Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
:lolhitting For a guy who has not played a single game for us, Teahen is quickly becomming one of my favorite sox players already.
-
Happy Birthday Steve9347 & La Marr Hoyt HOF!
Happy B-Day guys. I hate and love you Steven.. :wub:
-
2010 Minor League Catch-All Thread
BA had a nice prospect chat with Jared Mitchell today. I just submitted a question to Jared as it is still going on I think. Hopefully he can answer it, but I'm not holding my breath...
-
Baseball America top 100
I like the list. Glad to see my boy Trayce Thompson getting some love though I'm shocked Clevelan Santeliz is that high on the list.
-
Competitors for the open bullpen slot
QUOTE (scenario @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 05:46 PM) Santos making huge strides on the mound (mlb.com article) I'm anxious to hear about Sergio Santos' development this spring. If they can harness him in a little, he could be really really interesting. He was rated as having the second best fastball in the Arizona Fall League... only behind Strasburg. Well.. he's out of options. So the sox are going to give him every opportunity to make the big club, because they like him alot. I wouldn't be surprised if it was another Masset/Wassermann situation as far as Masset making it cause of the no options reason. We'll see who pitches well in ST. (ala the "Wassermann" guy)
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 02:28 PM) Spring Training Invitee. Switch-hitting power bat who couldn't cut it for the Rangers. He was once a big time prospect. He was dicked around with the Rangers, though who knows how his "psyche" per say is.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 04:01 PM) He's been in America for 2 years, how the hell do you find a year to year pattern from that sample size? Well... it's two years Kalapse. There you go. If he goes back to his 08 stats in discipline then you can comment on it/bump this thread back to me. But as of right now he's improved.
-
How do you feel about the Designated Hitter?
I like it, but Ozzie makes me hate it.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 03:24 PM) I'd be willing to bet that, all things considered, Rios and Teahen both put up better offensive numbers in 2010 than Alexei does. Agreed completely. And I like Alexei as he's improved his discipline (and SB) each year. QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 03:07 PM) I understand resting players, but by no means should this scenario end with Vizquel at designated hitter. It's ridiculous and of course it's Ozzie. Having a stud defender (still) at DH in games for his bat??? Ugh....
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:22 PM) Who knows. Women. There's your answer. Like I said a few pages ago, if any guy out there can truly understand a woman, he would write a book by now, and be a billionaire. As the general rule Woman=Confusing creatures. Men=Idiots. That is what both sexes can always agree on.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 09:09 PM) Very interesting. Both guys are said to be taking time off after Mania and the way they are building it up already, I would be cool if Shawn broke the streak. I originally thought that Taker should retire as undefeated at Mania, but screw that. I still hope Taker retires undefeated. I would love for that to be a great record/history moment for him and the WWE. Plus, he's one of my favorite wrestlers growing up so....
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 08:24 PM) Deng has annoyed me a lot this game too just jumping into people on offense. He's made me realize he is not a good long term fit to build around Derrick Rose. The selfish mentality, trying to "get his" not to mention he is what we call "an assist killer." Rose and Noah are good next year. I love Taj's game (starter material or bench guy I'll let others debate that since I have my own opinion) and I like JJ though I think the Bulls would rather have him develop elsewhere next year IMO. Unless we are getting Wade (which can help me stomach Deng as the third option if he accepts that, since Wade is also very good at passing the ball) I hope he's gone. He's pissing me off more than Kirk now-a-days and that is not easy to do. Flip gets to me with his lackluster defense too.
-
Garfien: Sox made serious play for Halladay
Loved KW's face speaking about it on CTL/Sportsnite earlier.. I was thinking I wouldn't care about the rotating DH if we had that rotation but wite is right.. better served we struck out on Roy. Plus, I still don't completely trust Freddy, and think Hudson will have a bigger role with us than most people here think. The thing I found interesting is that Garfien said KW actually told him, "they got him" but the sox didn't have the money to give him an extension so they didn't finalize it.
