Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:55 AM) Wow, all three before the road trip? That will be a fun press conference. Hawk fans, enjoy this season. 2011 is going to be rough. Lol, first it was 2010 being rough now 2011 Tony? Will it ever end? I hope we resign Hjalmarsson too. Few friends of mine who watch alot of hockey (for a long time might I add) said he's probably been the best defensemen THIS SEASON for the Hawks overall. (though a couple said second to Seabrook) Should be interesting to see who will probably be gone after this year.. OT: BTW at Seabrook's charity event it pains me to see Kane rocking a Cubs hat, though Duncan Keith's Sox hat made it more easier to stomach. Though it coulda been just politics in the city. I think I remember in an interview Keith preferring the white sox anyways.
  2. QUOTE (bulokis @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:49 AM) Good news on Toews, Keith and Kane's extension. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hocke...0,1592678.story Wow.. Duncan Keith too?! Thats amazing.
  3. Some good quotes by Beckham. One I put in my sig. http://blogs.suntimes.com/whitesox/2009/11..._al_rookie.html And it's good to see the kid wants to improve his D even at second base.
  4. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 10:43 PM) I like the outside the box thinking on that one. That would have never crossed my mind but that's an interesting idea. Does Pat's contract end at the end of this season? Yes it was a 2 year/16 mil deal, and not a bad idea at all KHP. I just hope that he doesn't have the "Edgar Renteria" syndrome.. you know.. hit well in the NL, suck in the AL. Then again.. Edgar went back to the NL and sucked again (though he didn't do that 4 years ago).. so who knows.
  5. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 09:55 PM) If you read my post you know exactly what I'm saying. Your prior post went on about how Miguel Cabrera has accomplished so much and yet he still hasn't even hit his prime. I read that as if you were saying that once in his prime years Cabrera should be expected to improve upon his current production. If that's what you were saying then I completely disagree with that. If not, I don't know what you would have talked about his prime for. No, no, no I read it.. I just couldn't believe what you said it mostly. I am entirely too lazy tonight though to actually reply back to that however so your off the hook. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 10:18 PM) Could you imagine the run-producing/OBP potential we'd have with Beckham, a healthy CQ, Gonzalez, and Nick Johnson!?!? It would fix our scoring runs problem and overall offensive production thats for sure. All four of those guys have the "potential" to put up an OBP or .370 or higher. All of those guys (depends on Beckham as the 2 spot might not net as many as more than likely Ozzie will leave him there) and even an Alex Rios will drool of the RBI chances they will net.
  6. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 04:38 PM) Cabrera is in his prime now and just because he's entering the ages where most OTHER players break out doesn't mean that holds true for him. There are some very special hitters who reach their primes very early in their careers and he is one of them. Uh.. what? QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 06:06 PM) meaning the guy who owns the site verified the source of the rumor, then posted it on Soxnet and soxtalk. Dont get us wrong, nobody is saying that this deal is signed, sealed and delivered. However, the homework has been done before this report was posted, Soxtalk doesnt want to be known as a site that is just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks and this is no exception. :headbang Pretty much spot on Kyyle. Net Adrian, sign Nick Johnson to DH (or see what Jason Bay is commanding, though I doubt we net him anyways, and I trust Herm who is one of the best in the business to help keep Johnson healthy) and maybe take a small flyer/minor league deal for Austin Kearns for RF (see if he finds it again, and is outstanding defensively, cause I highly doubt we can trade for Crawford as well IF this rumored deal goes to plan) maybe find one more good BP arm, (maybe KW trust a Nunez, Link, etc?) and I'd call it a hellova offseason. Our defense will be much improved. (barring how Teahan does at 3B.. could even be much, much improved)
  7. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 04:27 PM) Isn't that pretty much how everyone is viewing Adrian, as a 2 year player? I also dislike the term "rental" here. Would you call a FA on a 2-year deal a "rental?" Probably not. Cabrera is paid what he's worth, but it's pretty unreasonable to talk about the length of Cabrera's contract at those figures as a good thing for a team like the Sox. I don't expect the Sox to get any crazier than Peavy's deal, and if we do get Adrian, I'm not going to expect the Sox to lock him up for the long haul. That's pretty much why I called him what I did. The term "rental" mighta been a bit of a stretch, but you know where I'm comming from in this.
  8. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 04:26 PM) Are you sure about that? His OPS/OPS+ in both years in the AL are lower than they were the 3 previous seasons in FL. Uh.. yea Year 1 in AL: 129 OPS+ Year 2 AL: 142 OPS+ He's gotten better adjusting to the AL. I think you misread what I was saying. The AL is the superior league to the NL and he had to adjust in year 1, and made the adjustment in year 2. Hell his first year in the AL.. that is some (or a good number of) players' BEST years which is just scary.
