Everything posted by SoxAce
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
QUOTE (Ranger @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 04:21 PM) So, you're saying it's not still early? It's March 8. I'm pretty sure they haven't decided after one spring outing that he has no chance. I know that you say everyone "knows" what his fate was going to be, but to be fair, people always seem to "know" something is going to happen that doesn't. Like people just "knew" that Gavin Floyd had missed his window of opportunity to be a major leaguer and "knew" that his curveball didn't curve anymore. Obviously, neither of those things was true. No it is early.. but it was a longshot he was gonna make the team, unless what I said about him pitching en fuego, and/or the others really sucking which I said before.. BTW.. this is his second or third outing I believe.. has givin up 2+ runs in each outing. And go back to the trade for Floyd. Some liked it.. some didn't. I was the few who liked it since I follow prospects. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 04:24 PM) I felt pretty confident in writing off Cabrera when he went from the Oriole's future ace to the 12th man in the D-Backs bullpen within three years. He has done nothing to prove that he's anything but a thrower with no control. Optimism is fine, but it's not too early to write off Cabrera. It's been pretty clear that this was the direction he was going towards for a few years. Agreed 100%.
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 04:15 PM) I believe Melton just referred to Matt Wieters as "Widger." Yikes. RESPECT THE WIDGE!
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
Jared Mitchell showing bunt.. ugh already learning one thing too many from Juan Pierre.
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 03:58 PM) We're not going to be getting anything out of D-Cab. That's a damn shame. According to Ranger, it's still "early" to ride him out.. though many of us knew.. he was a long shot unless he pitched very well (1-2 era), or Santos, Hudson, Torres, etc.. all had 8 eras which I called a while back.
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 03:41 PM) There's a Tuiasosopo and a Thomas Jones in this game? When did we start Jets/chiefs? I guess I have to find where James means Thomas in the English language.. I know what you meant though.
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
Not a bad throw by Mitchell at all (his arm isn't strong, more-so around average) A.J. just too slow to get the tag across.
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
Linebrink still looking into form. Too bad James Jones isn't batting. Would love to see him hit.. good looking spect. (was a fan of his comming out of the draft)
-
Celebrity Crush
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 03:34 PM) ditzy? I wouldnt say that. No red carpet interviews are all that good. Anyone can come off looking stupid. Thanks for clearing that up. Don't know much about the chick, other than those "sweater cows." Definite cougar though.
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
Nice range Alexei.. gotta make better throws though.. still early.
-
Celebrity Crush
Didn't realize how ditzy she was as a 34 year old. Man she has that "sexual seduction" in her eyes as well...
-
ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
Alex Rios.... :o
-
Celebrity Crush
- Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 02:59 PM) They are 1G 1 Tackle and 1/2 a center short right now. Olin is just about done, and the entire right side could be a hole at this point depending on where Garza ends up. Lets not forget however how terrible of a pass blocker he is as well. We'll see with Olin. While I do agree with you (hell I was the one who suggested we trade Olin for a draft pick and insert Beekman there earlier in this thread) but when a guy has not been healthy for 3 years with his leg, and finally decided to have surgery to be 100%, that might be interesting to see. Garza was our best O-Lineman last year (again.. not saying much) so they can always put a pass blocking G on certain downs too. We regardless need more depth there, I hate our right side on the O-Line (I keep telling myself Omiyale is only 27, and was playing out of position) so hopefully that gets addressed. I'm glad we will have another guy blocking though on most downs. (Manumaliuna) I'm all for trading a 4th for one of those OG too.- Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 02:47 PM) The O-line is just scary right now. I'm willing to give them time as I think they know they have to address it. At least knowing Williams is in LT, Manumaliuna as another OL/TE sort of speak, and Kruetz will be at C (not to mention having surgery, so he'll be healthy for the first time in 3 years) is nice to know though I like Beekman alot at C too. Garza will be one of the G I believe (probably our best O-Lineman last year, though that is not saying much at all), we'll see after that. I don't believe we'll see Omiyale/Shaffer at RT and of course we need another G. QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 02:57 PM) and I have a hard time trusting Brian Urlacher. Even if he does stay healthy, he'll be 32 years old next season, which is of course ancient by NFL standards. Eh.. "ancient" might be a bit of a stretch, but I know what you mean as I keep reminding myself that. But I see soon to be 35 year old Ray Lewis still getting it done, so I'm okay with Brian, not to mention he was injured all of last season, so he'll have fresh legs/body more-so than a guy who was playing all 16 games even with the off-season.- ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
