Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Kenny Williams interview
QUOTE (Reddy @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 01:14 PM) Ugh, to me Danks is untouchable. I think his ceiling is much higher than Floyd's. Agreed. Danks upside IMO is much higher than Floyds though I know Jason and some other big Floyd fans will disagree.
-
Sox will not offer arbitration to Dotel, Dye, Pods or Castro
Well... at least we know at after all these years Chris Rongey does exist ey Chris?
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Also a congrats to Joel Quenneville for netting his 500th career coaching win. (only 13 other NHL coaches can make that claim) Glad he did it coaching this historic franchise. :cheers
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:57 PM) Hair testing is very expensive from what I hear, so unless it's a gov job, it's probably the 'wizz quiz'. It is different in some job requirements. Usually it's for more money jobs (or military in general), but I've personally seen some companies from friends who work downtown (or maybe it was in Indiana) who actually required a hair sample (or sometimes tested for both I believe). Now I honestly can't remember their specific pay, but it wasn't THAT good all in all.
-
Comments Thread - 50 Fav Rock Acts
QUOTE (Cali @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 10:44 AM) Big shock, I was one of the four without the beatles on my list: 1. Bright Eyes 2. Jimmy Eat World 3. Alkaline Trio 4. The Killers 5. Manchester Orchestra 6. Green Day 7. Death Cab for Cutie 8. Alice in Chains 9. Weezer 10. The Dillinger Escape Plan 11. Thrice 12. Dredg 13. Every Time I Die 14. Machine Head 15. Nirvana 16. Soundgarden 17. Thursday 18. Angels & Airwaves 19. Muse 20. The Gaslight Anthem Haha Alkaline Trio. I HATE that band, but my best friend loves them so I try to tolerate them when we are out partin up. I like Jimmy Eat World and Thursday though.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:48 PM) He doesnt know, they just told him that they would send him a packet of info on nearby places to go for testing and that its a 24 hour policy after receiving the package. If he is peeing in a cup, he should be fine. Now if he was getting a hair sample, normally I would advice to tell anyone to shave their arm-pits and get a military style fade to have little hair on him (or whoever) as possible. But since he's only smoked one time as your saying, I highly, highly doubt it is that extreme to go through all that. Like I said earlier Cranberry juice or green tea and he is good to go. But if he wants to be on the safe... safe side, just buy some cleansing pills (or take both) and drink water for the reminder of the day. Speaking from experience for a long time, I know (or used to in my case now) how to nail down these tests. I used to work at Jewel which required a drug test (theirs was the cup) and that was during my extreme stoner days. Pass that with flying colors.... or perhaps thats what I was looking at after I took the test.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 01:52 PM) So this may seem weird but does anybody know any detox methods for weed? A friend of mine just got a job offer a week ago and is worried about a drug test (and yes, it really is a friend). Any safe, proven methods? Kinda funny it was his first time doing it then got the offer (im guessing this helps with only a little bit in his system). Cranberry juice does wonders, or they do have cleansing pills at a local Walgreens/grocery store as well or an enchanted green tea of some kind can help as well. Are they doing hair samples or is he peeing in a cup?
-
The Tiger Woods Marriage Saga Thread
QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:25 PM) Allegedly. 'Years' is the key word here. Show me a hott chick and somewhere nearby is a guy who is tired of banging her. Just because you drive a Porsche doesn't mean you'd turn down a free ride in a banged up Impala. Should I go on with the tired cliches? That was outstanding.
-
Barry Bonds
QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 02:11 AM) You do realize how old he is, don't you? Why would you want this guy on our team at his age? I just can't understand it. I mean I want Dick Allen back on the team. But the Dick Allen of 30 years ago. I take it you weren't a fan of the Vizquel signing....
-
Rock and Roll HOF Nominations out
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 11:58 PM) Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five got in - in 2008. RunDMC went in this past year. The Hall is trying to bring in hip-hop fans. Run is probably the only influential rap group anyone can make a case for. I don't mind them getting in especially considering they helped change the complexion of hip hop and rock n roll together. I love Flash, LL, etc.. but unless my memory is very hazy about LL, I don't even remember him collaborating with a rock n roll artist much less having any kind of influential mentions in the past. Hell, at this point I hope RHCP gets into the Hip Hop HOF as well. Anthony Kiedis rapping in a song is better than half these jackasses out right now.
-
Rock and Roll HOF Nominations out
QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 06:52 PM) Um, LL Cool J? Never thought of him as Rock N' Roll. But, ok. I was just about to say that. Hip hop HOF... sure.. first ballot. Rock n Roll? WTF is that s***? I never heard of Abba, so I youtube'd them. Felix wtf are you listening to?
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 11:25 PM) Unless the Cubs completely fall apart, they aren't going to be tied with the Sox for relevance. I can't see that happening under new ownership. Not to mention if the Bulls get a Wade/LeBron/Bosh in FA next year and depending if the Hawks can actually get the role players figured out (or Brian Campbell's contract) and who knows if the Bears will fire Lovie/Turner/Hamilton. I would say the #1 and #2 is up for grabs as you really can't say as of right now. As far as bias, the sox are always #1 in many people's hearts including myself. I just can't see the Bears ever being #5 in this city unless their personel does absolutely nothing this offseason as far as these coaches and perhaps the higher rankings (GM, etc..).
