Everything posted by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
There are all kinds of thread to put your hate in why are you chasing me around ? You've got volatile opinions , you're a meatball. Start a hot takes thread if you feel so strongly. I promise I won't go near it little man.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
Ah the Urquidy news was out there already on CBS but didn't know how reliable it was so I thought that you saw something about Shane Smith.
-
2024 Reminder
I don't want to hurry Bonemer but they should send him to AAA now and be ready for a May call up in 2027 if there's baseball by then , Just have to find a place for him to play.
-
Sox winner!!
The haters have to cancel the collapse for another day . The Sox extent & equal their biggest division lead to 3.5 games. What an enjoyable game. I though Venable could've went with Newcomb longer but with 25 pitches in 1.1 innings maybe he can pitch again in the 3rd game of the series. Peters had 3 hits including the 2 run HR in the 5 run 4th inning that put them ahead for good. He also had a single off a LHP. Early in the game it shows the OPS leaders since the All Star break and Meidroth was in the top 5 and over 1.000.
-
Davis Martin to IL, McDougal optioned to AAA, Urquidy & Schweitzer recalled
I believe they won 9 of 11 he started at one point very recently. Seem to remember a X post about it.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
LOL such a blowhard .Maybe you need to look up definitely in the dictionary . If you get the itch to spout your negative viewpoints because you can't enjoy the season or being a soxfan feel free to open your own threads with the titles of your multiple complaints so you can converse with your people. I think you are actively seeking out my attention , you poor lonely man. Nah, I'mma Do My Own Thing If Urquidy and Shane Sith are true that's wrong and it's ok to be wrong. I wouldn't have said anything but when you put stuff like "definitely" that's like hey I'm so smart I know for sure.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
Was there a tweet on this somewhere that you posted ?
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
Nothing that was announced. Probably just getting special attention for his callup. Fathom says he's pitching today after Newcombe. And Shane Smith against the Cubs on Wednesday.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
Sorry! Wrong person !
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
You mad because it"definitely" wasn't Thorpe? Always so sure and always so wrong. I guess you were taught if you act like you know what you are talking about people will believe you.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
In English ! All I know is that it had nothing to do with the thread title of picking the next starting pitcher. You just came in here to stir the pot as if Drohan is the next great pitcher the Sox dumped. If you think that go start a thread about it. He's having a little bit of success in his 1st taste of MLB action 2 years after he was roster churn casualty. He has a whole .6 bWar. Non news dude . Maybe he'll help the Brewers fight off the Cubs.
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
Doesn't matter what the Athletic says. They're just playing the latest rendition of " Who wins the Central " ? Who'd they pick at the beginning of the season ? Maybe the Tigers and figured it was a good idea to remind everyone. Pretty sure they didn't make that prediction right after the Tigers traded Skubal and Mize.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
What's this doing in here ? Has nothing to do with the thread topic. It's Red Sox news if anything . They dumped him after us.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
I like the people who think it'll be Thorpe since his last very good start. Everything kind of lines up for Urquidy but if we're looking at a start the middle of the week against the Cubs rather than the Tigers who knows. Still could be anyone but the poll doesn't close until the second the 20th starts so if you haven't voted yet you might get a clue before the poll closes. 11:59PM 8/19. By then the decision on what to do with Thorpe once his rehab assignment ends on the 17th should be announced.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
If they are going to call someone up to start tomorrow it wouldn't be him since he started today. Could be Urquidy he hasn't pitched since the 9th and only 2 innings then. Schultz schedule to pitch for Charlotte on Friday, Sandlin Saturday and Cannon Sunday. Strange no Urquidy for a while. Could be working with him preparing him to come up. Kay is supposed to start tomorrow. link ? I don't see any starting pitchers listed for tomorrows game on CBS sports.
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
Shane Smith had a good outing today against Rochester 6.0IP 3 1R 1ER 1BB 5K 0HR 5.26
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
The respect of a grateful nation 🎖️ If I didn't pick Cannon I probably would've went with Urquidy. I didn't know Cannon started Tuesday and couldn't continue his 3 game streak of excellence.
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
Only if we're ahead which we may not be.
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
Umps pissed because Quero showing up the HP ump
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
This is why I made the poll . Our Soxtalk brothers seem to think it may be Thorpe. May just depend on who's turn it is when the Sox make the call. Wouldn't rule out Urquidy, Schultz , Sandlin or even Cannon.
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
Sox are always getting hit by pitches and don't think I've seen one opposing pitcher tossed on the first one of a game.
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
He married to Kirsten Dunst
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
Quero wearing this ump out. That's 3 ABS challenges he's won already against him.
-
8/13 Reds at Sox 12:10 PM
Very nice 2 out 3 run inning. Meidroth and Grichuk doing damage !
-
Poll: Who will be the next starting pitcher not currently on the 26
He's always been a great minor league pitcher but that fastball hasn't got any faster. It was mostly 89-91 yesterday, threw one at 93 according to comments I saw on a podcast. But it does look like he'd be the favorite unless they go back to Schultz. I'd like to see Cannon's next start too and see if he can keep up what he's been doing . I know we think the Sox may not consider him anymore but if his command has improved as much as it looks like he can be a viable option again. Plus he already got innings built up so when he is pitching well he can go 6. Thorpe has passed all the tests so far but the 1st year after TJ surgery can be rough. Actually regarding Castillo's downward trend he said was because he was having trouble with his changeup after shoulder problems and Seattle liked sliders more so said he should go with that and he just never got back to throwing his changeup. https://soxmachine.com/2026/08/newly-acquired-luis-castillo-is-embracing-change-with-the-white-sox-but-can-it-turn-around-his-season One game rediscovering the changeup doesn't mean everything is OK . He's just getting back to the pitch that was lethal in his hey day but it is a very good sign that he can be a lot better than he has been this year if he harnesses the feel for his changeup again.