5th spot sadly enough. Excellent throw by Alexei.
  5. A.J. I think already has 4 LOB. Shame on whoever it was suggesting him at the 4th spot in their lineups. Leave that man low in the lineup Oz. Quentin showing range in RF.. hmm his natural position and he's got his range from the ol' D-Back/Stanford days out there...
  6. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 03:40 PM) They've become exhibit A as far as baseball's "new" emphasis on speed/athleticism/defense goes. Them and the Rays. Seems both teams are freaks with their athleticism and talent.
  7. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...6373&st=540
  8. I could see the Rockies picking up Hynick again, especially for depth.
  9. I love watching the Rockies. They are my second favorite team, and they got a ton of young players. Fowler, Tulowitski, Stewart, Iannetta, Morales, Jimenez, Street, Smith, etc.. etc.. Like a college type clubhouse they got over there.
  10. Clevelan Santeliz should be interesting to watch in AAA with his control. He's got great stuff, but his control is iffy. Should be interesting to see how more patient AAA hitters fare against him. Santo Luis should also be fun to watch for JPN with his K numbers, though who knows how he'll manage jumping a level.
  11. Rios = en fuego. And it was a 2 out hit (triple).. we need alot of those this season if we fail with less than 2 out. Reminds me why A.J. should never bat at the cleanup. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 03:25 PM) Started a game thread. Well then use your admin powers to put these replies in the game thread you lazy bum.
  12. Very good to hear. Hopefully it wasn't a very serious surgery and more-so, simple reattachment.
  13. QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 11:49 AM) Jake Peavy totaled his car when he was rear ended last night. His only injury was a cut on his neck by the seatbelt. He dodged a bullet. Dude just can't catch a break these last two years.
  14. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 12:58 AM) If I had to predict a line for De Aza for the entirety of the season, if he were to hypothetically play full time, I would guess, based on what I've read and seen and heard about him, that he'd put up a .700 OPS. Something like .260/.330/.370. I don't want that production coming out of my DH spot. Hell, I don't want that coming out of CF, SS, 2B, or C, why would I want it out of my DH? I can dig your post I agree with some of it, though some of it I'll respectfully disagree with. Hell.. it's hard to find PT when you got Coghlan and Hermida (of course he's gone now and Stanton is about 2-3 years away) at the corners and for some reason, they got a hard on for Cody Ross though he was serviceable, but that position is a stop-gap for Maybin of course. I highlighted this part, cause you might have to get used to it. Unless Kotsay finds it, those numbers are close to what he's been putting up the last few years not to mention is a career .281/.336/.413/.750 hitter. I'll hold out on Jones as he's impressed me this spring and could either suck or explode (not to mention take over full time) with his talent.
  15. That stuck out for me. Obviously his velocity has jumped alot since high school from what I knew (and said before here), but adding a cutter to an already impressive slider? If he can harness that, he'll be a hellova prospect to watch in the next couple years (if he isn't already) highlighting our little LHP depth as of right now.
  16. QUOTE (jphat007 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 10:13 PM) Lord have mercy I hope JJ Putz is healthy. I am not a Tony Pena fan. This was Pena's first bad outing of the spring. In fact.. that was his first run given up. It's just bad luck it happened when were televised and he's pitching. I like Pena alot.. and remember I'm one of the few who hated the trade.
  17. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 08:28 PM) And there is evidence of this too in his 2007 season. He walked 6 times in 158 plate appearances. He's going to draw more walks than that, but that's still just flat out awful. That was his first ever call up to the freaking big leagues that year, not to mention he was constantly injured that season (in fact.. he's been injured the last three seasons I believe, not to mention when he's been called up, so he hasn't had a true opportunity. Your being way too harsh on him. Plus I prefer to look at what he did just last season putting up a .300/.370/.506/876 line. Sure it was the PCL, but he has a good history of getting on base. He's stronger than Owens, plays better defense than Owens, has a stronger arm than Owens, but he's slower than Owens. (injures didn't help his legs either) I'm not saying he's gonna be a stud now, but he'd be a great 4th OF right now, and I would say if he settles in the big leagues I could see a .270/.355/.390/750 type player out of him.
  18. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 01:47 PM) A lot more people would be on his ass if he was more entertaining. That's why he can't be entertaining.. Seems like he's not being himself (or confined) after the reports/KW/JR/etc..
  19. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 01:44 PM) What makes you think De Aza would be a good DH choice? I'm honestly curious, I don't know a lot about the guy. He isn't the ideal power guy for me personally, but I'm thinking in terms of what Ozzie likes. He likes speed, versatility, and De Aza will give you a good OBP not to mention he is left-handed which KW mentions we are lacking (albeit power). This guy probably would have been a solid player, perhaps at worst a great 4th OF, if injuries didn't derail his development not to mention he was blocked in Florida.
  20. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 01:18 PM) Meh. His twitter is boring enough. I don't think I'll bother reading the same drivel on two sites. He would be ALOT more entertaining if people weren't always on his ass.
  21. Wouldn't mind De Aza winning the DH job, giving Oz more flexibility in the OF position and more speed, but I highly doubt we do that plus he has his lineup set already. Nice tidbit on Mitchell's character a couple days ago. And "interesting" one on Pierre.
  22. BREAKING NEWS: Brian Campbell done for the year. Broken collarbone, broken ribs, 2nd degree concussion. This really, really hurts the Hawks.
  23. QUOTE (Ranger @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 01:44 AM) It shouldn't piss you off because it has nothing to do with why he is injured. It was an unavoidable, freak accident. Well thats why I said right after that is that you can't control injuries. Happens at anytime really.
  24. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 10:58 PM) Well I don't know what more you can expect him to do. He's not a guy who's going to take a charge, so he's going to stand there and contest the shot. It certainly wasn't anything close to a flagrant or anything. The NBA is a perimeter star's league. Guys like LeBron, Wade, Kobe etc. are the ones who'll get the calls when they go to the basket for ticky tack fouls, not the likes of Howard. It's not like you could play real defense against Shaq in the 90's anyways, because the guy was just so damn big he'd back you down so easily, so the best they could do was flop. That certainly doesn't happen today for Howard (unless you're Pau Gasol). Wasn't saying it was flagrant. Like I said.. didn't mind the foul at all. He could have blocked it into next week (ala Gibson) though, but we'll agree to disagree on that. When your unguardable though.. I guess you have to do anything.Ya Pau is to Howard as Divac was to Shaq..
  25. QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 09:19 PM) like i said, world's about to end. 2012! Agreed.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.