-
2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 03:29 PM) I think i'm going to enjoy Mark Teahen this year. Can't wait to see him in-game. He was my pick to have a big year. I still hope he and Beckham can get alittle high 5 thing going in Chicago though.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 11:34 AM) I think Andrew Bynum has the most potential at the center position. He's a gigantic human being like Shaq, and has fantastic skills for a 22 year old. Oden has the same kind of potential, I just don't know if he will ever be healthy for 50+ games a season. Bynum has also been hampered with injuries himself (though some of those were just freak injuries) so he's another guy who could have been better. Centers just have a much shorter time span in the NBA. Thats why guys like Shaq, Robinson, Ewing, Abdul-Jabbar, Chamberlain, Russell, Olajuwon, Duncan, etc.. are so great. Howard has a chance. Dude is build like a rock, but we'll see how long that body last 10-15 years from now. Bulls riding a 4 game winning streak against another winnable team in the Wizards tonight. What is more encouraging is that we are finally beating the teams were suppose to beat, and not playing down to the competition like we had been.
-
AAP: Jeff Marquez
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 03:18 PM) Would you put Marquez before or after Hynick? Now, that Ely is gone i think it's pretty fair to say that it's Hudson, Torres, Hynick, then Marquez. As of right now.. I agree 100% Hell at this point, I would put Wes Whisler over Marquez. I mean the guy was BRUTAL last season. But if he can have a good year, his potential is higher than Hynick and Torres. IF he can have a good year.
-
AAP: Jeff Marquez
With our lack of pitching depth, if he has a good year he can easily be the #2 pitcher called up after Hudson... perhaps #3 if the sox like Torres alot as well.
-
Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD
Sweden officially wins by less than 6..
-
Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 01:33 AM) I'd be shocked if it's not Luongo the rest of the way. Brodeur was struggling recently headed into these Olympics, and they don't have time to wait for him to get his crap together, especially since his backup is probably the best goalie in the wordl right now and double especially since it's lose and you're out now. The best goalie in the world right now was in net for the USA. Even looking at their numbers this year, it isn't even close.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 22, 2010 -> 12:31 AM) I think Dwights in his 6th year actually, and you're assuming he'll play until he's 40. He very well could, but that's so long from now. Many things can happen. Agreed. Hell if Oden wasn't made of glass, who knows how good (or better) he would had been compared to Howard. Shaq was the most dominant center I've ever seen in my life. Regardless of what Howard does, IMO, he will never be as scary as Shaq was in his prime. I still think Howard will get a ring or more, but who knows how long hes got to dominate (Shaq was what 35 when he won with Miami?) Whose to say there isn't a dominant center we might see in 3-5 years down the line. Oden was suppose to be that guy, but injuries have really killed him. I thought Derrick Rose was gonna be the most athletic PG to come out for like 10+ years (still could be actually) and now you got a guy like John Wall comming, who could be even more athletic. You just never know what can happen in the future.
-
Olympics: Vancouver 2010 OFFICIAL THREAD
Ryan Miller is a friggin stud. Has been all year. And I love seeing Kesler hustle and stick it to Vancouver/Canada with the last goal. When USA celebrates, they get me giddy. Rafalski... something has gotten into him. Unreal game to watch. USA! f*** Canada!
-
Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC
Which is why if it doesn't work, I hope Ozzie is held the most accountable for this. Though I know this site is split in half with him and KW in that regard.
-
Who will hurt us more?
QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 03:32 PM) Mauer still ain't going nowhere but Minny or NYY. Ya I was saying hypothetically of course.
-
Who will hurt us more?
QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 03:10 PM) Interesting idea. But I think we're fine with AJ (yes, he's not Mauer, but he batted .300 and threw out more runners last year, once our pitchers started holding them on first better - plus AJ comes with many intangible benefits), I'd rather keep our prospects, and I don't want to solve the Twins 3B problem ;-) Green means sarcasm. And your utterly insane if you would not give ONLY that for Joe Mauer. Hell I would gladly take Victor Martinez over A.J. right now and it's not even close. If Flowers shows something in ST or in AAA this year (especially with his discipline) then he will be exciting to watch. Reminds me alot of Mike Napoli if he puts it together.
-
Buehrle or Peavy on Opening Day?
Man they announced that very fast. Just barely getting in shape to throw..