Jared Mitchell sounded like he had another solid day in the morning B game. Another 2 hit game, 2 SB.- ST: Mariners vs. White Sox 2:05 CST
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 02:38 PM) A hit for Alex Rios! We're all saved. A new year.. hopefully a new Rios. Damn you Kotsay. GIDP.- Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 03:41 AM) 3) This is SoxTalk. While we may overvalue people, there are few here afraid to admit players aren't as great as we'd like them to be and just about every player not named James Gordon Beckham is criticized (Ex: The Carlos Quentin). Don't worry. Just like soxtalk, that will certainly change this season. Whether it's the "sophomore slump," his defense at 2B, etc.. there will be a negativity thread of some sort. (same with Peavy) I don't think any (Chicago) player will ever not be called out on this site unless your Thomas/Jordan, minus off-season/management issues.- Official 2010-11 NFL Thread
Max Jean-Gilles and Rob Sims both got 4th round tenders from their respected teams. Both are 26 years old. (Sims started more than Jean-Gilles, though Gilles is just a truck of a human being) Wouldn't be a bad option to take a flier on a proven OG than a rookie in the draft if the Bears went that route, though I personally mixed on that with a strong OL draft. Fans of the Seahawks and/or the Eagles can maybe shed some light on one (or both) of those players. There is a rumor that the Bears are looking into Atogwe, though they have to wait since Atogwe can't pass a physical from having shoulder surgery (not to mention see if they want to pay him so the Rams can't match).- Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 8, 2010 -> 01:37 AM) SoxAce has already made this point earlier last week, and he is right on with the criticism. This is exactly the point I was trying to make, there are way to many areas he needs to work on this offseason. A game like last night's really draw concerns for some people like myself. sure, 34 points and 8 assists really looks nice, but then you take a look at other stats, 0 rebounds, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 0 3 point shots made, 24 fga and only 4 fta. I am not sure who else would be able to pull something like that off except for Rose. This game goes to show you that there are way too many areas that he needs to work on. His court vision is marginal at best, and he had shown little to no improvement in most other areas of his game since last season, that's why I said i was "sick of his game". I dont blame people for having negative response towards my comments, because i am one of the few who would criticize my team's superstar if he performing up to his potential, and i am not afraid to admit that he is not YET as good as some people perceive him to be. Your points were all valid, and I agree with most of them till you said this part.. QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 09:39 PM) it seems that the areas he doesn't do well outnumbers the areas he is good at, and his game has taken a step backward in every department except in scoring and "asserting more leadership" If he doesn't take a big step forward next season, i can see him being the scapegoat of the team's failure. Thats where I strongly disagreed with when I said "think before you post" not to mention being "sick of his game" for horrid reasons. The only reason I asked for Rose to elevate his game in rebounding and boxing out/getting to those long rebounds is because one of the best rebounding bigs in the league is out, (and at that time Luol was out as well) Derrick (and Kirk for that matter) had a poor game following up on what I said (Kirk did his job last game of course). The Bulls are the best rebounding team in the league. Largely due to that of course was when Joakim was playing, so the guards didn't have to worry about rebounding. (not to mention a healthier Luol and of course Taj) Now that Joakim is out, they have to be more responsible in order to have better success especially with the up comming schedule playing against teams over .500. You made a good point about the last few games, cause Derrick was actually doing a better job getting boards when Joakim and Luol were playing (healthy enough to play). Luol isn't healthy right now, and Taj can't do it all by himself not to mention he's also dealing with a foot injury so I can't even blame the 2 banged knees (Brad is ok, but is declining though he isn't that good this season as he was last season albeit a small sample size so Brad is another guy who has to step it up) Kirk has been aggressive when he's playing D/boxing out and that is what Rose has to do better in, though some would say (as is defense) that is more on effort. (he was a machine in the playoffs going up against Rondo in all aspects) Your worry about the defense, 3 point shooting, etc.. will come in time as my earlier post suggest. I noticed Rose had a bit of a post game, which is what I love to see him doing more of as well. Remember, when he came out/was a rookie, we all were saying he needs to start making those open jumpers better/shoot the J better as you can't always drive and he's really, really improved so fast on that. He can easily work on the other two this summer like he has with his shooting. IMO, he doesn't need to be a 3 point machine (hell D Wade isn't a good 3 point shooter either, and Kidd took 15+ years to stroke shots left and right) but that will only create a nightmare from defenses knowing he can make that shot at will further opening driving/passing lanes. As long as he's serviceable, that is fine, but he does need to improve his D, I can't argue that (he should give Paul, Kidd, etc. a call this summer and