-
Comments Thread - 50 Fav Rock Acts
Gwar got robbed.
-
Mark Teahen is a quality human being
He is a very good guy from all accounts. He will fit in very well in the clubhouse with the guys. Congrats to him. BTW I still love that high five video.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
I gotta say it was nice to see Rose really aggressive in his offensive game (in the 4th quarter especially) which is good to see in the future. It was a very nice battle between two talented young PG in Rose and Jennings. The only peeve I still got with DRose is he's got to take that last shot. (GT or GW) I know he has the pass first PG mentality which is fine, but he doesn't have his Batman yet (or Robin) to go to. I'd rather have the Bulls lose with the future taking it in.
-
Comments Thread - 50 Fav Rock Acts
Outstanding work indeed Jeremy. We should keep doing this with other music areas for other ST posters to perhaps get involved with their style of music. Looks like I got 10 or 11 on my list that made it. I guess I have some decent taste in bands with some fellow posters. I wonder who the 4 people are, who didn't have the Beatles on their list.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 04:01 AM) First full 9 seasons, who's who? .334/.427/.628/1.055 366 HR 387 2B 811 BB 570 K 172 OPS+ .320/.439/.581/1.020 337 HR 350 2B 1144 BB 781 K 168 OPS+ It's easy enough to figure out, but considering Thomas was entering his post-prime seasons after the huge offensive explosion with only one huge year between 98-02, it's amazing the first 9 years he had and the career he had. I said it in the Thomas HoF thread, and I completely stand by the thought that he was the top right handed hitter of the 1990s, the second best offensive threat of the 1990s, and I'm sure I could come up with some type of argument as to why he was the best pure hitter of the 1990s too, but I'm drunk and tired. For more fun, consider Thomas's seasons before 1998... .330/.452/.600/1.053 257 HR 246 2B 879 BB 582 K 182 OPS+ Suck on that, Pujols! Your waaaaaay late to the game homie. (Post #607) But since you like to point these things out to boost your self esteem and maintain your outstanding intelligence, and to give the good drunk rant stuff to a tee with that extra year added on from ya in your stats, I will let you have this one Blake. Of of course I believe Kalapse or qwerty or Cheat said that even before me back then.
-
jack cust?
QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 04:01 PM) Nick Johnson wont be cheap. Obviously an upgrade over Cust, but what we're talking about here is two open positions and minimal dollars to spend (from what we're hearing from the Sox) Now if they cut ties with Jenks things could be interesting....but we'll see. No doubt, but I was saying if he was a couple to a few mil more even given the injury issues, I'd rather have him than Cust. But of course, unless the sox feel Tyler needs a bit more AAA time (which I believe they do at the moment) then I would rather have Tyler rotate at the DH/C spot with AJ and put up Cust line from last year which I believe he could do and will probably K less and give you a higher average with the power. (though he probably won't walk 93 times his first year but he'll balance out all in all) This is all hypothetically speaking of course. I still think KW has someone up his sleeve and we might see something at the winter meetings.
-
jack cust?
I like Cust, he would probably hit 40+ bombs here with his massive power and he'll still be a "young" 31 with his 3 years in the MLB as well (he's good for 100 BBs .370 OBP and as Balta and others said in the past, if a guy is jacking 30+ bombs and is walking 100 times, Ks should not be that much of a pet peeve), but I'd rather just sign Nick Johnson (who will hit for a much higher average and give you the same production and K less.. pretty much a rich version of Jack Cust) and pray that he stays healthy OR just give Tyler Flowers a chance (who imo can put up Custs .240/.356/.417/.773 line at the league minimum easily) and have him catch a good amount of games and DH. I actually have confidence in Tyler if Ozzie doesn't give up on him if he struggles early on. Then that can allow the sox to rotate the DH spot with AJ and Tyler. Just looked at Cust's numbers.. what is alarming is his numbers seem like they are declining so maybe I will just advocate Tyler/Nick in that case.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I blame the gingers.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 07:27 PM) Time to get Jarron Gilbert some playing time. Also when does Gaines Adams report to the Bears? Hopefully we do see that as Jim Miller was saying. I want to see if the Bears have some sort of future now. The Gilberts, Iglasias, Moores, etc.. all need to play and I wanna see Chris Williams move back to his original position (aka the area he was drafted at) of LT. Hell even freaking Omiyale who is a natural RT I believe to see if he sucks less. We need to see these guys on the field more. BTW I dunno what it is about Vince Young, but that guy keeps winning games when he's at QB. Titans went from 0-6 to now I believe 5-6. Bears could take lessons sometime.
-
Red Sox/Marlins Talking Hanley Ramirez?
Theo has been trying to get Hanley back for years now. He will gladly take Beckett/Lowell and the W.S. titles of course, but he knows he gave up a premier talent and in some strange way regrets it. He can try all he wants, I seriously doubt the Marlins will trade that guy.
-
Barry Bonds
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 12:19 AM) Are you sure that wasn't a dog's butt? http://images.google.com/images?q=jesus%20...l=en&tab=wi Touche Jeremy... touche..
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Nov 28, 2009 -> 12:16 PM) We need to atleast get 1 point tonight. Ask, and you shall receive.
-
Barry Bonds
QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 29, 2009 -> 12:09 AM) You've personally met Jesus Christ...in person? Yea, I was having a seizure once and I saw him standing right in front of me. Honest Abe he was.