  9. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 04:18 PM) Come on guys. Miguel Cabrera's OPS at home has actually been much higher than on the road. Sure, Comerica isn't a hitter's paradise, but comparing it to Petco is a f***ing joke. I just hope Adrian does this consistently then I can see it and hopefully isn't a one year thing. Miggy has put up the numbers his entire career (also playing in the NL) and has gotten better considerably making the jump to the AL overall. If we net Adrian.. he'll already have an advantage that Miggy probably will never have.. hitting in a hitter's park. I just find it amazing that Miggy is damn near a full year younger and still isn't even gonna reach his prime yet till next season as far as hitters.
  10. QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 04:03 PM) miguel cabrera has been a better hitter over the course of their two careers yes. that said...what matters most is what they will do over the next 5, not what they did over the last 2 or the last 5 or whatever. Given the fact that Gonzalez is left handed, a GG defender, doesn't have enormous question marks about his conditioning and commitment (ie getting hammered and driving home at 4 in the morning to fight with your wife the dya before your teams biggest game) and has a ridiculously reasonable contract for a couple years ....id prefer gonzalez over cabrera just about any day of the week You have to remember how incredibly talented gonzalez is ...what he is doing now is what everyone expected him to do when Florida made him the #1 overall pick... bottom line is they are both tremendous, tremendous players and are enormous impact MVP type bats in any lineup Good post and this might be the most reasonable so far, as far as that debate, but I will still disagree with you. Miggy drinks and all that sure (dunno what that has to do with his hitting but I'll play along) but you don't know if he would do the same stuff here, especially considering he and Ozzie are very good friends not to mention Ozzie is alot harder on him than Leyland. Ozzie himself told Miggy to lose the weight last year and Miggy came into Tigers camp in the best shape he was in for like 4 years. That doesn't happen by accident. He said it himself that Ozzie was in his ear that whole offseason about getting in shape. I'll agree though that Adrian does have better defense at this point, but Miggy could improve that (he was playing 3B/corner OF majority of his career) and he's also not been blessed in playing in two horrific hitting parks in Florida and Detroit. I can't even agree with the contract argument as Miggy is basically paid what he's worth into his prime at about 19 mil a year as we can only pray that Adrian would accept anything like that or less when his two years are up. You could potentially say he's a two year rental whereas Miggy is locked up for another 6-7 years at the age of 26 but as of right now.. sure Adrian's contract is much, much better.... as of right now and next year.
  11. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:58 PM) Close over a 2 year span in which Cabrera had by far his worst season out of the past 6 and Gonzalez had by far the best year of his career. That's dishonest. I mean it's completely ridiculous in my eyes to not see it. Jesus I never thought of seeing Miggy as underrated when he's just a crazy beast of a hitter who happens to be also a year younger doing this now in the AL and getting better year after year.
  12. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:52 PM) I believe I said one could argue that he's better, and that he's a top 5 hitter in the league. Oh my bad.. "He's more impactful than the great Miguel Cabrera" who was playing 3B and RF before he made the switch to 1B. I just don't agree with that, but f*** the whole Miggy vs Adrian debate and just let the good times roll. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:53 PM) And your argument is based largely on an assumption that his numbers would improve upon leaving a pitcher's park, something that does not always come true and something that never happened to Cabrera. There is no argument to be made that isn't based on conjecture. Exactly. IMO.. take Miggy out of the "great" hitters parks in Florida and Detroit and put him in the Cell and IMO.. he's more of a beast than Adrian would be here.
  13. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 03:46 PM) Cabrera's OPS the last 2 years; .915. Gonzalez; .913. He's not exactly better than him for his full career, but Gonzalez's numbers last year were just sick, and he's been trending upwards year after year. Adrian has had only one OPS+ over 150 which was last year. Miggy has done that 3 times before he turned 25 and just had a 142 OPS+ last year adjusting to the AL (which will probably continue to go up this comming season and is a year younger). I love Adrian but saying he's "better" than Miguel Cabrera is utterly stupid. And you can't even use the park factors cause Miggy hasn't had the glorious hitting parks in Florida or Detroit either. Sure you can say they are "close" or even Miggy is "slightly better" but don't bring that hyperbole in this thread. That's all I'm saying.
