Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 03:04 PM) Yeah kittens are impossible to not like, but you just want to throw them out the window sometimes. No.. I hate cats. And I used to have one back in the day.
  2. I can't us landing AGon in any way (esp. with other teams playing the field here) without Hudson being involved in any deal FYI.
  3. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 03:44 AM) Ya, I just got back to Chicago from school late tonight. I was planning on getting home somewhat early so I can go out tonight but Chicago traffic and snow kind of killed my plans. So day drink tomorrow. Sounds like a plan to me. :cheers
  4. SoxAce replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 03:29 AM) I'm sober on a Friday night in 2009? Hard to believe. I'll probably be sober next Friday as well (Christmas.. family) so pretty much from Thursday/Friday (New Years Eve and Day) I should be good. Then again.. I had a few beers with the cousins last year for X-Mas watching football, so who knows.
  5. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 08:46 PM) I think he'll fit in fine there. It's a place with less media scrutiny, the fans are a bit more laid back, and they should be a playoff contender. I think it's a very nice risk for Seattle. Indeed. Reminds me of Bradley with the A's and he was very liked there actually. (Bradley still says that was the best clubhouse he's ever been in) I remember Big Frank loved him. That's why I said he'll fit there nicely, especially in "Griffey's clubhouse."
  6. QUOTE (WCSox @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 04:23 PM) Hudson is also only 22 years old. Danks was of similar age in 2007 and, despite throwing 156 and 140 innings in the minors over the previous two years, he went through a dead arm period in late 2007 and was so ineffective that they shut him down. I imagine that Hudson would experience similar fatigue issues if he were asked to throw 190+ innings next year. Agreed. Hudson was also pitching in A, AA and AAA with basically no pressure, and getting hitters out consistently with a low pitch count (I remember seeing his pitch count average was 91.3 but I gotta double check) You don't have that wear and tear in a full MLB season where players are alot more patient and selective at the plate. He also pitched mostly out of the bullpen here.. a much different than starting.. seeing those same hitters more than once. Huddy is gonna be a good one.. but I wouldn't rush the reins with him just yet unless he really shows something in ST and/or Freddy pitches really terrible/gets injured.
  7. Hjalmarsson out tonight (sick), Bickell recalled. Niemi will start in goal.
  8. Might be the best thing to happen for Bradley. He'll be a saint in the Griffey clubhouse. Got a couple brothers there to talk to as well. Can't see a downfall to this deal at all for the Mariners. Not that this made them any different, but I was going to pick them to win the West regardless. Yes the Cubs got raped in value, but freeing up 6 million in cash (which they can use in FA) to trade Bradley (getting 9 million back from the Mariners) is very good for them.
  9. Not a bad guy to look at. Our scouts so far have done pretty well scouting Cuban prospects for the most part. (jury still out on Viciedo)
  10. The spect lover in me wants Hudson to somehow get it, or handle the rest of the reins with it (ala McCarthy) later on in the season. But it makes the most sense to start Freddy until as some said.. he doesn't pitch as good as he did last season. I'm just glad we have the depth.
  11. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 01:15 PM) Great arm, hopefully they can help him find the strike zone. Bingo. He's pretty much in the same boat as Sergio Santos, cept he has more MLB experience. Coop... start fix'n him!
  12. QUOTE (chisoxt @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 04:19 AM) What makes more sense, to me, is to involve a third team and explore dealing Mark Buehrle. This way, whoever gets Mark surrenders the prospects to SD, we free up $14 million in salary, and we get something for a great pitcher, but one whose skills may be in decline. There's a couple who have said it on this board, and some analyst out there and I'll just echo their statements. We will NEVER get the kind of return that we should for Mark Buehrle. And if Mark Buehrle is ever traded (or left in whatever way)... I'd probably be alot more pissed (or pretty much ever) then when Frank left us.
  13. QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 11:16 PM) This is awesome: http://www.bearfansunited.org/ I guess Bears fans are pretty ticked off Damn... I know we are crap.. but we aren't the Lions/Browns. I feel for Cleveland at least.
  14. Jesus Steven.. drop the f***ing subject already. You already made your notion known plenty of times in this thread. Most of the stuff you said... many can't argue (and I agree with alot of it), and some of the stuff you said is bulls*** your spilling. You hate the guy, your glad he's gone, fine. BTW, I have yet to see one poster who said Chris Henry wasn't a thug or a holy saint.
  15. Meh.. were all gonna die in 2012 anyways so...
  16. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 10:33 PM) I basically compared Hinrich to Steve Blake in the off-season when Portland had their cap room, and was shot down by Bulls fans on this thread (or last year's), that I was severly underestimating Hinrich's value, especially on the defensive end. But for that contract, unless he's starting (which he isn't), he's certainly not worth it. I remember that. I was one of the few who agreed with you cause well.... I always hated Kirk Hinrich. I hate Hinrich as much as Zoom, Steve and Slav hate Tyrus.