when he goes improve that.. his steals will go up, though I noticed ever since the all-star game he played, he's been more aggressive in the passing lanes which is why I wonder if Stan Van Gundy or a player or two told him to be, that is just not coincidence) The kid is a serious stud. Find him 1-2 more players who can actually shoot the god damn ball/develop an ol' big type P&R (Nash/Amare, Paul/West, Williams/Boozer, etc.. etc..) he'll probably be a 20(25)-4(5)-8(9) guy in time though IMO, his scoring will drop as he'll be distributing more (assist go up) which is what I'd want regardless. He is so unselfish (LOVE him and Noah for that), though at times I wish he got alittle more selfish in his game all around. (hell he's only scoring this year cause he HAS TO in order for the Bulls to win) I can't really argue the getting to the line, as I said.. the refs just don't give him those calls, but he did say yesterday he's going to take a different approach on that, so we'll see. I'm also sick of hearing about the leadership role from him as well (he's naturally quiet, he can lead by example on the court) but I'll save that discussion for another day.- Looking for Help
QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 11:19 PM) G, It doesn't matter what time you wake up, just is important to eat as soon as you get up. This signals to your body that it is time to start metabolizing again because you are awake and will be providing nutrition again, after fasting during your sleep period. If you don't eat at all, your body will continue to slowly metabolize because there is no new nutrition coming in. Nice to know. Thanks Mark. I'll do what I've been doing then.. though I will try and still wake up a bit earlier. Hopefully I can find some new exercises to do, as I'm tired of doing the same s*** every week.. Luckally walking/running for 60 minutes helps.- Looking for Help
QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 09:58 PM) I've found that breakfast is really important for weight loss, it gives your body the energy it needs to maintain fat burning/muscle building. If I skip breakfast, I'm less likely to lose weight than if I eat it in the mornings. Wow.. no s***. I have not eaten breakfast at all since I started my workout in January. I've lost 25 lbs (gained about 2-3 this weekend though from eating burgers/chicken fingers/hooters wings.. ) I never eat breakfast (usually wake up later/noon anyways) I usually don't eat much, which helps, but I do eat alot hungrier, which is bad. I've kind of plateaued this past week though. Ima have to wake up a bit earlier and try this though. Perhaps workout earlier as well and do alittle running during the night. I've already gotten compliments/notices from family and a couple friends. Can't wait to show off the new me in 2 weeks and to some of the ladies..- The 2010 DH Slot -- What it is, what it isn't
QUOTE (Ranger @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 08:08 PM) You're looking at it the wrong way. The idea is that the DH spot in the order, along with the rest of the lineup, can produce 15+. I was talking about a rate of 15 HRs per 162 game season. Thank you for clearing that up. I agree with that. He's done it 3 times, and like I said, has not done it in about 5-6 years when he was in his prime. The word capable is stretching the reality of things (if he gets 600+ PA, with a smaller park.. he could but thats IF he gets the abs.. and if I were a betting man.. I don't think he will) Hell Gavin Floyd is "capable" of throwing a no hitter every time he takes the mound with his stuff. Doesn't mean he'll do it (or ever do it) ala Mark Buehrle, who anyone here can say.. noone ever thought he would throw a no hitter, nonetheless, a perfect game.- The 2010 DH Slot -- What it is, what it isn't
QUOTE (Ranger @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 12:34 AM) Keep in mind that everyone in the lineup, except Pierre, is easily capable of 15+ homeruns apiece Meh.. I dunno about Kotsay either even in a smaller park (which I wouldn't want him hitting homers anyway, more-so being the gap to gap hitter he's been in his career) perhaps if he gets 600+ PA, probably, though I doubt he will if he and Jones are sharing the duties. I don't think he's hit 15 in what 5-6 years.. Wouldn't want him to though like I said.- Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
I hope Derrick learned alot from Jason Kidd in this game for the future. Kidd is what Rose should be/projected to be as a pure PG. A "consistent triple double threat every game" type player (though of course he's the much better shooter/scorer). He's D-Wade 2.0 right now which is good, and hopefully when he gets shooters/better players next season we will see his assist go up, and hopefully he can improve his D this summer and his 3 point shooting. I LOVE how he got a post game going tonight as well against the other PGs. Hope to see more of that from him. Would like to see him rebound a bit better like Hinrich has been doing, but he is the least of our problems. Kirk and Luol have got to be better at showing up game in game out. Vinny is such a terrible coach, but I'm sure we all knew that. JJ was fantastic tonight, and of course he plays little minutes. Whats up with the above post BTW? Geez man think before you post.- 2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 02:09 PM) I don't wish ill will on anyone, but this dude is just a walking disaster. Does he actually work out to try and avoid such frequent injury? Look at his body. He does not have what you would call a "baseball body." In fact, he is very disproportionate from head to toe, but the man can get on base when healthy. - Official 2010-11 NFL Thread