  14. Wow on the rumor... and Steve shut up about Adrian being better than Miggy please. K thanks.
  15. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 02:33 AM) Um, can I get atleast one vote for Nolan Reimold, or do the Orioles no longer count as a major league baseball team? The fact that Nolan Reimold didn't get a single vote is absurd. Of course, most people don't realize the offensive season Reimold had, but that's OK, I suppose. The dude did his best to out-OPS everyone on the entire White Sox roster, and he got close to doing so. He had a great season, and I imagine only a few diehard baseball fans here even know who he is. Great call Blake. I actually forgot about him after he went down with that season ending injury. I thought Beckham had it locked up till he struggled a bit late. Reimold, though about 30 fewer at bats, outperformed him. Hell even though he won't win it, if Andrus is considered especially cause of his position, I would think a catcher like Matt Wieters (.288/.340/.412/.752) would get some consideration (at least) as well.
  16. QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 06:03 PM) http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4651324 Wow, no love for Beckham or Niemann, that's pretty rough since I believe the statistics would have Gordo as top hitter and Niemann as top pitcher. Yea which is utterly stupid. Now if Beckham winds up losing I hope it's for either Niemann or Anderson as I feel both guys are also as deserving though Porcello is also as up there with Anderson too. Gordo also changing positions from a natural SS to 3B basically learning on the fly from never playing there, could perhaps sway the vote for him as well. Now I don't think Andrus should or would get it anyways even though he is a good defensive SS, just doesn't have the numbers and I remember some analyst commenting about Porcello and only starting more against NL teams in interleague and hardly in the AL East. And unless a reliever puts up 03 Eric Gagne numbers in a season (meh.. may be alittle harsh on my part there) OR if there's no other candidates to even consider (Huston Street won it in 05 over Cano whose rookie season [.297/.320/.458/.778] wasn't that great, though he did do it in NY and Jonny Gomes SHOULD had won it though not hitting the 350 abs mark might have hurt him) I never feel a reliever (in this case Bailey) should win the award. But that's my two cents.
  17. QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 09:18 PM) I probably should have had Radiohead in my top 20, but I just forgot about them. I go through periods where I listen to them fairly often and others where I never listen to them at all, and it just turns out that this is one of the periods where I never listen to them Yea I couldn't believe I forgot Pearl Jam. It's gonna be one of those list when most posters will probably say "how the hell did I forgot that band" when the full list is up.
  18. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2009 -> 08:39 PM) Brady is just paddling the Colts. Doesn't hurt when the Colts entire secondary is beat up and they are starting two rookie corners.
  19. Broncos with their third straight loss. Are they still one of the elite teams Kev? I knew that team was vastly overrated. In fact.. they should either be 5-4 or 4-5 right now if it wasn't for miracle events. The Bengals are way more legit in my eyes than the Broncos.
  20. Theres a strong rumor going around that Kane and Toews are real close to signing long term extensions, and they expect announcements as early as next week.
  21. QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 09:02 PM) What has Elton Brand become? A man trying to find himself... with a new offensive attack, (Princeton) not enough plays run in the post, benched in the 4th quarter(s), and playing with mostly athletes instead of basketball players.
  22. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 09:32 AM) huh? Edit: Never mind, found what you were talking about: I hate LeBron as a person, and I'm not buying that bulls***. Its funny I mentioned that a couple years ago he'd be overshadowed because of #23 and now he wants to change it in his FA year when New Jersey, New York, Miami and Chicago all have it retired? Go f*** yourself LeBron, the person.. but LeBron the player.... you can play here. Bulls and 76ers tonight should be a good game. Noah is making me excited to see him play.
  23. SoxAce replied to kwill's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 05:07 PM) If our backup options are some version of Torres, perhaps Marquez et al., and Mr. "Offday"...it might be manageable...but if you're going to gamble on that, you better have a really good offense to bail you out if the worst case scenario hits. Defense too. Ely will probably be in the mix as well if he pitches as well in AAA like he did in AA.
  24. I don't get why people are arguing Rios vs Crawford as far as position. Crawford is a superior LF defensively. That's where he belongs and where he fits comfortably.
  25. QUOTE (The Beast @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 11:57 PM) Where are you going to school and what for? There's a lot of nice accelerated degree programs within the chicagoland area. Still undecided of the school as of now and even if I want to go in the spring or summer (I know.. gotta make up my mind quick) but more than likely.. Criminal Justice will be my field. QUOTE (qwerty @ Nov 14, 2009 -> 01:47 AM) Such could be debated. Seriously though, ace is not that dumb. Oh why thank you A.J. That means alot comming from you.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.