  17. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:31 PM) And you knew him then? I didnt hear ANYONE sound emotional about him so far. The owner and coach of his own team couldnt even bring up any stories at all of how the guy was good other than some stories about ridiculous catches. They said more negative stuff about him than positive IMO. When you havea bunch of people having a hard time talking about your actual contribution to society its usually not a good sign. On top of that, the guy died trying to chase, break into the car of, and possibly injure the mother of his children. Its a bad thing that he died, but shedding a tear is a little much for that guy. Did I say I did? I was bringing up stuff he did this season as far as the whole media stuff. I already said he was a thug (geez people read the god damn post) that only THIS SEASON he decided to give a damn and was at least a loyal father (something you never see from "gangstas.") Someone put up what Chad Johnson thought about it. Why don't you click that then get back to me Rock (there's your one guy for "anyone"). Again.. I never liked Henry, but pretty much what shack said sums it up perfectly as far as my regard.
  18. QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:25 PM) Ok. I apologize in advance to all those I am about to offend. I'm not going to be as heartless as Steve here, but let's keep things in perspective. This guy was chasing his fiance out of the house and then diving into the back of a moving pickup truck as she tried to get away from him. He was then reportedly beating on the rear window, apparently trying to break in to either assault her more, or scream at her, or who knows what. What if he had a knife? Or a gun? What if he threatened to kill her? We honestly don't know the particulars. If there is one thing that we should have all learned from the Tiger Woods debacle is things may not be what the initially seem. Before anyone starts canonizing this guy, or vilifying the guy, we should probably wait for more of the details to emerge. One thing I do know, is that we all like to forgive and forget all the bad things someone has done in their lifetime when they die, while as they live, we all feel free to judge and mock them all we like. If he had not been seriously injured, we would all be laughing our asses off at what a fool and an idiot Chris Henry is. If this was some random person, we would probably be doing it even if the guy did die. So while I don't necessarily think saying the guy "got what he deserved" is a particularly tactful thing to say, I think all of us participating in some mourning session because of the family he left behind is very disingenuous. Well said shack. See Steve, if you said something like this, you probably don't get ripped on.
  19. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:20 PM) C'mon Gerry, you know you love the tactic!
  20. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 04:16 PM) You know, up until yesterday. Ah the ol' "Ignore what was written in the entire post *(not counting of course this tragedy)* ordeal." Gotta love it.
  21. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:01 AM) LOL guys, come on. Not only was he a POS who had anything he wanted if he just applied himself but f***ed up all the time, but he also JUMPED INTO THE BACK OF A PICKUP TRUCK THAT WAS SPEEDING AWAY. What a f***ing moron. You don't know him bro. The guy was trying to turn his life around, and kept his name out the news this entire season than in the past. (not counting of course this tragedy) Obviously when you see his teammates/friends being emotional you know they care about the guy then what is portrayed in the media. You never heard about anything to do with him as a father to his kids, but of course that gets overlooked. He was (is) a thug, but the guy actually gave a damn (really played well this year, and was involved in more charity events than usual) and was a loyal father. To be honest, his wife is probably worse than he is. I would like to hear how he "fell" out the truck and the whole domestic dispute mostly. Again though... you don't know him.
  22. As of right now... 1. Pierre, LF 2. Beckham, 2B 3. Quentin, RF 4. Konerko, 1B 5. Pierzynski, C 6. Rios, CF 7. Ramirez, SS 8. Kotsay/Jones, DH 9. Teahen, 3B What Ozzie wants.. (again as of right now) 1. Pierre, LF 2. Ramirez, SS 3. Quentin, RF 4. Konerko, 1B 5. Pierzynski, C 6. Beckham, 2B 7. Rios, CF 8. Kotsay/Jones, DH (if we get someone else.. he'll be hitting cleanup) 9. Teahen, 3B He wants Beckham hitting alot lower which is what NSS was saying, though Rios will not sniff hitting 8th-9th in the lineup (Ozzie doesn't want a 10 mil player hitting low in his lineup) and even 7th is a stretch for me (I see Alex hitting 6th, though if he has a good spring.. 5th). Hopefully A.J. hits lower which is beneficial to him and the team.
  23. I admire Baltimore's competitiveness, but that is alot of cash for Mike Gonzalez.
  24. QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:28 AM) I always liked Osuna. I remember him getting Sosa swinging in a critical situation in a crosstown game. He had a great 2002 with us. I don't understand the hate either. I can understand some guys who people just never liked even if they were productive (or semi) offensively (Like Valentin, Jimenez, etc.. etc..) but this guy besides the little stint before 02, was very good for us for the one full year he was here, and he was traded. (didn't leave as a UFA, asking for loads of $$$$) I was baffled when I saw Damaso Marte's name mentioned.
  25. This is going to be a very interesting year for Ozzie. Hypothetically if the sox do go through with this DH rotation, this is by far the most "National League" team he will probably ever have, which is his style entirely. He's got his bunters, more hit and run options, more overall speed, little better defense (some we will know for sure, more than others), etc.. IMO, if he doesn't win with this team this comming season (the team he wanted all along with "his" guys through trades/resignings) then he should be in either the very heavy hot seat (going into next season) or he should be fired. (I'll assume we will see more "Fire Ozzie" post like these on the board if we suck again.. it is soxtalk) QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 12:16 AM) Sox Sunday lineup time... L Pierre CF R Vizquel 2B L Teahen 3B R Quentin RF R Rios DH L Kotsay 1B R Ramirez SS R Jones LF R Random Sucky Guy C Woo Hoo! Now this.. I can actually see...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.